Cherry Tomato plants still producing but have slowed.

My garden didn't grow worth a shit this year.

Having some shitty luck this year with the cherry tomato's.
Might have to do with the crazy weather so far this summer.

Who is getting tomato's already>??/

tomato GIF

Nothing in the vegetable garden yet. Maybe a green tomato or two buried in the middle of the mass of vines.

Do need to start picking blueberries, though. Got maybe 2 quarts of strawberries earlier in the spring.

Having some shitty luck this year with the cherry tomato's.
Might have to do with the crazy weather so far this summer.

Who is getting tomato's already>??/
I have romas and cherries growing. Nothing ripening yet. Also have a number of peppers growing.

I have romas and cherries growing. Nothing ripening yet. Also have a number of peppers growing.

I have some green peppers too, but not doing much either.

Seems like they aren't coming on as strong as usual, and July's here already.

I think I fucked up this year and got Top Soil for my tomato pots instead of potting mix.

The water passes right through to the catch pan.

And the plants are no more than 50% as big as last year. Live and learn.

My herbal plant is doing well though.

I have some green peppers too, but not doing much either.

Seems like they aren't coming on as strong as usual, and July's here already.
It's on track here. I usually start making salsa mid August. We start late up here though.

Picked some pretty good roma tomatoes from Kroger on Monday. I make a fantastic salad

Planted just one Roma late. First cluster is just starting to turn. However, my sunflower planting is going to be amazing. 5 weeks to go had circa 95% germination. Going to be a helluva birdfeeder.

All the tomato plants are coming on strong now.
Green Pepper plants...... not so much.

We had a real hot spell a while back like many others. 43 C. 109 F. For 4 consecutive days.

My tomatoes are in pots on my sundeck and we do have the pots on wheels so we move them under the eaves when it rains or gets too hot.

But I think it was so fucking hot, even in the shade on our deck that the flowers dried out. Neutered themselves.

Like the mussels and oysters on the beaches in this area.

Just cooked by the heat.

Starting to get some flowers on the cherry tomato plant, but I've got a 6' beefsteak plant that is going to do sweet fuck all. I had visions of thick slabs of beefsteak on my burgers. One slab only required.

Cucs doing well though. And it's easy to find any weeds in the lawn as they are the really green things.

And because weeds do well, my girl is doing very well.

We get real warm when conditions are right. A valley at the head of an inlet.

I can't remember our last rainfall. Lately we've averaged 29-32 C (84-90F)

Supposed to be cloudy and cooler for a couple of days but no rain.

At least we have prevailing winds in our favour keeping the burning BC interior from coming our way.

We get real warm when conditions are right. A valley at the head of an inlet.

I can't remember our last rainfall. Lately we've averaged 29-32 C (84-90F)

Supposed to be cloudy and cooler for a couple of days but no rain.

At least we have prevailing winds in our favour keeping the burning BC interior from coming our way.

That sounds like a typical year here in Central Oklahoma.
But this year has been extremely mild.
Maybe hurt the early tomato production.

Since the 20 inches of rain stopped, and the temperature has gone back up, my biggest plant has about a hundred little green tomato's all over it. It's sprawling and is around 5 feet tall now.

Pepper plants still suck.

Since the 20 inches of rain stopped, and the temperature has gone back up, my biggest plant has about a hundred little green tomato's all over it. It's sprawling and is around 5 feet tall now.

Pepper plants still suck.
Go out and prune any new flowers. Just pinch em all off. Energy will go to the tomatoes instead of more flowering. Fertilize with a phosphorus-dominant fertilizer.