Champions League 2022/2023

Ok fo getta bout it. Leipzig dead!!

This ref sucks!!!!!!!!!

Haaland a frickin beast!!! 5 goals in under 60 minutes. What a show..i.e. shitshow on the Leipzig side.

Leipzig sure has a Motley Crew of Germans I really don’t prefer to see with the National Team anymore: Werner, Raum, Henrichs, Klosterman. Blah!!!

Totally forgot there were matches today. Shitty Leipzig with an embarrassing showing.
More embarrassing than the score showed. Woeful. But what does one expect from a Marco Rose coached team? Has Marco coached half of the Bundesliga? Henrichs and Raum were brutal. Midfield totally overrun. Werner being Werner can't stay onside. Gvardiol Haaland was smart enough to stay away from. Only issue I had was Edersson lucky he did not get a red card early. Embarrassing for the Bundesliga. Leipzig and Dortmund both need to look in the mirror.

The end of the Porto / Inter Milan wild in injury time. 0-0 gets Inter Milan through but in injury time Dumfries makes a save on the line and Porto hits the post twice. Then a red card for Porto and coach gets a yellow. Crazy stuff and what makes the UCL so great.

Haaland a frickin beast!!! 5 goals in under 60 minutes. What a show..i.e. shitshow on the Leipzig side.
Saw a story the other day about how Roy Hodgson had a chance to sign Haaland for 5 million at Crystal Palace (before he went to Dortmund) and passed saying he didn't think he was physical enough for the PL and instead went for Jordan Ayew.
The end of the Porto / Inter Milan wild in injury time. 0-0 gets Inter Milan through but in injury time Dumfries makes a save on the line and Porto hits the post twice. Then a red card for Porto and coach gets a yellow. Crazy stuff and what makes the UCL so great.
Watched that, I was like "seriously?" It's like the football gods were like "sorry Porto, not this year"

Saw a story the other day about how Roy Hodgson had a chance to sign Haaland for 5 million at Crystal Palace (before he went to Dortmund) and passed saying he didn't think he was physical enough for the PL and instead went for Jordan Ayew.

Watched that, I was like "seriously?" It's like the football gods were like "sorry Porto, not this year"
Haaland made the Leipzig defenders look like pylons. Man is he quick. Robofootballer!!! Did not hear about Crystal Palace, but Man U made a run at him before Dortmund too....I think..but at the time he (or his father) preferred a lesser team for his progression and Dortmund was the fit.

3 Italian teams in the final 8. Not bad. Napoli the real deal. German teams embarrassed themselves as usual other than Bayern.

3 Italian teams in the final 8. Not bad. Napoli the real deal. German teams embarrassed themselves as usual other than Bayern.
They seem like the most consistent team in Europe right now if you look at European and Domestic results.

Gonna be hard for them to hang on to Osimhen.

4632670.jpg

Terrible draw for me. Bayern will have to go through Man City and maybe Real Madrid just to get to the final.
I know they say it's random, but looks like they wanted to make sure the final wasn't two Italian or two English teams.

I know they say it's random, but looks like they wanted to make sure the final wasn't two Italian or two English teams.
Interesting. You may be right. Only good news is one of the evil empires won’t make the final.

Europa Conference League Draw:
1679061208755.png

Many people malign Serie A, and to be fair, it was down for a while, but they have 3 teams in the UCL quarters, 2 in Europa League quarters, and 1 in the Europa Conference League quarters.

I've always loved Serie A and it was the first European League I watched and followed (because I was stationed there), I hope they are now back to where they are consistently competing in Europe.

Incredible draw for Napoli.
You'd think, but the last time they actually beat Inter was 19/20 season. Since then they've played 7 times.
Inter has won 4 and they've drawn three times.