First time playing fantasy football in like 12 years. Any pointers?

I do try to spread out bye weeks when I draft, but honestly at the back of the bench it shouldn't matter, unless the league really restricts add/drop action.
I never look at bye weeks when I draft

I also never win

Technically it’s very very close. But they are all interchangeable. I don’t draft def or kickers. I’m also fluid in that week to week.
I guess it depends on how scoring is set up. I play in two 1/2 point PPR's and usually the QB and WR's are the top point producers week in and week out. I will normally not worry about KR and D on my team, steam hot player & best match up most weeks. Those are the two later picks after QB, RB & WR roster is filled.

Technically it’s very very close. But they are all interchangeable. I don’t draft def or kickers. I’m also fluid in that week to week.
This is a solid strategy I’ve used for years. Load up on all other players and figure out who to stream at kicker and D weekly.

Team structure is

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
TE
Flex
D/ST
K

And 7 bench spots.
Load your roster with RBs and WRs, wait on getting a QB, and draft the rest at the end of the draft.
Also be a homer and pick your favorite players, fantasy is more fun that way

Load your roster with RBs and WRs, wait on getting a QB, and draft the rest at the end of the draft.
Also be a homer and pick your favorite players, fantasy is more fun that way
There is no way I support throwing TEs in with Ks and Def at the end of the draft.

Chewy is sitting at 12, so his third and fourth rounders are definitely spots to eye a top TE.

I don’t recommend being the first guy to go for the position. But if you can be the second or third to take a TE off the board, you’re going to gain an advantage at the spot on the roster over most of the league.

There are only nine guys a week who score you points in this setup. You can’t just try and stream 1/3 of your starting lineup weekly.

14 team ppr league. I’m not sure the roster makeup. I draft 12th.

Any pointers about who to draft first?

Back when I played, the first round was mostly for running backs, but with ppr, I’m guessing you go receiver or a running back that’s a threat in the pass game?

League champ gets 2k, so I’m gonna take it seriously
@Illustrious Potentate when is your draft?

Since you are drafting 12th I would consider RB or WR. Really just depends who is OTB. The safe bet is RB-WR combo with first 2 picks

Draft is Saturday. In person.
Good luck man. Unless you have a crazy point system, I wouldn't go QB or TE this year with the first two picks at your spot. You can get a top RB and top WR.

I actually love your spot in a 14th teamer. I would prefer 14 but 12-14 is great imo. I hate picking 1st. If I pick early I would rather pick 2-4.

If we are going off pure rankings for 12 and 17. It's Diggs and Hill. I would go RB-WR personally.

Maybe Kamara slips to 12 or 17. He isn't a risky bet anymore, his suspension will get pushed into the 2023-2024 season.

Good luck man. Unless you have a crazy point system, I wouldn't go QB or TE this year with the first two picks at your spot. You can get a top RB and top WR.

I actually love your spot in a 14th teamer. I would prefer 14 but 12-14 is great imo. I hate picking 1st. If I pick early I would rather pick 2-4.
I figured with PPR, the first couple picks should be used on guys catching the ball. I've never played with a ppr system, but other than that I've been told the scoring is pretty standard.

I don't have any real delusions of winning it all this year since I've been out of the game for so long and I haven't religiously followed the NFL like I do college, but I'm kind of excited to be back.

Hopefully next season I can get in on their dynasty league that's been going on for nearly a decade, they have a guy that will probably want out.

Just remember you will run out of quality RBs to pick long before running out of quality WRs to pick.
So if you feel equally (or close to it) good about a WR & a RB on that pick. You probably want to lean towards the RB.

Well, I thought I had a good draft, but saw I'm projected to finish 10th in the league, which would be fine, I just don't wanna have to finish last. Last place has to do standup comedy on an open mic night.

But my draft went:

1st- Deebo Samuel
2nd- Javonte Williams
3rd- Mike Williams
4th- David Montgomery
5th- Hunter Renfrow
6th- Dallas Goedert
7th- Matt Stafford
8th- Damien Harris
9th- Noah Fant
10th- Mecole Hardman
11th- Matt Ryan
12th- Ravens D/ST
13th- Harrison Butker
14th- Rex Burkhead
15th- Isaiah McKenzie
16th- KJ Hamler

With a starting lineup of:

QB- Matt Stafford
RB- Javonte Williams
RB- David Montgomery
WR- Deebo Samuel
WR- Mike Williams
TE- Dallas Goedert
Flex- Hunter Renfrow
D/ST- Ravens
K- Harrison Butker

Also found out that this league doesn't do fractional points, so there's no difference between 99 yards and 90 yards.

Yeah, 12 team leagues definitely thins out the rosters.

Keep an eye on Nico Hardeman, Kansas City has a young kid he’s making a big splash, Skyy Martin