COVID Murdered My Music Festival and Stole My Lunch Money

Yeah, I get that they're very different. But I can imagine some artists will really miss the live crowds, while some others will just get used to the streaming thing because it's easier.

I've never really been a fan of live shows. Agoraphobia and introversion.
I imagine that livestreaming will be more prevalent in music genres where energy and crowd participation is on the lower end of the spectrum. In hard rock and metal shows, crowd energy and participation are a core of the show. I think we'll see less streaming from those types of genres than pop music that caters to teen girls (for example).

Fuck livestreaming. People need to stop paying for that bullshit. Don't reward this crap. Where are the rock n roll outlaws during all this bullshit? We need a rowdy bunch of drunk asshole giving a giant middle finger to all of this. An impromptu street performance; A planned middle of the desert event...something??

Oh, and all of you that are complaining about ticket prices, should stop listening to overpaid, mainstream assholes.

Before covid, I'd see at least 3 shows a year, and rarely pay much more than $20 bucks a ticket, and if I did pay more, they were living legends.

Instead of paying $300 to see say The Chili Peppers or Tool, pay $30 to see Fu Manchu, and then buy $300 worth of merch, booze and drugs.

The latter will be a much cooler show, I promise.

Where are the rock n roll outlaws during all this bullshit? We need a rowdy bunch of drunk asshole giving a giant middle finger to all of this. An impromptu street performance; A planned middle of the desert event...something??
The weird thing about this is that most "fuck the system" musicians lean left and the lefties are overall more fearful and withdrawn from the virus than the righties. Who are the "fuck the system" righty bands?

Last edited:
You lost me at limp biscuit.....
I have no idea why Limp Bizkit was a headliner. They've made a bit of a nostalgic renaissance recently, but not enough to give them top bill.

I was excited for that Thursday show, but it wasn't for Bizkit, it was for Avatar and Chevelle.

*64 isn't old at all
This would be the perfect spot for that The Office gif where Michael Scott is shutting the door on that old man, but I can't find it with this new damn system.

The weird thing about this is that most "fuck the system" musicians lean left and the lefties are overall more fearful and withdrawn from the virus than the righties. Who are there "fuck the system" righty bands?
Probably all got culture cancelled.

I have no idea why Limp Bizkit was a headliner. They've made a bit of a nostalgic renaissance recently, but not enough to give them top bill.

I was excited for that Thursday show, but it wasn't for Bizkit, it was for Avatar and Chevelle.
Anthrax better nostalgic act than limp bizkit imo.....

The weird thing about this is that most "fuck the system" musicians lean left and the lefties are overall more fearful and withdrawn from the virus than the righties. Who are there "fuck the system" righty bands?
There are plenty of "righty bands", (but so far, none that are rebelling). They just aren't obnoxiously in your face about it, cuz they know the mob of fucktards will come after them.

Funny thing, is the only musicians/bands I've even heard remotely bucking this shit are over 70. Clapton, Ian Anderson and Van Morrison are THE ONLY musicians I've heard even remotely saying fuck you to this.

Kind of ridiculous that only a few, high-risk, geriatrics have enough balls to stand up and say this is killing the world, and ultimately is much more dangerous than this stupid virus.

There are plenty. They just aren't obnoxiously in your face about it, cuz they know the mob of fucktards will come after them.

Funny thing, is the only musicians/bands I've even heard remotely bucking this shit are over 70. Clapton, Ian Anderson and Van Morrison are THE ONLY musicians I've heard even remotely saying fuck you to this.

Kind of ridiculous that only a few high-risk, geriatrics have enough balls to stand up and say this is killing the world, and ultimately is much more dangerous than this stupid virus.
Geriatric and foreigners......uk fuck yeah!!

I don’t want to hear it. John Prine was coming to Atlanta in May. I had tickets to see John Prine in Atlanta in May. Covid came, the concert was cancelled and John Prine died, and taking any chance I’d ever have to see a bucket list show for one of my heroes.

I don’t want to hear it. John Prine was coming to Atlanta in May. I had tickets to see John Prine in Atlanta in May. Covid came, the concert was cancelled and John Prine died, and taking any chance I’d ever have to see a bucket list show for one of my heroes.
fight club hug GIF

You’d have to pay me to show up for anything with limp bizkit listed as a headliner.
Come on man, you know you had the reversed ball cap, and would freak out the second Break Stuff came on. :heh:

Shit yeah I did. Thankfully it was just a phase.
Better than when you went through the Criss Cross phase and wore your overalls backwards. ;)

Come on man, you know you had the reversed ball cap, and would freak out the second Break Stuff came on. :heh:
We all know who had the superior version of “Behind Blue Eyes” and it wasn’t The Who.