Crazy, bitch ass weather

We're supposed to be getting up to a blistering 42 degrees here in coastal RI. :nod:

Boy, crazy bitch ass weather is right. Went from -47 to 45 in a span of a few weeks.
Roller Coaster Love GIF

Weather has mellowed out down here as well.

5.1 earthquake here in Okieland last night. Just about halfway between Tulsa and Oklahoma City.

Lasted for over 30 seconds here. Pulled my shoes on real quick and went downstairs...didn't want to be pulled out of any rubble.

5.1 earthquake here in Okieland last night. Just about halfway between Tulsa and Oklahoma City.

Lasted for over 30 seconds here. Pulled my shoes on real quick and went downstairs...didn't want to be pulled out of any rubble.
Going for the "rock-n-roll" huh? :thrasher:

Hope there wasn't much impact from it in the area. :nod:

Going for the "rock-n-roll" huh? :thrasher:

Hope there wasn't much impact from it in the area. :nod:
They've really tapered off with the state controlling the amount of injection well activity.

...but they still happen. This latest one was the second strongest recorded here I think?

If you take the lat/long of the event and plug it into Google maps, you can see some kind of oil-related equipment literally hundreds of yards from the epicenter. I've done the same tracking with other earthquakes and virtually every time there is an injection well close by. :think:

Snowing here this morning.
High winds last Thursday caused a steel building under construction to collapse. 3 died, 3 critically injured and nine others injured. And we had temperatures in the sixties this week. Crazy bitch ass weather for sure

Snowing here this morning.
High winds last Thursday caused a steel building under construction to collapse. 3 died, 3 critically injured and nine others injured. And we had temperatures in the sixties this week. Crazy bitch ass weather for sure
Fuck!!

They've really tapered off with the state controlling the amount of injection well activity.

...but they still happen. This latest one was the second strongest recorded here I think?

If you take the lat/long of the event and plug it into Google maps, you can see some kind of oil-related equipment literally hundreds of yards from the epicenter. I've done the same tracking with other earthquakes and virtually every time there is an injection well close by. :think:
Capture.JPG

Let me ask you a question. I believe is pretty well thought that it's the fracking that's causing these things. Have they ever proven that they do and if so, has there been any talk of lawsuits claiming damage from the quakes and wanting compensation?

Let me ask you a question. I believe is pretty well thought that it's the fracking that's causing these things. Have they ever proven that they do and if so, has there been any talk of lawsuits claiming damage from the quakes and wanting compensation?
I'm not sure if anyone has actually proven anything...in this day and age, it really doesn't matter what might have been proven because all you have to do is claim fraud or flawed data and people will question it.

All I know is what I can see. I see a correlation between these events and fracking operations in the immediate areas/epicenters of events. I see a regulatory commission placing restrictions on the activities in question.

There have been some legal operations canvassing areas affected by the worst of these events and they may have filed or threatened class-action if something isn't done about it.

:rain:

As of 11 a.m. PT ( 2 p.m. ET) Monday, 6.35 inches of rain have fallen in downtown Los Angeles since Sunday morning. This total puts the city at its fifth-wettest two-day stretch ever recorded.

:rain:

As of 11 a.m. PT ( 2 p.m. ET) Monday, 6.35 inches of rain have fallen in downtown Los Angeles since Sunday morning. This total puts the city at its fifth-wettest two-day stretch ever recorded.

BuT cLiMaTe ChAnGe

"Here are the top five wettest two-day periods in downtown Los Angeles:

1. 7.98 inches, ending January 1, 1934
  2. 7.44 inches, ending January 26, 1956
  3. 6.51 inches, ending December 29, 2004
  4. 6.36 inches, ending March 2, 1938
  5. 6.35 inches, ongoing since yesterday"