DeBoer Replaces Saban

Something I am hearing across social media from UW fans is that they want someone with strong ties to the program. I get after something like this happens it might seem like that's the smart way out, but I'd stress going to get someone who can win football games instead. Yeah, they might bail, but once you got the wins you got'em. View it like a transactional relationship, you give them something and they give you something vs a marriage or long term commitment.
The problem for UW is they don't really have any "top" coaches out there that have ties to the program. I mean Marques Tuiasosopo?

UW is very quiet with their search at the moment which tells me they are either totally zoned in on one guy that they are set to hire, or they are still trying to gather their composure from getting their bell rung by DeBoer's departure.

There isn't any big name coaches out there that I could see leaving to go to UW. It's so late in the recruiting cycle, most coaches are probably settled in with their current teams. Maybe they look to the NFL?
The only news that has come out with any level of certainty was that they had 3 candidates, they had just one interview left and that was supposed to be late last night, and they expect to have a decision within 24-48 hours (as of last night) and a news presser on Tue morning.

None of the usual insiders are naming names.

Not sure if Grubb was one of the 3 and already told he didn't make it or not.

The only news that has come out with any level of certainty was that they had 3 candidates, they had just one interview left and that was supposed to be late last night, and they expect to have a decision within 24-48 hours (as of last night) and a news presser on Tue morning.

None of the usual insiders are naming names.

Not sure if Grubb was one of the 3 and already told he didn't make it or not.
From the bits and pieces I have heard, which is absolutely zero reliability the 3 names I would figure to be are;
-Fisch
-Pete Caroll (I'd imagine this would be a very short term plan to set up for a long term plan, and would he leave his new Seahawks office role?)
-Wilcox

Something I am hearing across social media from UW fans is that they want someone with strong ties to the program. I get after something like this happens it might seem like that's the smart way out, but I'd stress going to get someone who can win football games instead. Yeah, they might bail, but once you got the wins you got'em. View it like a transactional relationship, you give them something and they give you something vs a marriage or long term commitment.
Again, don't pay much attention to fans on SM lol. Dannon only became AD mid season after Cohen left for USC so he has not deep ties to our school as it is.

I doubt the school would panic the same as some of the fans have. They understand this was a one off situation. Bama jobs don't come up every year.

Again, don't pay much attention to fans on SM lol. Dannon only became AD mid season after Cohen left for USC so he has not deep ties to our school as it is.

I doubt the school would panic the same as some of the fans have. They understand this was a one off situation. Bama jobs don't come up every year.
y'all should just hire Korn Ferry or whatever that firm is that vets coaches

From the bits and pieces I have heard, which is absolutely zero reliability the 3 names I would figure to be are;
-Fisch
-Pete Caroll (I'd imagine this would be a very short term plan to set up for a long term plan, and would he leave his new Seahawks office role?)
-Wilcox
Zona fans started losing their minds about Fisch even before DeBoer was named at Bama and have been non stop online since. They get the value proposition.
Carroll was an immediate reaction pick for lots of our fans. I'm not sure at 72 he's looking to go back on the never ending college recruiting trail, but he's a different dude.
I haven't heard anyone say Wilcox is on the list.

Zona fans started losing their minds about Fisch even before DeBoer was named at Bama and have been non stop online since. They get the value proposition.
Carroll was an immediate reaction pick for lots of our fans. I'm not sure at 72 he's looking to go back on the never ending college recruiting trail, but he's a different dude.
I haven't heard anyone say Wilcox is on the list.
IMO, Carroll, if you can convince him, makes the most sense. It's late in the recruiting process, we are a month away from programs shifting gears to spring workouts. If UW can convince him to leave his new job at the Seahawks, they should get him to be a placeholder for a year. He could keep whatever recruits you have left, I am sure he could put together a competent staff to recruit guys and he himself could recruit guys, and then this gives UW time to find a long term coach starting next year.

And since Pete would be giving up his future with the Seahawks in that front office role, maybe UW offers him something within their athletic department, which then can be sold to the players he goes out and recruits now, that he will remain around the program and maybe even have insight on who the next coach will be.

IMO, Carroll, if you can convince him, makes the most sense. It's late in the recruiting process, we are a month away from programs shifting gears to spring workouts. If UW can convince him to leave his new job at the Seahawks, they should get him to be a placeholder for a year. He could keep whatever recruits you have left, I am sure he could put together a competent staff to recruit guys and he himself could recruit guys, and then this gives UW time to find a long term coach starting next year.

And since Pete would be giving up his future with the Seahawks in that front office role, maybe UW offers him something within their athletic department, which then can be sold to the players he goes out and recruits now, that he will remain around the program and maybe even have insight on who the next coach will be.
I wouldn't hate Carroll, just not sure he'd be into it. He spoke quite a bit about being able to have time with his grandkids and whatnot. He might not want to just jump right into an even more demanding job than he just left.

The team would be well down next year if they bring in Carroll as there aren't enough pieces in the portal to build a team out of and he doesn't have kids he can bring with them. Fisch at least has kids. So does Smith or Leipold etc.

Nothing is ideal.

sorry man..i'm still grumpy that i was without internet and cable for almost 2 days cause of some dumb rodent a street away chewing up a fiber cable or some shit.. Now I gotta code tomorrow to make up for Friday :(

I need a snickers
Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

I wouldn't hate Carroll, just not sure he'd be into it. He spoke quite a bit about being able to have time with his grandkids and whatnot. He might not want to just jump right into an even more demanding job than he just left.

The team would be well down next year if they bring in Carroll as there aren't enough pieces in the portal to build a team out of and he doesn't have kids he can bring with them. Fisch at least has kids. So does Smith or Leipold etc.

Nothing is ideal.
What's your fanbases thoughts on the Seahawks OC? Or someone within the Seahawks staff now that they could easily slide over to UW?

What's your fanbases thoughts on the Seahawks OC? Or someone within the Seahawks staff now that they could easily slide over to UW?
They are only talking about Carroll.

Shane Waldron is interviewing with the Bears. He has a mixed record as OC, but most of our fans aren't overly high on him. I believe this was his first stop as an OC and he has no HC experience. I can't see the team even entertaining it.

Hey! We didn't can Ray Perkins. He left for the Bucs. Not such a hot decision either. He ended up with a .357 win % in the NFL.

He had had some shitty seasons at Alabama too and bailed when he got us to double digit wins. I don't really blame him, but to go to the Bucs back then? Suicide mission.
While he didn't leave Bama for the Dolphins, Saban's NFL record was .468 win %. (9-7 in '05, 6-10 in '06). Not a hell of a lot better than Perkins.

They are only talking about Carroll.

Shane Waldron is interviewing with the Bears. He has a mixed record as OC, but most of our fans aren't overly high on him. I believe this was his first stop as an OC and he has no HC experience. I can't see the team even entertaining it.
I think Fisch is their top target and if that doesn't work out, I wonder if the NFL is the best road to try. There may be some OC's or DC's out there that want to try out college, although these days I think as a coach CFB is far harder to coach and work than NFL.

I think Fisch is their top target and if that doesn't work out, I wonder if the NFL is the best road to try. There may be some OC's or DC's out there that want to try out college, although these days I think as a coach CFB is far harder to coach and work than NFL.

If it’s not Fisch, for whatever reason, it will be Leipold or Campbell