COVID Murdered My Music Festival and Stole My Lunch Money

Rock USA Festival Declares Bankruptcy After Inability to Refund Tickets

I paid $89 for a general admission 3-day pass to see all these [types of] bands live [each year] in my own back yard:

2020_poster_lg.jpg

Now the festival coordinators are bankrupt because of the cancelled 2020 festivals, I may never get any of my money back and I'm probably never going to have music festivals like this this close or this cheap again in my life.

mad the rock GIF

angry will ferrell GIF
COVID.
Limp Bizkit and Papa Roach? I think maybe the Covid gods did you a solid. :rolleyes2:

My mind wanders...

Kris Kross...

Kris Kristofferson...

Piss Pisstofferson

Limp Bizkit and

Rock USA Festival Declares Bankruptcy After Inability to Refund Tickets

I paid $89 for a general admission 3-day pass to see all these [types of] bands live [each year] in my own back yard:

2020_poster_lg.jpg

Now the festival coordinators are bankrupt because of the cancelled 2020 festivals, I may never get any of my money back and I'm probably never going to have music festivals like this this close or this cheap again in my life.

mad the rock GIF

angry will ferrell GIF
COVID.

That sucks man. Sorry brother.

LOL. The Daddy Mack will make you jump, bech
There was a guy that was on the Hurricane Harvey relief concert named Chris Cross that apparently was big in the early 80’s that sang about sailing. Is that the same guy?

How is Robert Earl Keen and that dude playing the same show?

Limp Bizkit and Papa Roach? I think maybe the Covid gods did you a solid. :rolleyes2:
Haha... I paid $89 for the ticket. There were 46 bands scheduled to play. That comes out to under $2/show... about the same price as it costed you to download "Nookie" and "Last Resort" to your iPod.

There was a guy that was on the Hurricane Harvey relief concert named Chris Cross that apparently was big in the early 80’s that sang about sailing. Is that the same guy?

How is Robert Earl Keen and that dude playing the same show?
Nah...these dudes had real talent. lulz

wiggity wiggity wiggity wack

They were pretty fly. I'm just sayin'...

Haha... I paid $89 for the ticket. There were 46 bands scheduled to play. That comes out to under $2/show... about the same price as it costed you to download "Nookie" and "Last Resort" to your iPod.

Limp Bizkit, Zombie, Papa Roach and Anthrax would have been worth 89 bones IMO. The rest would have been gravy.

I was just clowning on you. I guess you gotta take a break for some weed or to take a crap sometime.

Good thing Evanescence wasn’t playing or you might’ve hit the trifecta.

Instead of paying $300 to see say The Chili Peppers or Tool, pay $30 to see Fu Manchu, and then buy $300 worth of merch, booze and drugs.

The latter will be a much cooler show, I promise.
I'll spend $100 on drugs, then not care if I get merch or see a concert. :hammer:

But seriously, I agree with the sentiment; there are definitely "diminishing returns" in paying huge dollars to see huge name acts. Some of the best concerts I've ever seen have been local (Vancouver) freebie punk rock concerts. Support local chit or it will disappear.

Edit: And by that, I also mean local clubs and restaurants that have live music.

One last tangent:

What makes great music is having the medium of being able to play live and experiment a little. Musicians thrive on the response from the audience. If the audience really digs something different or experimental that the band is doing that night or during a particular song, then it's likely that the band will consider adding it to their next album. Without feedback from a live audience, most bands will likely default to something corporate that they know will probably give them success.

The more you support bands that are playing the type of music you're into, the better the chances are that the type of music you enjoy will thrive. Pretty simple.

Covid has stolen nothing, other than about half as many lives as reported, most of which would have been lost to pneumonia. Corrupt and insulated Governors and Mayors have stolen from you and many others. Don't stop calling out and guilt shaming anyone without a mask on the jogging path, in their cars or at the grocery store though...it's a calling afterall.

I was just clowning on you. I guess you gotta take a break for some weed or to take a crap sometime.

Good thing Evanescence wasn’t playing or you might’ve hit the trifecta.
Heh... Evanescence is dropping a new album soon. If my festival wasn't being terminated, they might've been booked this year.

Instead of paying $300 to see say The Chili Peppers or Tool, pay $30 to see Fu Manchu, and then buy $300 worth of merch, booze and drugs.

The latter will be a much cooler show, I promise.
I agree with the sentiment, but last time I saw the chili peppers (Stadium Arcadium era), the tickets were around $60. I think that was still before big name show prices skyrocketed though.