Collateral Damage of winning a national title

Says the guy with two titles in the last 50 years, and the last one being almost a decade ago.....

I truly believe Ohio State fans believe they are Alabama, when in reality your team has taken historically great recruiting and done almost nothing with it.
2 titles in the last 21 years, but phrase it however you need to in order to feel better about yourself.

In my adult life (2002-now), no team has won more games than Ohio State or has a higher winning percentage. We've won 13 bowl games, We've won the conference 11 times. We won more BCS games than anyone other than USC and Florida. We've accomplished more in the last 21 years than michigan has in the last 75. This is why you are still our little brother.

2 titles in the last 21 years, but phrase it however you need to in order to feel better about yourself.

In my adult life (2002-now), no team has won more games than Ohio State or has a higher winning percentage. We've won 13 bowl games, We've won the conference 11 times. We won more BCS games than anyone other than USC and Florida. We've accomplished more in the last 21 years than michigan has in the last 75. This is why you are still our little brother.
Shrinking the time frame to 21 years doesn't change the data. In a half century Ohio State has 2 national titles.

Wait
So 2 NC's in the last 21 years is somehow worse than 1 1/2 NC's in 75 years.

Someone explain
You aren't making the point you think you are.

I never said it was worse. A team saying this, with almost identical accomplishment in the last half century, is hilarious to me:
It's simply a product of being an afterthought for 2 decades, sometimes much worse than that, and finally experiencing any success. "Act like you've been there" literally doesn't apply, and it's obvious.
The last time Ohio State "has been there", was 3 presidents ago. Hell, Nebraska has been to a bowl game more recently than Ohio State's last national title. I had two kids, one of which is 9, since the last time Ohio State won anything. Ohio State has been an afterthought for pretty much the last decade. If anything, they've become the butt of a joke about recruiting at an elite level while doing nothing with it.

They've become what they used to make fun of Michigan for, and if you want evidence -- go check out their most recent bowl game. Their coach is 1 Michigan loss away from being fired. And we love this for them.

And for extra context, Michigan and Ohio State both have 2 national titles in the last 26 years....or 50 years. Only 1 team has a national title in the last 9 years.

And for extra context, Michigan and Ohio State both have 2 national titles in the last 26 years....or 50 years. Only 1 team has a national title in the last 9 years.
Yeah see how you have to keep bringing up arbitrary dates like you are? I used my adult life as frame of reference, which makes sense, but just take this century. Ohio State is leaps and bounds ahead of michigan in every single way, and it's clear you are having trouble coming to terms with that.

I never said it was worse. A team saying this, with almost identical accomplishment in the last half century, is hilarious to me:

The last time Ohio State "has been there", was 3 presidents ago. Hell, Nebraska has been to a bowl game more recently than Ohio State's last national title. I had two kids, one of which is 9, since the last time Ohio State won anything. Ohio State has been an afterthought for pretty much the last decade. If anything, they've become the butt of a joke about recruiting at an elite level while doing nothing with it.

They've become what they used to make fun of Michigan for, and if you want evidence -- go check out their most recent bowl game. Their coach is 1 Michigan loss away from being fired. And we love this for them.
LOL it's funny how you project your own opinions onto the rest of the nation when nobody else feels this way.

Says the guy with two titles in the last 50 years and no coaches suspended for cheating, and the last one being almost a decade ago.....which was the first every playoff Natty.

I truly believe Ohio State fans believe they are Alabama, when in reality your team has taken historically great recruiting and done almost nothing with it.
FIFY

Yeah see how you have to keep bringing up arbitrary dates like you are? I used my adult life as frame of reference, which makes sense, but just take this century. Ohio State is leaps and bounds ahead of michigan in every single way, and it's clear you are having trouble coming to terms with that.
All time - Michigan is better. Most recent, Michigan. All other dates are arbitrary, no? 50 years is a pretty typical time period. So is a decade. Not looking great for Ohio State in either of those. Now "21 years" is arbitrary as fuck.

All time - Michigan is better. Most recent, Michigan. All other dates are arbitrary, no? 50 years is a pretty typical time period. So is a decade. Not looking great for Ohio State in either of those. Now "21 years" is arbitrary as fuck.
LOL ok. If you need to go back to the leather helmet days when the forward pass wasn't legal to try and make a point, you don't have a good point. In the modern era (which is normally considered 1936-now) Ohio State is far ahead of michigan in wins, winning percentage, H2H, conference championships, and national championships.

Also we never had an NCAA investigation for literally cheating on the field.

And you wonder why everyone on here is calling you out for being a douchebag.
Everyone?!?! I must have missed that? I've simply responded in kind to those who have run their mouths. You know..........people like you.

I'm sure IF OAM ever wins anything again -- we would never hear the end of it. You probably forgot about that as it has been so long ago for OAM. They have no one to blame but themselves though. At some point they will figure out the weak spot on their coaching staff isn't their DC or OC. Until then, I will just enjoy the ride.

:pound: :violin::pound::violin::pound::shortbus::pound::violin::pound::violin::pound:

So MnB is the one picking arbitrary dates? The fact you are truly clueless makes the post ever better.
Pretty wild to say "we have 2 titles in the last 21 years" and then accuse me of using an arbitrary date because I said 50 lol.

LOL it's funny how you project your own opinions onto the rest of the nation when nobody else feels this way.
You are right. OAM has been relevant -- they have been the 2nd best team in the B1G East. So, far from irrelevant. Plus, you did beat Michigan in 2019.

Congrats on actually using this phrase correctly this time. Other than most of the other stuff is bullshit

Wait

Someone explain
One of the UM honks gives me shit because they beat the team that beat us in the SECCG. Not because they beat us, but because they beat Bama. Thats even though we've won 2 NC in the last 3 years, bitch slapped his team in the Orange Bowl 3 years ago, and then beat TCU, the team that beat them in the CFP, by the largest margin in the history of bowls (at the time, we have since made that margin larger when we bitch slapped FSU). Our players were eating chicken wings in the second half of the game against the team they lost to. But, hey, I guess you have to pound your chest when you can.

One of the UM honks gives me shit because they beat the team that beat us in the SECCG. Not because they beat us, but because they beat Bama. Thats even though we've won 2 NC in the last 3 years, bitch slapped his team in the Orange Bowl 3 years ago, and then beat TCU, the team that beat them in the CFP, by the largest margin in the history of bowls (at the time, we have since made that margin larger when we bitch slapped FSU). Our players were eating chicken wings in the second half of the game against the team they lost to. But, hey, I guess you have to pound your chest when you can.
It wasn't that you lost to Bama. It is that Bama controlled you the entire game. Georgia scored late and you talk like it was a battle. You trailed almost the entire 2nd half. Then when the entire world knew Bama was going to run the ball -- they lined up and ran it down your throat and ran out the clock.

Just think though -- Georgia was also eating chicken wings this past year during the Michigan, while they watched it on TV. :beer2:

Wait

Someone explain
2 in the last 21 years is better than 0 in the last 23 years, but not better than 2 in the last 25, when that team is the reigning national champ (while the other hasn't won one in 10 years)

Hope this explains it all :)

2 in the last 21 years is better than 0 in the last 23 years, but not better than 2 in the last 25, when that team is the reigning national champ (while the other hasn't won one in 10 years)

Thinking Math GIF