DeBoer Replaces Saban

Only fools come after Michigan State coaches. It’s like Detroit Lions HCs. Once we are done with them everyone has realized they were worthless

Every Michigan State coach other than Dantonio has been a failure here.
My bad. I thought you were talking about teams that would want to come after your coach. In retrospect, I think several would have liked to come after Saban. But you are right. He didn't really set the world on fire while at Sparty either.

Sounds like Jedd Fisch is the leading candidate at the moment. He is the #1 target at the moment but not a done deal.

Michael Jordan Shrug GIF by The Ringer

Fisch would/will take it, Arizona has no money and his name is red hot right now. If he doesn't take it now he won't get a better opportunity down the road as I think this was a one year wonder for him.

Fisch would/will take it, Arizona has no money and his name is red hot right now. If he doesn't take it now he won't get a better opportunity down the road as I think this was a one year wonder for him.

Considering the entire university could go broke, that's the truth. He'd be a fool not to bail for this job.

They offered DeBoer 9.2m/yr. There wasn't a lack of effort from school brass. He left because it was the ultimate college job and he was the hot coach of the moment. They would have paid him at the level of a top blue blood coach.

As for SC? Clearly you don't get the advantage of being a private school.

Whoever we tap today will be the highest paid state employee. That comes with all sorts of complications.
Yeah they offered him, I’m not saying they didn’t.

But your fan base can’t talk about loyalty and wanting someone who bleeds purple and gold when someone who did took off. Is there an advantage of being a private school, sure, but that’s on your alums to negate that advantage. Stanford is private and UW easily eclipses them in football

The last part I truly don’t know anything about. What complications does it have? For the longest time UW’s football coach and Mike Leach were the highest paid public employees. But that part I have never paid attention to.

So is Fisch the target for being a good coach or trying to get the Arizona team to come with him?

Uh, we don't know who they asked to interview or offered. If that's true though, Lanning needs to up his business game. He's the only one of the names that came up that didn't get a juicy extension (or offered one, in DeBoer's case).
Last year when they restructured he is set, His stock options are 40M now.

My bad. I thought you were talking about teams that would want to come after your coach. In retrospect, I think several would have liked to come after Saban. But you are right. He didn't really set the world on fire while at Sparty either.
Definitely not top 5 head coach money.

Saban defintiely struggled (up and down games) in his first few years at Mich. State, but they still manged to finish .500 or above each year. Heck, I saw Sparty (w/ Saban) lose to Stanford (w/ Ty Wllingham) 38-0 in the 1996 Sun Bowl and lose @ Northwestern 19-17 in 1997. However, he was accumulating talent (slower than at LSU or Alabama), and he had a GREAT team in 1999 (which I saw play @ Northwestern and win 34-0) with 11 future NFL players including Plaxico Burress, Robaire Smith and T.J. Duckett. I think he could have won a National Title at MSU if he would have stayed just like he did at LSU and Alabama.

Off to a good start

"His dad has now revealed that Alabama reached out to them despite Noah NEVER..."

That's a problem because you have a witness collaborating the contact.