Cherry Tomato plants still producing but have slowed.

One of my cherry tomato plants is producing hundreds of little tomato's.
The other 2 cherry tomato plants, different species, are just sitting there not producing.

All right next to each other, so, sun, water, soil, etc, is all the same.

What's up with that.

Just made a batch of cherry tomato salsa per tradition. Just raw and kind of random stuff thrown in. I'm probably two weeks away from doing real batches of canned salsa.

Show Off Season 2 GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

I think my tomato plants have reached their peak and are slowing down now.

Not sure it's too early for that, but not that concerned.

What about everybody else.

@TigerBait1971

I think my tomato plants have reached their peak and are slowing down now.

Not sure it's too early for that, but not that concerned.

What about everybody else.

@TigerBait1971
My shit is done. I pulled 2 watermelon and tomorrow I'll pull some more Cayene to make more sauce, then it's demolition time.View attachment 40230

Next 10 days are mid 90's and little rain.
Not sure they will hang in there that long.

Getting droopy

Tabasco Chili's??
Cayenne. Going to make more hot sauce. Thought this would be the last but most of the plants still are loaded with green ones, so another harvest in a week or so. Only thing left besides them are field peas.

Going to let them ferment for a week on the counter. 20210828_111138.jpg

Probably more than I get in a year. I add every kind of pepper I have to the seasoning though.
I grew mostly cayenne this year for sauce and a couple of jalapeños for salsa. May try some habanero and ghost peppers next year.

I grew mostly cayenne this year for sauce and a couple of jalapeños for salsa. May try some habanero and ghost peppers next year.
Habanero are amazing. I personally think ghost taste like shit. I have some Carolina reapers growing right now.

Could I get the recipe for your hot sauce?

Habanero are amazing. I personally think ghost taste like shit. I have some Carolina reapers growing right now.

Could I get the recipe for your hot sauce?
Never had either ghost or reaper. Let me know what you think about the reaper.

Recipe is easy, but I don't really measure.

Cut the stems off the peppers and chop them up in the food processor.

Make a brine of 3 tablespoons of pickling salt per quart of water. A quart will be way more than you need, but it prevents me from having to do math.

Put the chopped up peppers in a quart or 2 quart wide mouth jar depending on how much you have.

Pour the brine into the jar until the peppers are covered. Some will still stay at the top and that's OK. I use a glass weight to keep most of them covered.

I use these fermentation lids that fit wide mouth mason jars. It keeps air from getting in and let's the CO2 out as the fermentation happens. Amazon product ASIN B01ERZGVVK

Leave the jar on the counter for a week.

After that, dump the contents of the jar into a pot and add a half cup to a cup of vinegar. Bring to a boil and then simmer to you get the consistency you want. I like mine kinda thick.

Then you either can bottle as is, or blend everything up, or I use a food mill to strain out the seeds.