Collateral Damage of winning a national title

OU beat Michigan in the 1976 Orange Bowl 14-6 to win the National Championship. Rick Leach was the Michigan QB and he was a great player. Leach was knocked woozy during the game and was on the sideline trying to figure out where he was in the second half but he was tough and came back into the game. He played his heart out but it was Oklahoma's night. Fast forward to Michigan playing OU in baseball that spring in Norman. We were all laughing and yelling "Answer the phone, Leach!". He just looked up in the crowd and smiled. Then he dug in at the plate (left handed) and on the second pitch he hit it so damn hard the ball might still be going. It went over the right field fence and cleared Lindsey Street on the fly. After he crossed home plate, he bowed to the crowd. We gave him a standing ovation.

It is all in good fun. Calm down. You act like I'm talking about people's private lives. Football is a game. It is simply entertainment. Talking trash comes with the territory.

I didn't even say anything about ND either, so no clue why you'd be upset. Only people I respond to like that are those who have done the same to me. It just so happens, Michigan won the national title, so those people don't have much to say now.

Oh, I'm not worked up or anything. When I say you're the worst, I'm saying that very calmly.

OU beat Michigan in the 1976 Orange Bowl 14-6 to win the National Championship. Rick Leach was the Michigan QB and he was a great player. Leach was knocked woozy during the game and was on the sideline trying to figure out where he was in the second half but he was tough and came back into the game. He played his heart out but it was Oklahoma's night. Fast forward to Michigan playing OU in baseball that spring in Norman. We were all laughing and yelling "Answer the phone, Leach!". He just looked up in the crowd and smiled. Then he dug in at the plate (left handed) and on the second pitch he hit it so damn hard the ball might still be going. It went over the right field fence and cleared Lindsey Street on the fly. After he crossed home plate, he bowed to the crowd. We gave him a standing ovation.
Fun fact, that is the only time Michigan and OU have played football against each other -- which is wild to think about.

Oklahoma ducking the B1G. Has played Wisconsin twice, a home-and-home in 69-70.
Another one that's crazy to me, especially with how many b10/SEC bowl tie-ins there are, Michigan has NEVER played LSU.

Oh, I'm not worked up or anything. When I say you're the worst, I'm saying that very calmly.
Well TY for calmly stating that. I will calmly let you know -- while it is unlikely, if ND ever does wins a National Title again, you will be trash talking the fans of whoever your rival is these days and anyone else who has talked down about ND.:beer2:

Leach was before my time, but they talk about him at UM like he was an absolute monster on the baseball diamond. Many say he was the best to ever wear a Michigan baseball uniform.

MI love those wins from the early 1900s. Sorry little brother even the 90s dont help you.
I love the wins from the current decade as well....

It is all in good fun. Calm down. You act like I'm talking about people's private lives. Football is a game. It is simply entertainment. Talking trash comes with the territory.

I didn't even say anything about ND either, so no clue why you'd be upset. Only people I respond to like that are those who have done the same to me. It just so happens, Michigan won the national title, so those people don't have much to say now.
100% This is just football trash talking. If you take it too seriously get a life loser.

Well TY for calmly stating that. I will calmly let you know -- while it is unlikely, if ND ever does wins a National Title again, you will be trash talking the fans of whoever your rival is these days and anyone else who has talked down about ND.:beer2:

No, because I'm not a douchebag like you. My team in the NFL(the Eagles) have won a title recently and I didn't do it. Christ even in your response you're a prick.

No, because I'm not a douchebag like you. My team in the NFL(the Eagles) have won a title recently and I didn't do it. Christ even in your response you're a prick.
It's simply a product of being an afterthought for 2 decades, sometimes much worse than that, and finally experiencing any success. "Act like you've been there" literally doesn't apply, and it's obvious.

I only respond in kind to those who have talked smack in the past and deserve it. I never said anything to you -- you posted to me.

College and Professional sports are completely different. There is a reason why the college football board has 300,000 more posts than the NFL board. Rivalries are bigger in college, as is the trash talking.

I'm a die hard Lions fan -- we haven't won a super bowl.............ever. I couldn't care less if someone says that to me.

It's simply a product of being an afterthought for 2 decades, sometimes much worse than that, and finally experiencing any success. "Act like you've been there" literally doesn't apply, and it's obvious.
:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:An OAM fan giving humility advice :pound::pound::pound::pound:

We've now come full circle. I guess you have a short memory when it comes to your trash talking. I guess when you haven't beaten your rival since 2019 and haven't won a title in a decade and only 2 in 50+ years, it causes memory loss.

Here you go -- I have a gift for you:violin::violin::violin::violin::violin:-- Tiny violins to play during your Whoa is me posts.

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:An OAM fan giving humility advice :pound::pound::pound::pound:

We've now come full circle. I guess you have a short memory when it comes to your trash talking. I guess when you haven't beaten your rival since 2019 and haven't won a title in a decade and only 2 in 50+ years, it causes memory loss.

Here you go -- I have a gift for you:violin::violin::violin::violin::violin:-- Tiny violins to play during your Whoa is me posts.
And you wonder why everyone on here is calling you out for being a douchebag.

Says the guy with two titles in the last 50 years, and the last one being almost a decade ago.....

I truly believe Ohio State fans believe they are Alabama, when in reality your team has taken historically great recruiting and done almost nothing with it.