EPL 2022/2023

Well LFC with a needed win in London and luckily got it. Still don’t control their fate for Europa (BHA) but that horridly tough schedule Brighton has left (United, @Arsenal, @Newcastle, City, @Villa) should help ease them out. LFC needs a win Sunday vs Spurs to push them further down.
Saved by VAR again.

Spurs trying to close down a deal for Naglesmann.

That seems to be everyone's #1 choice and is mine too. If for whatever reason we can't land him, then I want to throw everything we have at De Zerbi. The guy has turned Brighton into the best team in possession in the league.
I think Nagelsmann is the right move. He seems to want to attack and with Son, that’s what I’d do. De Zerbi is going to take a hit here with Brightons schedule down the stretch. It’s brutal.

I think Nagelsmann is the right move. He seems to want to attack and with Son, that’s what I’d do. De Zerbi is going to take a hit here with Brightons schedule down the stretch. It’s brutal.

He's the guy I want. Spurs wanted to take a run at him a few years back but Bayern beat em to the punch. I think Spurs are the right club size for his style too.

The big roster question is Kane. Sell him and you can raise cash to pick up some real quality to fill gaps that need to be fixed. Keep him, and you get to keep your greatest player ever for another season...and that's not such a bad thing either.

A Spurs/United draw would be preferable. Even though I’d never refuse United getting beat the hell down.

A Spurs/United draw would be preferable. Even though I’d never refuse United getting beat the hell down.

Will need United to gift 3 own goals for that to happen

He's the guy I want. Spurs wanted to take a run at him a few years back but Bayern beat em to the punch. I think Spurs are the right club size for his style too.

The big roster question is Kane. Sell him and you can raise cash to pick up some real quality to fill gaps that need to be fixed. Keep him, and you get to keep your greatest player ever for another season...and that's not such a bad thing either.
Only problem with Nagelsmann his system he prefers a strikerless system. That doesn’t and didn’t work at Bayern this year and the second half of last year where he and Lewandowski did not mesh and had a falling out. Lewandowski for whatever reason disappeared in 2nd half last year. The Villarreal games were pretty much the end of Lewandowski and Nagelsmann. This year Bayern played their best when Chopo Moting was forced into the lineup due to injury and that is when Bayern had their best form. So I wonder how Kane and Nagelsmann get along?Nagelsmann constantly changes formation too. Prefers a back 3 and wingbacks instead of true wingers. For whatever it just never meshed at Bayern. It did at Leipzig and Hoffenheim before that.

How about 2 and a tie. :)
Finally showed some fight! Small step, but at least it was in the right direction.

Only problem with Nagelsmann his system he prefers a strikerless system. That doesn’t and didn’t work at Bayern this year and the second half of last year where he and Lewandowski did not mesh and had a falling out. Lewandowski for whatever reason disappeared in 2nd half last year. The Villarreal games were pretty much the end of Lewandowski and Nagelsmann. This year Bayern played their best when Chopo Moting was forced into the lineup due to injury and that is when Bayern had their best form. So I wonder how Kane and Nagelsmann get along?Nagelsmann constantly changes formation too. Prefers a back 3 and wingbacks instead of true wingers. For whatever it just never meshed at Bayern. It did at Leipzig and Hoffenheim before that.
Kane is pretty malleable. There's an argument that he's at his best when he falls deep and is used as a 10 to distribute the ball. Should he stay, I don't think any manager Spurs bring in will be too concerned with how he will fit in their system.

Back 3 actually suits Spurs well too. That's what our roster is set up for since that's what Conte always used.

With Leicester and Everton possibly getting relegated, Spurs should go in for Pickford and Madison in the summer. Will quickly solve their issues with creative midfield and goalkeeping successor to Lloris.

Finally showed some fight! Small step, but at least it was in the right direction.

Kane is pretty malleable. There's an argument that he's at his best when he falls deep and is used as a 10 to distribute the ball. Should he stay, I don't think any manager Spurs bring in will be too concerned with how he will fit in their system.

Back 3 actually suits Spurs well too. That's what our roster is set up for since that's what Conte always used.

With Leicester and Everton possibly getting relegated, Spurs should go in for Pickford and Madison in the summer. Will quickly solve their issues with creative midfield and goalkeeping successor to Lloris.
Makes sense. Lewandowski has a huge ego which was a problem. A couple years ago he lost goal scoring title to Aubamayang at Dortmund on the last day and blamed his teammates.

Makes sense. Lewandowski has a huge ego which was a problem. A couple years ago he lost goal scoring title to Aubamayang at Dortmund on the last day and blamed his teammates.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

2-0 LFC 5 minutes in

We’ll blow this. Need 2 more to feel semi safe. Our D is just as bad.

Thee Anfield Choke

To be fair, spurs should probably be winning this by about 3 goals.

Thee Anfield Choke

Still after today it is really going to be tough to unseat anyone in Top 4. Newcastle win 2 lose 3, they are in with that goal differential probably. Man U 3 and 3 is good enough. And that is if Liverpool goes 5 and 0.

On the other end, Bournemouth safe now probably. Leeds in huge trouble. That is the team Everton could pass, same with Leicester. Them and Forest. Everton has never been relegated.

Still after today it is really going to be tough to unseat anyone in Top 4. Newcastle win 2 lose 3, they are in with that goal differential probably. Man U 3 and 3 is good enough. And that is if Liverpool goes 5 and 0.

On the other end, Bournemouth safe now probably. Leeds in huge trouble. That is the team Everton could pass, same with Leicester. Them and Forest. Everton has never been relegated.
Ohh yeah, top 4 is a pipe dream now. Hell even Brighton still control their own destiny to get to #5 but it’ll be damn tough with that brutal slate. Honestly, LFC really doesn’t deserve playing in Europe this year but pill always take it.

Im torn between Everton, because of my dislike (only second to United) of them but I honestly feel awful for their loyal fans and wonder would they come right back up. On the other end it’d be funny as hell. Leicester/Everton tomorrow, the foxes win or draw forest right back in the drop zone. West Ham not safe ether. But still have a game in hand.

I was listening on TalkSport to Arsenal vs Chelsea game. They said Frank Lampard has gone 15 straight games coaching without a win. Make it 16 now. WOW! Can't even luck into a win.

Ohh yeah, top 4 is a pipe dream now. Hell even Brighton still control their own destiny to get to #5 but it’ll be damn tough with that brutal slate. Honestly, LFC really doesn’t deserve playing in Europe this year but pill always take it.

Im torn between Everton, because of my dislike (only second to United) of them but I honestly feel awful for their loyal fans and wonder would they come right back up. On the other end it’d be funny as hell. Leicester/Everton tomorrow, the foxes win or draw forest right back in the drop zone. West Ham not safe ether. But still have a game in hand.
Sadly that game in hand is Man City, today.

Sadly that game in hand is Man City, today.
Yeah they lost but Leicester vs Everton draw really helped West Ham. Leeds must be really be desparate. Bringing in Big Sam for the last 4 games lol.

All that matters is those last two games vs Leeds and Leiceister. Brentford could be a win too since it seems they have packed it in for the season.

Looking at schedules for the bottom feeders: West Ham, Leeds, Leicester, Everton, Forest:

Leeds by far the worst shedule. Brutal.
Everton not too bad but City left.
Forest pretty easy if you include Chelsea (lol) but there is Arsenal.
Leicester two really tough games and that West Ham game.
West Ham has Man U this weekend and the rest are winnable. Even Man U beatable.

Also West Ham and Leicester have the goal differential benefit so that is really an extra point. So actually West Ham is 5 points up on everyone but Leicester and Leicester 1 point up on the others. Even ties at this point would help West Ham. Just one point would require the others to win 2 out of 4. That is a hard ask for the others. We'll see.

2-0 LFC 5 minutes in

We’ll blow this. Need 2 more to feel semi safe. Our D is just as bad.
Man, prophetic.

Thee Anfield Choke

I left and turned it off at half time to go play a terrible round of golf. I was pretty convinced Spurs would lay down like they did vs Newcastle. I had to watch the replay afterwards to see how in the world they managed to tie things up only to give the lead right back 90 seconds later. Really impressive stuff to snatch a loss at the death like that.