TV Series Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

The why make up all these lame excuses for why she didn’t burn them down that make zero sense.

You spent post after post defending the character’s actions and there is no defense.

I think because the fanboy inside you can’t admit the medium you love so much could make such an error so your brain rejects it or at least tries to reconcile it. Free yourself from this bondage and live amongst those who value the truth.

The writers screwed up massively and it damaged the character.
I’ll say this much….I don’t get the fanboy thing. I’m not saying you’re out of line or shouldn’t speak your mind, you do you. I just don’t get it.

I know for me if I’m investing so much time into a show then I should try my hardest to grasp what they are going for. Maybe that kind of strong attempt to reconcile the nonsense just comes from that and not some allegiance to a medium.

Most times I can get behind it or set it aside and continue to enjoy the ride. I’ll likely get to that point with how last weeks show ended too. I’m not as upset with the route they went then I am with the bullshit their people are putting out to defend it (ok, maybe not people, but one particular writer).

If they don’t do something else just as nonsensical this week it will be about forgotten for me by season 2.

The why make up all these lame excuses for why she didn’t burn them down that make zero sense.

You spent post after post defending the character’s actions and there is no defense.

I think because the fanboy inside you can’t admit the medium you love so much could make such an error so your brain rejects it or at least tries to reconcile it. Free yourself from this bondage and live amongst those who value the truth.

The writers screwed up massively and it damaged the character.
because we as viewers have to! It IS what happened. She decided not to torch them and we are only able to analyze the why.

getting butthurt because she didn't do what you wanted her to do is dumb.

all we can do is figure out her justifications.

I still don't know what you think I am a fanboy of...and what medium you are talking about? Television? I admitted that I wasn't a fan of her coming through the floor on her dragon...it was for spectacle. But it happened and she flew off after killing a bunch of commoners and that's it. You're the one getting your panties in a bunch because she didn't do something you think she should have done...even though that wasn't done in the source material.

as for the character, I don't think she is as damaged as you think.

Some of y'all have darn near ruined a good discussion thread.

because we as viewers have to! It IS what happened. She decided not to torch them and we are only able to analyze the why.

getting butthurt because she didn't do what you wanted her to do is dumb.

all we can do is figure out her justifications.
It has nothing to do with what I wanted because I don't write the show. In fact, I'm pretty tolerant as long as the story makes sense and isn't lazy (I do have a big issue with writers getting themselves into corners and using "magic" to save them) and an example of that is how inconsistent Jedi powers are used in the Star Wars movies.

Nothing makes a story better than if I can't guess what is going to happen, I'm surprised or shocked by what happens. So what I want is to be entertained.

When you make this kind of error it is not entertaining it is simply aggravating and more so when people like you try to defend it.

It has nothing to do with what I wanted because I don't write the show. In fact, I'm pretty tolerant as long as the story makes sense and isn't lazy (I do have a big issue with writers getting themselves into corners and using "magic" to save them) and an example of that is how inconsistent Jedi powers are used in the Star Wars movies.

Nothing makes a story better than if I can't guess what is going to happen, I'm surprised or shocked by what happens. So what I want is to be entertained.

When you make this kind of error it is not entertaining it is simply aggravating and more so when people like you try to defend it.
I agree...I don't like sloppy writing or deus ex type shit when it comes to the outcome...which is why I would have been more bothered had they just torched the family there...

they did something like that when Cersei blew up the sept in GoT with everyone in it...it just killed a storyline and they moved on...it was bad writing.

A character like Rhaenys killing everyone there would not be good writing. If it were Daemon or Rhaenrys on the dragon, it might be different...but not Rhaenys. It doesn't fit for me.

I agree...I don't like sloppy writing or deus ex type shit when it comes to the outcome...which is why I would have been more bothered had they just torched the family there...

they did something like that when Cersei blew up the sept in GoT with everyone in it...it just killed a storyline and they moved on...it was bad writing.

A character like Rhaenys killing everyone there would not be good writing. If it were Daemon or Rhaenrys on the dragon, it might be different...but not Rhaenys. It doesn't fit for me.
You must be pulling background from the books because I haven't seen anything in regards to Rhaenys that tells me she would hold back if she had a winnable shot at the throne. Her asking the Queen if she hadn't thought of herself on the throne was done in a way you could tell she had absolutely seen herself there.

Take that person and give her the opportunity to take out half the people with claims and have a justifiable excuse for it plus a war is inevitable that will put the lives of her granddaughters in danger? Don't tell me she doesn't pull that trigger. The fact that her own life was in danger only hours before if she doesn't bend the knee gives her a self-preservation reason and she is not the kind of person that goes down without a fight.

I absolutely reject your analysis with extreme prejudice.

You must be pulling background from the books because I haven't seen anything in regards to Rhaenys that tells me she would hold back if she had a winnable shot at the throne. Her asking the Queen if she hadn't thought of herself on the throne was done in a way you could tell she had absolutely seen herself there.

Take that person and give her the opportunity to take out half the people with claims and have a justifiable excuse for it plus a war is inevitable that will put the lives of her granddaughters in danger? Don't tell me she doesn't pull that trigger. The fact that her own life was in danger only hours before if she doesn't bend the knee gives her a self-preservation reason and she is not the kind of person that goes down without a fight.

I absolutely reject your analysis with extreme prejudice.
I haven't read the book for the prequel.

of course she saw herself as the Queen...at one point it was hers but they denied her of it.

but at this point in her life I think she has accepted where she is in life.

I think she could have justified torching them but I really don't see that in her character...and because her character didn't "pull the trigger" that tells me all I need to know about her.

do you think the Greens would have killed her if she hadn't bent the knee? She is not just a sworn house like the Redwynes, she is family. Killing her isn't taken as lightly, especially when those that would be offended have dragons.

of course she saw herself as the Queen...at one point it was hers but they denied her of it.

I think she could have justified torching them but I really don't see that in her character...and because her character didn't "pull the trigger" that tells me all I need to know about her.

do you think the Greens would have killed her if she hadn't bent the knee? She is not just a sworn house like the Redwynes, she is family. Killing her isn't taken as lightly, especially when those that would be offended have dragons.
They already killed the keeper of the money dude, a head of a house and were planning on taking out the blacks until the Queen got squimish. She was either going to be kept in prison until she bent the knee or killed. Either is justification for torching them.

To be fair she didn't know the Queen had called Team Otto off so no way she doesn't consider her life in danger.

She would have been killed if she hadn’t escaped or bent the knee.

Their plan is to kill all the Blacks. Otto did not mince words.

She wasn’t being smuggled out of Kings Landing to a ship, leaving her dragon behind for any reason other than to save her life. She was going to be executed.

She would have been killed if she hadn’t escaped or bent the knee.

Their plan is to kill all the Blacks. Otto did not mince words.

She wasn’t being smuggled out of Kings Landing to a ship, leaving her dragon behind for any reason other than to save her life. She was going to be executed.
I guess we can assume she would have been killed...

but I still don't think she would have (or should have) killed Alicent. Like I said, the usurping doesn't really involve her.

I guess we can assume she would have been killed...

but I still don't think she would have (or should have) killed Alicent. Like I said, the usurping doesn't really involve her.
I know she wouldn’t kill Alicent. Cuz she didn’t.

Which is why everyone but you is annoyed with that scene existing.

The usurping involves everyone. Her life as she knew it is over. She now is an enemy of the crown. Her entire family is wanted dead. That’s involved.

The usurping involves everyone. Her life as she knew it is over. She now is an enemy of the crown. Her entire family is wanted dead. That’s involved.
I am annoyed the scene exists...I never supported the scene for existing, I just said it makes sense to me why she didn't do it.

it doesn't seem to make sense for some of you.

Cersei blowing everyone up was awesome. It was “unexpected and inevitable” while being completely in line with her character, moved the plot in the direction of her character’s motivations, and ratcheted up the expectations toward the end of a long series… and utilized elements that were already in-story.
It’s very good writing.

Wanted dead by whom?
Because she killed people who usurped the crown a few minutes beforehand? You’re reaching.

Rhaenys makes a giant ass speech about ‘acting,’ and then in the critical moment does not ‘act.’
(Except fanboys think that making some feckless display is ‘acting,’ which I guess modern screen viewers might think such a thing is. Sad.)
It’s a dumb scene that should have been left out.

Cersei blowing everyone up was awesome. It was “unexpected and inevitable” while being completely in line with her character, moved the plot in the direction of her character’s motivations, and ratcheted up the expectations toward the end of a long series… and utilized elements that were already in-story.
It’s very good writing.
it killed an entire plotline...I did not find that awesome.

Wanted dead by whom?
Because she killed people who usurped the crown a few minutes beforehand? You’re reaching.
who did she kill a few minutes beforehand?

Back