First time playing fantasy football in like 12 years. Any pointers?

more importantly who is injured. Anyone not on a team right now you likely don't want.
It’s a 14 team league, probably gonna be scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill out the bench

It’s a 14 team league, probably gonna be scraping the bottom of the barrel to fill out the bench
another reason why it would be a good idea to wait until you actually know who makes the team so you can find that sleeper WR5 on a team

another reason why it would be a good idea to wait until you actually know who makes the team so you can find that sleeper WR5 on a team
I’m not the commish and they had a poll on GroupMe for the draft date. August 27th won.

If you can't get one of the top 3 QBs, don't draft one until you've filled out the rest of your starting roster. I prefer having a higher ranked TE, as the slop guys there might get you only a couple of points in a down week, where the top 8 guys are usually good for 10+ on a regular basis.

Don't be afraid to get weird with late picks. Most of them will wind up getting cut anyway, if someone lands, you look like a genius (I hit on Deebo Samuel in the third-from-last round last year, same with Mahomes when he first became a starter).

I've won the one money league I'm in twice and have reached the finals twice in the 8 years I've been in it.

If you can't get one of the top 3 QBs, don't draft one until you've filled out the rest of your starting roster. I prefer having a higher ranked TE, as the slop guys there might get you only a couple of points in a down week, where the top 8 guys are usually good for 10+ on a regular basis.

Don't be afraid to get weird with late picks. Most of them will wind up getting cut anyway, if someone lands, you look like a genius (I hit on Deebo Samuel in the third-from-last round last year, same with Mahomes when he first became a starter).

I've won the one money league I'm in twice and have reached the finals twice in the 8 years I've been in it.
Thank you kindly.

True, but I went for hyperbole. The only time any of them should have the same bye weeks is your handcuffs
I do try to spread out bye weeks when I draft, but honestly at the back of the bench it shouldn't matter, unless the league really restricts add/drop action.

I also tended to lean toward early bye weeks. Get them out of the way.

Draft is the 27th.

Last time I played fantasy football, ESPN leagues didn’t do decimals. 99 rushing yards got you 9 points. Lost an important matchup because Deshaun Foster was one rushing yard and two receiving yards shy of getting another point
you also have to account for your opponent's potential fractional points...

It's never too early to get your backup QB.

you also have to account for your opponent's potential fractional points...
True. Been too long. I don’t remember any other details. That knocked me out of the playoffs and had I made the playoffs, I would have won the league

If you ain't getting hurt, you ain't playing hard enough.
They’ve got enough drugs out there now to play through anything. If you’re not on pcp before every game, you’re not trying to win