Crazy, bitch ass weather

Going from 72 to 28 with wind chill near zero in next 15 hours. Psycho bitch.

It was 70 24 hours ago. 14 right now with -6 wind chill.

Yep.

We had a high of 79° yesterday. A cold front moved through last night so the high today is only supposed to make it to 32° with a 28 mph NNW wind. Tonight's low is supposed to be 14°.
Back up to 40° tomorrow, then 60s and 70s starting Thursday thru the weekend.

V V This is the current surface map showing the cold front headed your way...V V
Yup. 78 yesterday. Feels like 0 and had a little snow go through today.

:rip::rip::rip: to all you "Crazy,bitch ass weather" lovers... :heh:

Late tonight and into tomorrow we're getting the wind swept rain storm fun stuff, though temps will be around 50. AIN'T going anywhere tomorrow! :rain::rain::rain:

:pop2::martini:

71 degrees today and it might snow tonight with a high of 23 tomorrow.

Bonkers.

Going from 72 to 28 with wind chill near zero in next 15 hours. Psycho bitch.

new-girl-witchcraft.gif

Soda Springs, CA:
Thursday
Snow showers, mainly after 8am. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly after 9am. High near 35. Windy, with a southwest wind 29 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 17 to 23 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. Low around 24. Windy, with a southwest wind 30 to 34 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 26 to 32 inches possible.
Friday
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. High near 29. Windy, with a southwest wind 28 to 32 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 19 to 25 inches possible.
Friday Night
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. Low around 19. Windy, with a southwest wind around 39 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 30 to 36 inches possible.
Saturday
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Widespread blowing snow. High near 23. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 16 to 22 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow showers, mainly before 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly before 11pm. Low around 14. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Soda Springs, CA:
Thursday
Snow showers, mainly after 8am. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly after 9am. High near 35. Windy, with a southwest wind 29 to 31 mph, with gusts as high as 47 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 17 to 23 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. Low around 24. Windy, with a southwest wind 30 to 34 mph, with gusts as high as 55 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 26 to 32 inches possible.
Friday
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. High near 29. Windy, with a southwest wind 28 to 32 mph, with gusts as high as 48 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 19 to 25 inches possible.
Friday Night
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow. Low around 19. Windy, with a southwest wind around 39 mph, with gusts as high as 60 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 30 to 36 inches possible.
Saturday
Snow showers. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. Widespread blowing snow. High near 23. Windy. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 16 to 22 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow showers, mainly before 11pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Widespread blowing snow, mainly before 11pm. Low around 14. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.

Remember when everybody in California was gonna die from a drought?

1709165664219.png

Remember when everybody in California was gonna die from a drought?

View attachment 116645
Watching local news in Bay Area. That snow storm in Sierra one of the worst they say since 1970 starting tomorrow. Worst is relative since that is a lot of water. A lot of atmospheric rivers last year but before that like 7 of 8 years drought and no atmospheric rivers except 2018. Up to this point SoCal has got hit the most. First tropical storm in years in August and recent atmospheric river dropped 11 inches in Beverly Hills and near that amount in other areas. One great atmospheric river in the right area solves a lot of water issues.

Was looking at the fires in Texas. Too bad an atmospheric river can’t drop there right now.

Watching local news in Bay Area. That snow storm in Sierra one of the worst they say since 1970 starting tomorrow. Worst is relative since that is a lot of water. A lot of atmospheric rivers last year but before that like 7 of 8 years drought and no atmospheric rivers except 2018. Up to this point SoCal has got hit the most. First tropical storm in years in August and recent atmospheric river dropped 11 inches in Beverly Hills and near that amount in other areas. One great atmospheric river in the right area solves a lot of water issues.

Was looking at the fires in Texas. Too bad an atmospheric river can’t drop there right now.

I could use an atmospheric river to fill up my pond that I had dug 19 months ago. We've been in drought for two years now in eastern Nebraska.
At one point last summer it was considered 'Exceptional Drought'. It's made it's way back up to 'Severe Drought' now, but that's de minimis in the overall situation as it's only added a few inches to the depth.

The 4 acre pond should be 12 - 15 ft deep, but is only about 4ft. The fish hatchery has advised not stocking it and I appreciate their honesty since my order is about $4,000 worth of fish.

I'm tired of waiting for this drought to bust, so I'm gonna go ahead and drop the dough to put a well head on it. That'll be about $15,000, but I won't ever have to worry about the drought issue again.

Soda Springs, CA:
Thursday
Thursday Night
Friday
Friday Night
Saturday
Saturday Night

You in that area? It was my jumping off area to backpack into the Desolation Wilderness back in the 70s.

Just a matter of when.
If it is going to happen, let it happen after this summer. Can sell my late mom's house then on the peninsula after 5/29 which about 10 miles from the San Andreas.

I could use an atmospheric river to fill up my pond that I had dug 19 months ago. We've been in drought for two years now in eastern Nebraska.
At one point last summer it was considered 'Exceptional Drought'. It's made it's way back up to 'Severe Drought' now, but that's de minimis in the overall situation as it's only added a few inches to the depth.

The 4 acre pond should be 12 - 15 ft deep, but is only about 4ft. The fish hatchery has advised not stocking it and I appreciate their honesty since my order is about $4,000 worth of fish.

I'm tired of waiting for this drought to bust, so I'm gonna go ahead and drop the dough to put a well head on it. That'll be about $15,000, but I won't ever have to worry about the drought issue again.
It rained so much in the desert this year, a lake has formed in death valley. People going there to paddle board and kayak. Who would have thunk, water sports in death valley.