TV Series Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

So, since they didn’t kill Laenor, does he come back from his gay Essos vacation to help kill Greens?

Even though he now has no dragon…

So, since they didn’t kill Laenor, does he come back from his gay Essos vacation to help kill Greens?

Pretty sure he's just gone. Different sendoff than the written story, but I think it serves the same purpose in that he isn't coming back.
But the show did invent a foot fetish guy and have a dragon pop up out of the floor, so i guess it could invent more things too.

Her husband couldn't even get help to defend the steps from the Greens so I'm not sure what you think they can offer she doesn't already have. The Blacks have promised to make her husband's dream of his family sitting on the throne a reality.

There is absolutely no comparison. You guys keep trying to make this thing grey but it's black and white. The granddaughters are betrothed so they will be on dragons fighting for the crown and she might have signed their death warrant and she has to know this. Nothing the Greens promise is even remotely comparable to what has been offered (and delivered) by the Blacks.
“Nothing the Greens promise is even remotely comparable to what has been offered (and delivered) by the Blacks.”……yet.

The betrothals don’t move me much. They can always be moved, and often are.

She took that deal when ol Visy came lumbering in and it was clear to Rhaenys that his wish continued to be Rhaenyra as heir.

I don’t think Rhaenys gives two fucks to honor her cousins wishes, just to make sure her family is most set.

As for Corlys’ defense of the steps….I didn’t read it as the Greens couldn’t offer what was needed to defend it, but wouldn’t. Wouldn’t can change.

Lastly, you have to stop telling us what we are trying to make it. I’m not trying to make it anything, I’m reading it as I see it.

So here is my question do the Blacks think he is dead or do they know he ran off with his butt mate?

I was thinking they paid to have him killed and Ace & Gary pulled the switcharoo on them.

If the Blacks know and they can get him back then they need him because no one is going to question the kid's heritage when this is over.

I’m doubtful. But, then again, as has been said, I guess I can’t put anything past the show runners.

I need to refresh on this….did Aemond that Laenors dragon, or his sisters?

I remember there was some talk a few weeks back about it not being believed you could take a dragon from someone actually still alive.

“Nothing the Greens promise is even remotely comparable to what has been offered (and delivered) by the Blacks.”……yet.

The betrothals don’t move me much. They can always be moved, and often are.

She took that deal when ol Visy came lumbering in and it was clear to Rhaenys that his wish continued to be Rhaenyra as heir.

I don’t think Rhaenys gives two fucks to honor her cousins wishes, just to make sure her family is most set.

As for Corlys’ defense of the steps….I didn’t read it as the Greens couldn’t offer what was needed to defend it, but wouldn’t. Wouldn’t can change.

Lastly, you have to stop telling us what we are trying to make it. I’m not trying to make it anything, I’m reading it as I see it.
The Greens can't offer the throne because the sitting king has 3 aires.

I'm not sure what you envision that they can give her and I don't think she does give a crap about any of them except the granddaughters and that is what she values most. Blacks can deliver in that area and the Greens cannot.

I’m doubtful. But, then again, as has been said, I guess I can’t put anything past the show runners.

I remember there was some talk a few weeks back about it not being believed you could take a dragon from someone actually still alive.
His sister's dragon.

The Greens can't offer the throne because the sitting king has 3 aires.

I'm not sure what you envision that they can give her and I don't think she does give a crap about any of them except the granddaughters and that is what she values most. Blacks can deliver in that area and the Greens cannot.
All fair points.

I’m just reconciling in my mind what would lead her to just back off knowing what I’ve learned about her this season.

I’m not saying it’s right or logical. But neither is the scene that has us yapping about this so much.

All fair points.

I’m just reconciling in my mind what would lead her to just back off knowing what I’ve learned about her this season.

I’m not saying it’s right or logical. But neither is the scene that has us yapping about this so much.
The scene is the problem.

I thought it was cool as F but it screws up the story and brings into question the character's motivation. It was an unforced error that they knew was coming but sacrificed it for the scene. Its that simple. We are better off forgetting it happened.

So here is my question do the Blacks think he is dead or do they know he ran off with his butt mate?

I was thinking they paid to have him killed and Ace & Gary pulled the switcharoo on them.

If the Blacks know and they can get him back then they need him because no one is going to question the kid's heritage when this is over.
I’ve assumed Rhaenyra and Daemon know he’s alive and well. Figured it was their idea as neither of them had anything against him. His mother seems to think he’s dead. Don’t know about his “sons” or his nieces.

The switch of him dying in the book to sneaking away in the show seemed like it was intentional, for later use. But could just be like having a dragon smash thru the floor during a coronation. No point what so ever.

In the book nobody rides Seasmoke for like a decade. No idea what that dragon is up to in the show. Just chillin back at Driftmark, I guess.

In the book nobody rides Seasmoke for like a decade. No idea what that dragon is up to in the show. Just chillin back at Driftmark, I guess.
The show has said nothing different on the matter. I presume it’s possible he comes back and takes Seasmoke on.

It’s a bit of an eye chart, but here is all the chatter on the chick mentioned above who wrote episodes 6 & 9 of this season. I would say she has some explaining to do, but apparently she’s been trying two days now. 061B6D25-3D55-4DB9-B710-D5AFAC4A5B9A.png

what fanboy blood?

if she goes in there and kills the queen and her children, what does that do? That 100% kicks off a war.

instead she flees to Dragonstone and reports back what is going on in King's Landing and they go from there.

You have no idea what Ned would have done. How are you going to tell me I made anything up in my head and then go on a tirade about how things would have happened in GOT. How about they follow what happened in the book and that is that she DOESN'T kill the queen in that moment?

Nah. I read through the thread. @Wild Turkey is right and you're wrong. Rhaenys roasting them wouldn't kick off some big war or be awful because of regicide, kinslaying, or whatever excuse. She literally would have taken out all of the other side. The fuck is House Hightower gonna do? Their most important people just got axed and the other side HAS ALL OF THE DRAGONS. Anyone that has a problem with it would be shit out of luck. The Blacks would have all the dragons. You'd just have to sit there and eat it if you didn't like Rhaenys killing all the Greens.

And that's why its a completely stupid and contrived scene the writers never should have included. It defies any logic. There is no justification for it. It fails every scenario to even to try to justify it in universe.

You fucks got me and Turkey on the same side. That’s how wrong you are.

They made it a point to make sure we know he's alive, so he is going to play a role.

Nah. I read through the thread. @Wild Turkey is right and you're wrong. Rhaenys roasting them wouldn't kick off some big war or be awful because of regicide, kinslaying, or whatever excuse. She literally would have taken out all of the other side. The fuck is House Hightower gonna do? Their most important people just got axed and the other side HAS ALL OF THE DRAGONS. Anyone that has a problem with it would be shit out of luck. The Blacks would have all the dragons. You'd just have to sit there and eat it if you didn't like Rhaenys killing all the Greens.

And that's why its a completely stupid and contrived scene the writers never should have included. It defies any logic. There is no justification for it. It fails every scenario to even to try to justify it in universe.
I 100% agree that that scene should not have been done in that way, but GoT and now HotD usually put spectacle above logical action and it fucks with the story. I get why she doesn't kill them (because she doesn't in the source material) but really she shouldn't have even gone there, just escaped and been done with it.

I 100% agree that that scene should not have been done in that way, but GoT and now HotD usually put spectacle above logical action and it fucks with the story. I get why she doesn't kill them (because she doesn't in the source material) but really she shouldn't have even gone there, just escaped and been done with it.
The why make up all these lame excuses for why she didn’t burn them down that make zero sense.

You spent post after post defending the character’s actions and there is no defense.

I think because the fanboy inside you can’t admit the medium you love so much could make such an error so your brain rejects it or at least tries to reconcile it. Free yourself from this bondage and live amongst those who value the truth.

The writers screwed up massively and it damaged the character.

I’ve assumed Rhaenyra and Daemon know he’s alive and well. Figured it was their idea as neither of them had anything against him. His mother seems to think he’s dead. Don’t know about his “sons” or his nieces.

The switch of him dying in the book to sneaking away in the show seemed like it was intentional, for later use. But could just be like having a dragon smash thru the floor during a coronation. No point what so ever.

Rhaenyra and Daemon know he's alive, or at least that he did not die that night. Daemon paid Laenor's BF to frame the thing up. And in an earlier scene, Laenor is lamenting to Rhaenyra how he regrets not being a proper husband to her and that she deserves one. Rhaenyra tells Daemon she does actually care for Laenor and does not want to kill him. Just reading between the lines, it seems the entire group of them was in on the act. Unfortunate for the stooge they had to kill to produce the body. No one else knows. To me, the switch in the show is actually a ploy to make Daemon a more likeable character, and Rhaenyra too to some extent.

The why make up all these lame excuses for why she didn’t burn them down that make zero sense.

You spent post after post defending the character’s actions and there is no defense.

I think because the fanboy inside you can’t admit the medium you love so much could make such an error so your brain rejects it or at least tries to reconcile it. Free yourself from this bondage and live amongst those who value the truth.

The writers screwed up massively and it damaged the character.

I think in the end, the fact that they are her brother's children is what stops Rhaenys from torching the lot of them. The dragon killing innocent townsfolk in the process could also be setting the stage for an anti-dragon revolt later on. But, overall I agree with everyone else, it was kind of a pointless spectacle that caused more frustration than applause.

Back