Cherry Tomato plants still producing but have slowed.

Amazon link doesn't show up, but they are called pickle pipes.

Never had either ghost or reaper. Let me know what you think about the reaper.

Recipe is easy, but I don't really measure.

Cut the stems off the peppers and chop them up in the food processor.

Make a brine of 3 tablespoons of pickling salt per quart of water. A quart will be way more than you need, but it prevents me from having to do math.

Put the chopped up peppers in a quart or 2 quart wide mouth jar depending on how much you have.

Pour the brine into the jar until the peppers are covered. Some will still stay at the top and that's OK. I use a glass weight to keep most of them covered.

I use these fermentation lids that fit wide mouth mason jars. It keeps air from getting in and let's the CO2 out as the fermentation happens. Amazon product ASIN B01ERZGVVK

Leave the jar on the counter for a week.

After that, dump the contents of the jar into a pot and add a half cup to a cup of vinegar. Bring to a boil and then simmer to you get the consistency you want. I like mine kinda thick.

Then you either can bottle as is, or blend everything up, or I use a food mill to strain out the seeds.
Does your fermenting hot sauce grow mold? I've made some Sriracha but had a tough time actually eating it after seeing/smelling the mold that went along with it.

Does your fermenting hot sauce grow mold? I've made some Sriracha but had a tough time actually eating it after seeing/smelling the mold that went along with it.

Shocked Face Wow GIF

It may grow a little at the top that is exposed to air. Just skim that off before dumping into the pot.

Finally made a gallon of salsa and a half gallon of pasta sauce tonight. Going to probably have a record pepper year in many ways but tomato plants have not enjoyed the heat and drought.

The plant is still alive thru 2 frosts/freezes.
Has a lot of green ones which will never make it.

I'll pick the last few red ones tomorrow.

The plant is still alive thru 2 frosts/freezes.
Has a lot of green ones which will never make it.

I'll pick the last few red ones tomorrow.
That tomato plant puts up more of a fight than Oklahoma’s defense.

I have about 15 small 'volunteer' tomato plants coming up.
I guess it's a by-product of it dropping tons of tomatos on the ground.

I'm going to let them all grow and see when happens.
It's in a pretty confined area for so many plants, so not expecting much.

I'll keep you posted.

I think we are going to try some 5 gallon buckets this year for some plants.
Not sure what to plant in those. Don't need any tomato plants.

Any ideas ?

My little dog loves the cherry tomatoes.
Last year she eats any that fall of the vine, and actually pulls them off the vine to eat.

So, now I have tiny tomato plants coming up all over the yard.
Must be a hundred of them.

My little dog loves the cherry tomatoes.
Last year she eats any that fall of the vine, and actually pulls them off the vine to eat.

So, now I have tiny tomato plants coming up all over the yard.
Must be a hundred of them.
STILL producing!

I have about 15 small 'volunteer' tomato plants coming up.
I guess it's a by-product of it dropping tons of tomatos on the ground.

I'm going to let them all grow and see when happens.
It's in a pretty confined area for so many plants, so not expecting much.

I'll keep you posted.

2 years ago and the year before that our cherry tomato plant on the deck produced at least 1000. I could pick and eat 30 a day for over a month. And like you say there were still green ones at the end.

I pick those too and put them in a cardboard beer flat and place it in my pantry. They don't ripen that way as fast as a regular tomato but they still turn eventually.

I'm trying to get my hands on a determinate beefsteak plant. I don't have a garden so I try to do 3 plants on the deck, usually with great results.

I think we are going to try some 5 gallon buckets this year for some plants.
Not sure what to plant in those. Don't need any tomato plants.

Any ideas ?

Yes.
Since I have plenty of cherry tomato plants already, I'm going to say fuck that, I have too many other things to do this year.

I'm trying to get my hands on a determinate beefsteak plant. I don't have a garden so I try to do 3 plants on the deck, usually with great results.
Does that produce all season, or just a big burst at the end.

Does that produce all season, or just a big burst at the end.

The beefsteak plant would produce if bees find the flowers. But I don't want it getting too tall.

The cherry plants produce till October once they start.

Ditto for regular patio tomatoes. And they ripen nicely if picked green.

What I need is Sun, Sun, Mr Golden Sun, please shine down on me.

Nothing but rain for the last 1.5 months. 2 week outlook is more of the same.

Too cold form my cucumber plant.

Too wet and cold for my "other" plants...