Crazy, bitch ass weather

Storms moving this way.
Scattered showers this afternoon probable.

100% chance of rain tonight.
60's for highs the next couple of days.
If it were warmer, these would be tornadoes for sure.

1712681221161.png

Windy as hell. Something up north is sucking a lot of wind. This is not a good sign. When it's this windy with whatever is sucking it north, it's coming back. When that happens, it's never a good thing. The stronger the wind, the worse it is when it comes back. Think I'll batten down the few hatches I need to, and hunker down and wait for it.

Storms moving this way.
Scattered showers this afternoon probable.

100% chance of rain tonight.
60's for highs the next couple of days.
If it were warmer, these would be tornadoes for sure.

View attachment 118418
So, this is what's sucking all the wind. I knew nothing good was coming out of it. Hopefully it peters out before it gets down here.

Windy as hell. Something up north is sucking a lot of wind. This is not a good sign. When it's this windy with whatever is sucking it north, it's coming back. When that happens, it's never a good thing. The stronger the wind, the worse it is when it comes back. Think I'll batten down the few hatches I need to, and hunker down and wait for it.
Good move. Hope you and @Bayou Tiger are OK. Just saw some naders down there.

Good move. Hope you and @Bayou Tiger are OK. Just saw some naders down there.
It got bad early this morning. Lost electricity about 8am and didn't get it back till late this evening. It was still hot so I went up to the Reservation for some AC and a little poker. Along the way, I saw a lot of damage. This little town just lost power with very little damage. Sun was shinning about noon and the little front came thru and cooled down a little. This the time of year for such things That and early fall.

90 degrees today
High 50s here with some showers coming late afternoon & tonight.

Tomorrow looks to be in 60s & sunny, which the Boston Marathon runners will be liking tomorrow, which is Patriot's Day (not football - :rolleyes2:) in Massachusetts.

ALL the Boston people (young & old) are already down here in Newport RI for their 3 day weekend. :drink: :drink:

Last edited:
85° and sunny today. Still drier than a popcorn fart.

That 85° will get the wild asparagus popping soon, but we're gonna need some good spring rains to get the morel mushrooms going.

Next chance for T-storms are Monday night into Tuesday. 🤞

Insane winds near me yesterday. Lots of branches and sticks on the ground. Told my three kids that I would give them $5 each for 15 minutes of picking up sticks. Thinking that would pretty much take care of yours. All three responded at $5 is not that much. So now they're all doing it for free

Insane winds near me yesterday. Lots of branches and sticks on the ground. Told my three kids that I would give them $5 each for 15 minutes of picking up sticks. Thinking that would pretty much take care of yours. All three responded at $5 is not that much. So now they're all doing it for free

My old place had two apple trees and two pear trees.

When my kids were little I told them I'd give them $5 (per full 5 gallon bucket) to pick up what dropped on the ground.

That was all fine and dandy when the apples and pears were the size of ping pong balls. However, when the fruit got the size of tennis balls they were cleaning me out. LOL

Some MUCH NEEDED rain forecast for later this evening through tomorrow morning.

High winds, 2- 3" hail, and a slight risk of tornadoes in some of these T-storms, but we sure need the drink.

1713210488858.png

1713210511490.png

Serious situation. Take shelter in West O.

Turn on Ranby (Ch 7) he's got good coverage.

Looks like Elkhorn/Valley areas getting it.
Fuck me that big ass tornado on the ground in populated areas.