Fields sucks...a thread for his apologists.

Buckeye fans and DJ are battling reality on this one.

Baker Mayfield has to got the chance to start for three teams after the one that drafted him moved on. Fields isn’t going to get that.

To me, he lacks what a lot of young QBs lack, including Love, is anticipation. He can't anticipate a receiver breaking open and only throws after the receiver is open. Then, he has to make his reads again. Too late. Some QBs never make the jump.

To me, he lacks what a lot of young QBs lack, including Love, is anticipation. He can't anticipate a receiver breaking open and only throws after the receiver is open. Then, he has to make his reads again. Too late. Some QBs never make the jump.
Exactly. He didn't need to wait for receivers to be open 95% of the time in college. They were just open.

He knows he can run, which often limits his patience to let the WRs get open. Good QBs can turn bad receivers into passable ones and good receivers into greats. Fields and Love are just too concerned with not screwing up, that they limit their own potential.

GMs just refuse to learn the lesson that running QBs can’t succeed in the NFL. The allure of putting butts in seats and selling jerseys as though your guy is going to be the next Michael Vick, is always there. But it limits the playbook, defenses can absolutely studying film and learn to contain, and if that guy ever gets injured, the roster and playbook built around that guy are largely wasted.

He knows he can run, which often limits his patience to let the WRs get open. Good QBs can turn bad receivers into passable ones and good receivers into greats. Fields and Love are just too concerned with not screwing up, that they limit their own potential.

GMs just refuse to learn the lesson that running QBs can’t succeed in the NFL. The allure of putting butts in seats and selling jerseys as though your guy is going to be the next Michael Vick, is always there. But it limits the playbook, defenses can absolutely studying film and learn to contain, and if that guy ever gets injured, the roster and playbook built around that guy are largely wasted.
If you look at the video, the ball should have been out of his hand at the :09 mark. The safety is the key to that pattern. No anticipation. You have to throw the ball as the river is breaking open, not when he is open.

If you look at the video, the ball should have been out of his hand at the :09 mark. The safety is the key to that pattern. No anticipation. You have to throw the ball as the river is breaking open, not when he is open.
*receiver

Maybe it’s a basic offense for a reason.
Because it kind of always has been, with the brief exception of Tressel, or Tuesdale, or Tsomethingfucksheadstick and Jay Cutler. I have been able to predict bears offensive plays, presnap, at about a 75% clip for decades. The entire organization is trash, and thank God they didn't get the chance to destroy Patrick Mahomes.

No one will be good in this offense.
Getsy and Flus can choke on my dick, but damn dude, for such shitty playcalling, there are dudes running fucking free EVERYWHERE. He has missed at least 3 surefire TDs this year, and God only knows how many wide open downfield throws.

I'm done. I like the kid. I wanted him to be this new age Vick on crack, that was gonna be the future prototype en shit, but goddamn dude, he is terrible. Trubisky never looked so bad. And honestly, I've said it from day one...he is unsure. He is SLOW. For a guy that is the fastest dude on the field, he looks like he's drenched in honey when passing. Drop back, wind up...even the goddamn ball seems slow getting there!?

Now, to be fair, our d-line, last year, and apparently this year too, is as bad as any I've seen in the Bears history. They are 300 lb men playing fucking patty cake. It is god-fucking-awful. But Fields is shit.

12 straight losses, dating back to Oct. 24, 2022. They are the only team to give up 25+ points in every one of those games.

I'm ornery. It bugs.

Getsy and Flus can choke on my dick, but damn dude, for such shitty playcalling, there are dudes running fucking free EVERYWHERE. He has missed at least 3 surefire TDs this year, and God only knows how many wide open downfield throws.

I'm done. I like the kid. I wanted him to be this new age Vick on crack, that was gonna be the future prototype en shit, but goddamn dude, he is terrible. Trubisky never looked so bad. And honestly, I've said it from day one...he is unsure. He is SLOW. For a guy that is the fastest dude on the field, he looks like he's drenched in honey when passing. Drop back, wind up...even the goddamn ball seems slow getting there!?

Now, to be fair, our d-line, last year, and apparently this year too, is as bad as any I've seen in the Bears history. They are 300 lb men playing fucking patty cake. It is god-fucking-awful. But Fields is shit.

12 straight losses, dating back to Oct. 24, 2022. They are the only team to give up 25+ points in every one of those games.

I'm ornery. It bugs.
At the risk be being accused of felating Fields, we've had 20+ points in 6 of those 12 losses too. He gets slammed for his W/L record but fucking hell, even when he's putting points on the board it doesn't matter.

I'm aware he's got a long ways to go, but they've got to get him using his legs again if they plan on getting anything out of him. Even if they want to move on, I'm sure they'd like to at least be able to trade him somewhere for something, and if they just keep running this peewee league offense without utilizing his strengths, they're gonna be left with nothing.

At the risk be being accused of felating Fields, we've had 20+ points in 6 of those 12 losses too. He gets slammed for his W/L record but fucking hell, even when he's putting points on the board it doesn't matter.

I'm aware he's got a long ways to go, but they've got to get him using his legs again if they plan on getting anything out of him. Even if they want to move on, I'm sure they'd like to at least be able to trade him somewhere for something, and if they just keep running this peewee league offense without utilizing his strengths, they're gonna be left with nothing.
Ya, the D-line is godawful.

His running skills are elite, but it's just not sustainable in the NFL. Nobody is gonna mortgage the farm on a running QB. If they want any value out of him, be it on the field and/or in a trade, he needs to get better passing from the pocket. Everyone already knows what he can do with his legs.

Unfortunately, it's starting to appear like we know what he can and can't do in the passing game as well.

I actually hope they don't let him run. All that does is provide false hope,

Ya, the D-line is godawful.

His running skills are elite, but it's just not sustainable in the NFL. Nobody is gonna mortgage the farm on a running QB. If they want any value out of him, be it on the field and/or in a trade, he needs to get better passing from the pocket. Everyone already knows what he can do with his legs.

Unfortunately, it's starting to appear like we know what he can and can't do in the passing game as well.

I actually hope they don't let him run. All that does is provide false hope,
What do you define as a "running QB"? Lamar Jackson and Daniel Jones both just got big second contracts, and I'd definitely call both of them running QBs. Hell, Vick got two massive contracts in his career. If you don't let him run, then there's no reason to even keep him. You can't just take away one of his biggest strengths. He looks significantly worse this year than he did last year passing, but that's because he's being forced into being a full-time pocket passer which he never will be.

I'm ornery. It bugs.
What if I told you, Chicago could get Nagy and Trubiskey back? It might take an 8th round draft pick, and maybe some Arby's gift certificates, but we can get it done.