Full Cord Cut

The data cap for COX if you dont pay for the 100 internet plan with the 50 unlimited plan (only available together) is too small for a family of any decent size to watch tv and play video games especially with games getting bigger and bigger and having 100GB updates or kids who are constantly deleting and downloading new games.

COX is just ass rape. i moved a few miles west (further toward the sticks) and went from getting unlimited gigabit fiber internet for 60 a month to getting 940 down 35 up cable internet for 100 a month and 50 to make it unlimited
giphy.gif

Especially when you tack on other tv's that kids never turn off when they leave the room to do something else
Yeah my original package only comes with like 500 gigs or something. I pay extra for more.

You can get basically all your NFL with an OTA antenna. The only games you'll miss are MNF which is on ESPN (but they broadcast some on ABC so you won't miss them) and the Thursday games which are gonna be on Amazon. For MLB, get the Disney+ package that includes ESPN+ which has some MLB games and then find a streaming package that has TNT and TBS in it as those channels will air MLB playoff games. Now if you want to watch out of market games, that's gonna cost you a lot more.

i think you are getting it up the ass

i have at&t fiber for 50 bucks a month. i think its 80 now
Problem is AT&T is trash. They do nothing but show commercials for Fiber and when you call it ‘isn’t available in your area with no current plans to provide it”.

You can get basically all your NFL with an OTA antenna. The only games you'll miss are MNF which is on ESPN (but they broadcast some on ABC so you won't miss them) and the Thursday games which are gonna be on Amazon. For MLB, get the Disney+ package that includes ESPN+ which has some MLB games and then find a streaming package that has TNT and TBS in it as those channels will air MLB playoff games. Now if you want to watch out of market games, that's gonna cost you a lot more.
That is an interesting tip and something I hadn't considered.

Just got fiber for 69 a month. Dropped 135 a month dish.

Just got fiber for 69 a month. Dropped 135 a month dish.
Do you get dedicated down, or can they throttle you? What are your down rates? Any usage caps?

Do you get dedicated down, or can they throttle you? What are your down rates? Any usage caps?
latest speedtest on chrome...

Mbps download

Mbps upload

Latency: 7 ms

Server: Atlanta

Your Internet connection is very fast.

latest speedtest on chrome...

Mbps download

Mbps upload

Latency: 7 ms

Server: Atlanta

Your Internet connection is very fast.
Ok…

I just came a little bit.

That sounds like almost a dedicated T1.

I pay for 200/10 and typically test out at 160/10 on my iPad in my office (equidistant from my 2 google routers). I have some problems with some websites that are near unethical with their ad-usage, but that is the site, I believe, not my internet.

I often stream on my tv through Roku, game on my PC and surf on my iPad all at the same time.

I am looking at picking up an OTA indoor antenna. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice for what I should look at for features? Is there a TiVo type product out there for DVRing OTA? What else should I know that I don’t know to ask?

I am looking at picking up an OTA indoor antenna. Does anyone have any recommendations or advice for what I should look at for features? Is there a TiVo type product out there for DVRing OTA? What else should I know that I don’t know to ask?

Streaming everything for like 15 devices for 5 ppl and the wife is in nursing school, so we need a solid, timely connection.
Have you looked into multiple fiber connections instead? In other words, get two at lower cost and divide connections? I’m guessing you’re just happy to have those speeds. Also, do you have 100% uptime? Ever any throttling?

Who has cable in 2024????

Either poors or immigrants

Have you looked into multiple fiber connections instead? In other words, get two at lower cost and divide connections? I’m guessing you’re just happy to have those speeds. Also, do you have 100% uptime? Ever any throttling?
I’m going to throttle you