Formula One

When Indy was CART I went to the Vancouver Indy many years in a row but for the 1st and last.

But the CART/IRL split lost me. And these new cars are fugly.

I also never used to miss a NASCAR event. But Sunday rainouts, rescheduled to maybe Monday, and more or less low-tech racing have made me drop it too. 500 miles is too long and even recorded takes forever.
There's very few 500 mile races, 400 seems to be the new number, but your short tracks and road courses and Pocono tend to be in the 250-300 mile range. The new generation of car begins next season, they're testing for it now. Don't like going to the one lug wheel, but I'll get used to it. I enjoy both, but I prefer NASCAR's competitiveness, there's more than 3 drivers that have a realistic chance to win every race and variety of tracks, plus it's what I grew up with.

400 is too long with all the yellows. And like I've said before, rain.

I'm not fussed about having half the field as a possible winner. Most don't deserve to anyway.

Great strategy call by Mercedes, and great drive by Hamilton. I didn't think Hamilton would have enough time, but boy was I wrong. I bet on Hamilton every race, so money in my pocket once again. It's like betting on Mayweather at this point

Great strategy call by Mercedes, and great drive by Hamilton. I didn't think Hamilton would have enough time, but boy was I wrong. I bet on Hamilton every race, so money in my pocket once again. It's like betting on Mayweather at this point
Just goes to show that racing isn’t just about who is the best driver or who has the fastest car, whether it’s F1, NASCAR, or anything else. Hamilton won today solely on pit strategy by Mercedes, Verstappen obviously had the faster car today, if he had pitted earlier, probably would’ve gone down to the wire.

Gene Haas needs Tony Stewart backing him to be successful. He had a NASCAR team for around 10 years before Stewart joined him and it was pretty much a field filler whose only highlight was nearly winning the All Star open to qualify for the All Star race before Brian Vickers dumped Mike Bliss at the line

Gene Haas needs Tony Stewart backing him to be successful. He had a NASCAR team for around 10 years before Stewart joined him and it was pretty much a field filler whose only highlight was nearly winning the All Star open to qualify for the All Star race before Brian Vickers dumped Mike Bliss at the line
Personally, I think Haas is gone after this season. They’re basically filler and a laughing stock. I think someone with big bucks and actual plans and ambition buys the team. They just aren’t competitive at all. I think Tony would do much better, but think he has his hands full with NASCAR, Sprints, etc to be able to really do it how he needs to.

Personally, I think Haas is gone after this season. They’re basically filler and a laughing stock. I think someone with big bucks and actual plans and ambition buys the team. They just aren’t competitive at all. I think Tony would do much better, but think he has his hands full with NASCAR, Sprints, etc to be able to really do it how he needs to.
I wouldn’t be surprised if Stewart gets out of NASCAR, I mean he’s starting his own racing league that has a tv deal with CBS and I think he was pretty pissed that NASCAR decided to fill Bristol up with dirt instead of going to El Dorra

When Max got past on the first corner I knew the race was not over.

Lewis just hunted him down.

He had Max ripe for passing just as he came in for his 2nd stop.

Max should be afraid, Lewis said he learned a few things about Max following him today.

I like how Lewis eased up in the 2nd sector to save his tires, then gave it shit on that last corner when he attacked.

Not for nothing is he well know for taking care of his tires.

Personally, I was glad to see Bottas not play ball and just pull aside and let Hamilton pass him.

I wonder what happens next year? Does Lewis retire? Does he go to another team? Toto has made it clear that Russell is a future Mercedes driver, Toto is even his manager.
Does Bottas leave? Do a Kimi and do rally full time?

I've never heard Toto say that. He alludes, etc. But he won't be nailed down.

Lewis is back next year, count on it, he's been testing tires.

I'm pretty sure the Bottas resistance will be spoken about. Not quite as hard as it would have been had Lewis come home in 2nd place.

But for sure it will be discussed.

Yes but I dislike one offs.

Keep it. Don't change back, like last year when MB went black.
Agreed, IMO it looks better than the usual papaya scheme, and from what I've seen, fans love it. They should consider keeping it.

Agreed, IMO it looks better than the usual papaya scheme, and from what I've seen, fans love it. They should consider keeping it.

The papaya was reminiscent of Can-Am colours.

I loved Can-Am

m8b4.jpg

Good race, Max ran it perfectly, and thankfully no crashes or cautions, but probably would have been a lot closer if Mercedes knew how to thread a wheel nut. If I were Bottas, I would've been looking for someone to kick in the taint. Because that's not just a bad strategy call or "normal" mechanical malfunction that happens, that was someone not doing their job right.

I love Monaco, but agree with Hamilton and others, they really need to reconfigure it somewhat, as it stands, there is really no way to overtake someone. Not saying anyone would have passed Max, but for sure Hamilton and others would've been higher up the list if they didn't get stuck behind people with nowhere to pass or overtake.

Good race? What were you watching? Aside from visuals it has sweet fuck all on offer.

Shit on a stick as usual for Monaco. They should nuke it.

Max didn't put a foot wrong for sure but once in front you don't have to at Monaco.

Good race? What were you watching? Aside from visuals it has sweet fuck all on offer.

Shit on a stick as usual for Monaco. They should nuke it.

Max didn't put a foot wrong for sure but once in front you don't have to at Monaco.
Good race only in that no one crashed, yeah Monaco seriously needs to be revamped, because let's face it, they'll never get rid of it.

And I'm starting to get more convinced that Bottas will leave Mercedes after this season. They claim to have a no blame culture when it comes to mistakes etc, yet Wolff singled out Bottas for the wheel nut issue. Instead of saying it was mechanical issue or something (though if you watch it's clearly a mistake by the wheelman, he said it was because Bottas was a few centimeters short so the wheel gun had to come in at an angle, which many have interpreted as him blaming Bottas. Funny how even if we was short (he really wasn't), the three other wheel guys had no issue adjusting, plus, if you watch in slow mo, you can see the front right wheel guy puts the gun on before the car is stopped.

I'm thinking next season is Lewis and Russell, Bottas either goes rally full time, or goes to another team, maybe taking Kimi's spot at Alfa

Oh, and I found something in which we mentioned a while back...why Williams fell: