Full Cord Cut

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,000.00
I am down to the point where the only reason I have “cable” is for Blacklist (I don’t really care for this show anymore) and sports (NFL and MLB playoffs, primarily). I can get everything else I care about from the myriad of streaming services out there.

So where can I get NFL and MLB playoffs from streaming? My Cable bill is about $200, but that includes Showtime which I NEVER watch and my 200 mbps dedicated internet (No throttling). I have not done the research yet, but I think I can get the same internet for approx $100.

I have Apple (why??), HULU, Paramount, HBOMax (I get this through Cable, so this will need to be acquired independently post-cut), AMC, MLB, and Prime. I turn NetFlix on and off throughout the year (it is currently off).

MLB gives guy the playoffs?

I’ve been cord cut for years. I get MLB free from TMobile for baseball. Football can be a little come complicated. If I can’t get the game I want local I find a pirate stream, admittedly.

It’s not perfect but it works. You’ve got a few months before football to research on that. It’s a little more than a quick convo on how to do that and others might have better ideas I’ve not come across yet. Plus, it’s pirating, and that’s a polarizing topic.

Go to the bar for football I guess lol

MLB playoffs are meh.

$200 doesn't even seem that bad.

I pay $175 a month just for internet (cox gigablast). $92 for HULU tv, $15 for Netflix, $5 ESPN, $15 for HBO. I get Paramount and Peacock for free thanks to family.

I pay $175 a month just for internet (cox gigablast). $92 for HULU tv, $15 for Netflix, $5 ESPN, $15 for HBO. I get Paramount and Peacock for free thanks to family.
Glasses Wow GIF by Originals

i think you are getting it up the ass

i have at&t fiber for 50 bucks a month. i think its 80 now

call cox right now. tell them you are going to at&t fiber for half the cost.

they will go down.....

for at&t i always ask for the retention dept first.

believe me, I know. It's a fucking racket. Cox owns all of the internet infrastructure around here. I have "competition" in that I can get other ISPs, but I cannot get their high speed so it isn't comparable.

This shit needs fixed.

Disney+ bundle for $13.99 gets you Disney+, Hulu (with ads), and ESPN+. Another $6 to get ad free Hulu. That gets you quite a bit of sports right there. For me, I'm dropping something when Bally Sports finally has their app out so I can watch Rangers/Stars/Mavs again, likely Netflix.
I always laughed at ESPN+, but I have been able to watch just about every A&M baseball game on it. There's a LOT there.

call cox right now. tell them you are going to at&t fiber for half the cost.

they will go down.....

for at&t i always ask for the retention dept first.
doesn't work like that anymore. I've tried lol. They know where others can and cannot get the best connections. In my area, I am not able to get other high speed services, at least according to the representatives when I tell them my location. I tried doing it with Century Link last year.

believe me, I know. It's a fucking racket. Cox owns all of the internet infrastructure around here. I have "competition" in that I can get other ISPs, but I cannot get their high speed so it isn't comparable.

This shit needs fixed.
The fuck are you doing that you need Gig speeds?

doesn't work like that anymore. I've tried lol. They know where others can and cannot get the best connections. In my area, I am not able to get other high speed services, at least according to the representatives when I tell them my location. I tried doing it with Century Link last year.
Pisses me off that in my area, with what I believe is a 5G tower less than a mile away, I can't get any of the 5G home internet packages. AT&T, Verizon, and TMobile all say they don't cover my area. So I'm stuck with Spectrum (get fucked) or Frontier (also shitty, but less). they wanted $125/mo for gig, so I'm at 500/500.

MLB gives guy the playoffs?

I’ve been cord cut for years. I get MLB free from TMobile for baseball. Football can be a little come complicated. If I can’t get the game I want local I find a pirate stream, admittedly.

It’s not perfect but it works. You’ve got a few months before football to research on that. It’s a little more than a quick convo on how to do that and others might have better ideas I’ve not come across yet. Plus, it’s pirating, and that’s a polarizing topic.
I want to avoid pirating. there has to be a way.

And MLB blacks out. So if I am in a market that has the game on broadcast, I can’t watch it. I cant watch any Padre games on the app, for example. I have to watch their broadcast. And any game that has a national option (ESPN, TBS, etc), i have to watch that instead of through the app.

But the $200 (which includes my internet) is ONLY used for access to playoff baseball, Giants/Padre games and NFL. That’s it. I am more than willing to miss out on “live” Blacklist.

i think you are getting it up the ass

i have at&t fiber for 50 bucks a month. i think its 80 now
What are your up/down rates? I get 200 mbps down into the house, with observed 160-180 on my wireless pc in my office (I have 2 google wireless hubs in my house). My up is a pretty standard 12 mbps. But who uses up, really, except torrenters? And do torrenters even exist anymore?

Disney+ bundle for $13.99 gets you Disney+, Hulu (with ads), and ESPN+. Another $6 to get ad free Hulu. That gets you quite a bit of sports right there. For me, I'm dropping something when Bally Sports finally has their app out so I can watch Rangers/Stars/Mavs again, likely Netflix.
I always laughed at ESPN+, but I have been able to watch just about every A&M baseball game on it. There's a LOT there.
Broadcast MLB seems to be funneling into ESPN moving forward, so maybe that will be the answer eventually. Problem is, right now, fox and tbs are still in play for the playoffs.

LOL we have the same package of internet and you're payin 25 more per month (both are ass rape prices tho)

Broadcast MLB seems to be funneling into ESPN moving forward, so maybe that will be the answer eventually. Problem is, right now, fox and tbs are still in play for the playoffs.
Fox can be had with an OTA antenna. Not a cheap one, but put it in the attic and enjoy free HDTV.