First time playing fantasy football in like 12 years. Any pointers?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,650.00
14 team ppr league. I’m not sure the roster makeup. I draft 12th.

Any pointers about who to draft first?

Back when I played, the first round was mostly for running backs, but with ppr, I’m guessing you go receiver or a running back that’s a threat in the pass game?

League champ gets 2k, so I’m gonna take it seriously

Gonna be an in person draft on a Saturday night at my friend’s house after a day of smoking ribs and getting hammered. 90% chance I only draft former UGA players

"set it and forget it"

Recommendation: Target AJ Dillon with your 4th round pick. His average draft position is about 53rd right now. He's going to get a lot of touches this year and be worth a lot more than 53rd overall when the dust settles on the season.

Back when I played, the first round was mostly for running backs, but with ppr, I’m guessing you go receiver or a running back that’s a threat in the pass game?

Aaron Rodgers sucks and will cost you a championship if he is your QB

Pro or college? I got nothing if you’re talking pro football.

Team structure is

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
Flex
D/ST
K

And 7 bench spots.

Can we do prop bets on how many former UGA players Chewy ends up with? Assuming a 16 man roster...I'm going to say the O/U starts at 5, defense not included unless drafting players.

waaaaaaaay too early to be doing any kind of fantasy drafting IMO...don't even know who has made the teams yet

waaaaaaaay too early to be doing any kind of fantasy drafting IMO...don't even know who has made the teams yet
more importantly who is injured. Anyone not on a team right now you likely don't want.

Reactions: ill
more importantly who is injured. Anyone not on a team right now you likely don't want.
last time we did a live in person draft, I think someone drafted a QB then looked at the TV and saw he literally just got injured in camp.

I feel like that happens a lot.

last time we did a live in person draft, I think someone drafted a QB then looked at the TV and saw he literally just got injured in camp.

I feel like that happens a lot.
We rush ours in during the week prior to the last preseason game, most of the top picks won't play in that one so we feel safe. Always a gamble though.

Reactions: ill
Draft is the 27th.

Last time I played fantasy football, ESPN leagues didn’t do decimals. 99 rushing yards got you 9 points. Lost an important matchup because Deshaun Foster was one rushing yard and two receiving yards shy of getting another point