Fantasy CFB

I fucked up. Kids sleepover last night and everyone is supposed to be picked up or dropped off by 10AM. Here this morning I go to check on things and realize time zones are a thing so I'm going to be iffy. I think I have it set up where this isn't going to be a total disaster (and considering how I normally draft I can't make it any worse) but oops.

Oh well. I'll do what I can from my phone

I almost missed my first 2 picks lol

How does everyone rank their draft?

Me I did alright. As mentioned I had family stuff come up but the kids and their friends were distracted by video games and donuts so I was able to pay attention.

My first round with pick 5 I was 100% going to take Zach Evans but O'Connell from Purdue was still there and it floored me that the best available QB was still around. I should have taken Evans but I just couldn't pass up the top available points pick. It caused me to panic in the 2nd round about depth at running back and I took a transfer from ATM who will split carries-hopefully he pans out but I needed a running back and probably should have gone elite WR and tried to find running back depth later. I got lucky and found Josh Downs next. I had him last year on a team and he's a solid no 1 at the position. His potential stats are depressed because he had a guy with first round potential throwing him the ball a year ago but with his production I was happy to find a clear no one guy at that point.

In later rounds the highlights were I have backup QB's that will be solid as spot starters. The kid from Baylor is the real deal and a potential keeper and JT Daniel's with the WVU offense works when he is called in to service. The downside is running backs beyond Allen are a question mark. I feel like I should have gone Evans no 1 and found a Cameron Rising type player to start at QB because there were so many options but that's what the waiver wire is for. Half my roster will be gone in 6 weeks and by Thanksgiving I'll either be laughing at my dominance or finding a RS Freshman that is going to be a keeper.

Good luck everyone this season except for the guy that took Oklahoma States defense as a keeper. That was my round 15 move and although I hope you are correct and they dominate hopefully my strategy of using the position as a spot starter against opponents that should be dominated is slightly less efficient but more productive from a fantasy perspective.

How does everyone rank their draft?

Me I did alright. As mentioned I had family stuff come up but the kids and their friends were distracted by video games and donuts so I was able to pay attention.

My first round with pick 5 I was 100% going to take Zach Evans but O'Connell from Purdue was still there and it floored me that the best available QB was still around. I should have taken Evans but I just couldn't pass up the top available points pick. It caused me to panic in the 2nd round about depth at running back and I took a transfer from ATM who will split carries-hopefully he pans out but I needed a running back and probably should have gone elite WR and tried to find running back depth later. I got lucky and found Josh Downs next. I had him last year on a team and he's a solid no 1 at the position. His potential stats are depressed because he had a guy with first round potential throwing him the ball a year ago but with his production I was happy to find a clear no one guy at that point.

In later rounds the highlights were I have backup QB's that will be solid as spot starters. The kid from Baylor is the real deal and a potential keeper and JT Daniel's with the WVU offense works when he is called in to service. The downside is running backs beyond Allen are a question mark. I feel like I should have gone Evans no 1 and found a Cameron Rising type player to start at QB because there were so many options but that's what the waiver wire is for. Half my roster will be gone in 6 weeks and by Thanksgiving I'll either be laughing at my dominance or finding a RS Freshman that is going to be a keeper.

Good luck everyone this season except for the guy that took Oklahoma States defense as a keeper. That was my round 15 move and although I hope you are correct and they dominate hopefully my strategy of using the position as a spot starter against opponents that should be dominated is slightly less efficient but more productive from a fantasy perspective.
I went into the draft pretty much unprepared. I logged on with a minute to spare so I had to scramble for my first two picks. AR-15 and Corum. I got two guys that play for football programs I despise. Other than that, I think I did ok overall. For me to have success again I need one QB to be great out of the Clemson freshman QB, AR-15 and Bennett. I like my RB’s. WR’s kind of an unknown at spots. We will see. Good luck to you

I went in with WR Jermaine Burton, WR Jordan Addison and QB Jordan Travis.

Hardest pick: 2nd round WR Marvin Harrison Jr. right after Zach Evans was sniped before me. Somewhat of a gut feeling pick because of the upside Harrison could bring but already having 2 WRs maybe it was time to grab a RB. For a moment I felt some regret with the pick but later in the draft was able to get some solid RBs.

Favorite pick
: Getting Texas's starting QB Quinn Ewers in the 7th + Hudson Card 13th.

Crazy we’ve had this league since 2015.

Past League Champions
2015 - Cleveland Manginas
2016 - Cowboys Indians
2017 - EricD
2018 - EricD
2019 - Steelerspride
2020 - All Praise Urban Meyer
2021 - Cleveland Manginas

Crazy we’ve had this league since 2015.

Past League Champions
2015 - Cleveland Manginas
2016 - Cowboys Indians
2017 - EricD
2018 - EricD
2019 - Steelerspride
2020 - All Praise Urban Meyer
2021 - Cleveland Manginas

We did a league in 2020? I don't even remember doing it.

I guess so. Looked up history. I know I had 2-3 down years where I missed the draft. It was bad lol

Maybe I didn't do it that year then? Lol. I know I played steelerspride in the title game in 2019. Had a good 3 year stretch. I think the first 2 years I was pretty bad though. Lol

Apparently my last pick up of Penix for Washington QB was a stretch since he hadnt even been named starter til today
What’s the deal with Nix? I thought about snagging him late, but was already at my QB limit.

For whatever it’s worth, I’ve had both Penix and Nix in previous years, neither produced.

What’s the deal with Nix? I thought about snagging him late, but was already at my QB limit.

For whatever it’s worth, I’ve had both Penix and Nix in previous years, neither produced.
I think Nix will be a solid QB for Oregon and will win them games but as far fantasy, I don't think he's has much of a high ceiling.
At least with Penix you have a better chance to get some points from his rushing ability

Last i saw he still hasnt been named QB1 so not sure. I was hesitant on oregon RB too because not sure how it will go with all the transfers in

I think Nix will be a solid QB for Oregon and will win them games but as far fantasy, I don't think he's has much of a high ceiling.
At least with Penix you have a better chance to get some points from his rushing ability
Like i said play penix in weak games see how that goes then wait to see how he does against the likes of michigan state, stanford, ucla then maybe throw him in against asu, az cal

Also hard to know since both are in new schools with new coaches and new systems in a new league

Back