Full Cord Cut

Pisses me off that in my area, with what I believe is a 5G tower less than a mile away, I can't get any of the 5G home internet packages. AT&T, Verizon, and TMobile all say they don't cover my area. So I'm stuck with Spectrum (get fucked) or Frontier (also shitty, but less). they wanted $125/mo for gig, so I'm at 500/500.
its a fucking racket man. Those ISPs lobby the shit out of the FCC for the compete laws, infrastructure, and area map bullshit to benefit the biggest spender. They all pick different regions to lead too. In Omaha, Cox is the alpha dog. In Lincoln, I think it is Comcast or Warner... neither of which are even offered in Omaha.

It's all just legal corporate scams.

But the $200 (which includes my internet) is ONLY used for access to playoff baseball, Giants/Padre games and NFL. That’s it. I am more than willing to miss out on “live” Blacklist.
Well again, in my case... I spend $175 for internet alone. That includes no channels or streaming services. So, just be mindful.

I want to avoid pirating. there has to be a way.

And MLB blacks out. So if I am in a market that has the game on broadcast, I can’t watch it. I cant watch any Padre games on the app, for example. I have to watch their broadcast. And any game that has a national option (ESPN, TBS, etc), i have to watch that instead of through the app.
The NFL is so fucking averse to burgeoning streaming platforms, certainly the i opposite of MLB.

I don’t choose or enjoy pirating, but what else can be done for NFL?

I am down to the point where the only reason I have “cable” is for Blacklist (I don’t really care for this show anymore) and sports (NFL and MLB playoffs, primarily). I can get everything else I care about from the myriad of streaming services out there.

So where can I get NFL and MLB playoffs from streaming? My Cable bill is about $200, but that includes Showtime which I NEVER watch and my 200 mbps dedicated internet (No throttling). I have not done the research yet, but I think I can get the same internet for approx $100.

I have Apple (why??), HULU, Paramount, HBOMax (I get this through Cable, so this will need to be acquired independently post-cut), AMC, MLB, and Prime. I turn NetFlix on and off throughout the year (it is currently off).
Based on my experience expect to pay $70-$100 for internet sans cable tv package.

Fubo is the best option I’ve found for sports (it’s the only service that includes my regional sports network that carries the Kraken and Mariners other than ATT, and their streaming service sucks). It’s gonna run about $70/month.

You can get HBO Max for $10/month (ad version).

Don’t know why you’d need AMC with tv streaming or cable.

If you don’t need Fubo like I do, you can get Sling for $55 before taxes and fees.

Honestly, it used to be worth it, but I’ve gotten to the point where I’m about back where I was with cable. Factoring in still needing internet, for me in my area, Comcast is by far the best option, so fully ditching them was never an option (I could probably save a bit with another option, but I’ve experienced the other option, and it’s terrible). And all tv streaming services keep creeping up in price, all but sling are around the $70 range now.

Expect to save MAYBE $20-$30 when all is said and done, or just call and harass your cable company, see if they’ll give you a discount to stick with them for a couple years.

Streaming everything for like 15 devices for 5 ppl and the wife is in nursing school, so we need a solid, timely connection.
It doesn’t take much.

I work from home and remote into the office for 8 hours a day. Then I stream on the tv, play a game on my pc and afk a mobile game on my iPad after work. I hardly ever bump my head with my throughout.

I have gig internet and pay only 80.
but really though.... tell me how you do it.

Sad Puss In Boots GIF

Well again, in my case... I spend $175 for internet alone. That includes no channels or streaming services. So, just be mindful.
I need to do the research on getting internet only from Spectrum (or look elsewhere, though I think Spectrum’s 200 dedicated is the best product where I live).

I need to do the research on getting internet only from Spectrum (or look elsewhere, though I think Spectrum’s 200 dedicated is the best product where I live).
I am actually in the process of ending Hulu TV since it costs like $92 a month for the full package. I am switching to Youtube TV which I hear is just as good and is only $65 a month.

Don’t know why you’d need AMC with tv streaming or cable.
I got 1 year for about $2 a month a few months back (Boxing Day deal?). I get all their programming 1 week early and it gives me BBC as well (prepping for the full cord cut)

I am actually in the process of ending Hulu TV since it costs like $92 a month for the full package. I am switching to Youtube TV which I hear is just as good and is only $65 a month.
I don’t do Hulu tv. I do Hulu premium (streaming w/o ads) and that costs about $15/month, I think.

It doesn’t take much.

I work from home and remote into the office for 8 hours a day. Then I stream on the tv, play a game on my pc and afk a mobile game on my iPad after work. I hardly ever bump my head with my throughout.
The data cap for COX if you dont pay for the 100 internet plan with the 50 unlimited plan (only available together) is too small for a family of any decent size to watch tv and play video games especially with games getting bigger and bigger and having 100GB updates or kids who are constantly deleting and downloading new games.

COX is just ass rape. i moved a few miles west (further toward the sticks) and went from getting unlimited gigabit fiber internet for 60 a month to getting 940 down 35 up cable internet for 100 a month and 50 to make it unlimited

I got 1 year for about $2 a month a few months back (Boxing Day deal?). I get all their programming 1 week early and it gives me BBC as well (prepping for the full cord cut)
Got ya.

The bummer is there’s no just sports option. Other than ESPN +, it’s really hard to get around having cable or a streaming service that ends up being not much cheaper than cable. You have the league passes/networks, but they black out local games because of TV deals and are getting harder to get around even with a VPN. And they aren’t cheap either.

With Hulu, HBOMax, and even the AMC/other networks starting to provide streaming options, sports really throw a wrench in the whole thing.

The data cap for COX if you dont pay for the 100 internet plan with the 50 unlimited plan (only available together) is too small for a family of any decent size to watch tv and play video games especially with games getting bigger and bigger and having 100GB updates or kids who are constantly deleting and downloading new games.

COX is just ass rape. i moved a few miles west (further toward the sticks) and went from getting unlimited gigabit fiber internet for 60 a month to getting 940 down 35 up cable internet for 100 a month and 50 to make it unlimited
This is another thing to consider. Most internet plans will have a cap (mine would be 1TB) without an extra fee. If you’re streaming everything in HD 1TB is not enough.

This is another thing to consider. Most internet plans will have a cap (mine would be 1TB) without an extra fee. If you’re streaming everything in HD 1TB is not enough.
Especially when you tack on other tv's that kids never turn off when they leave the room to do something else