TV Series Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

Careful treading the internet this weekend.

What's the consensus on the series? Was it good?

I dropped HBO, but now that the whole season is out, I might pick up HBO Go for a month and binge it.

It's very good. Pretty different than GoT in that it's really just focused on one group of characters. Similar in quick pace and travel as seen in the last two seasons of GoT. Although House of Dragon takes it to another level with how rapidly it progresses through time.

Careful treading the internet this weekend.

Non-spoiler spoilers. It's good. Pretty darn good. No ill advised scenes that make little sense or fetishes either this week.

They made it a point to make sure we know he's alive, so he is going to play a role.
While I would typically agree with this in “normal” tv or movies, I don’t really subscribe to that here. Showing he was still alive (with his boyfriend), just showed that Rhaenyra did actually love him as a person. It would have been cleaner for her to make sure they were both dead, but she allowed him to sail off, as he truly wanted to do.

Also, in the original show, they kept hinting at the bastard son of Robert, but ultimately did nothing with him.

While I would typically agree with this in “normal” tv or movies, I don’t really subscribe to that here. Showing he was still alive (with his boyfriend), just showed that Rhaenyra did actually love him as a person. It would have been cleaner for her to make sure they were both dead, but she allowed him to sail off, as he truly wanted to do.

Also, in the original show, they kept hinting at the bastard son of Robert, but ultimately did nothing with him.
I mean…..Gendry?

Yeah him. He ended up just being a glorified extra.
Ok. I read it like they never identified Roberts bastard.

Upon clarification, I agree. His ended up being a disappointing character for me too.

Ok. I read it like they never identified Roberts bastard.

Upon clarification, I agree. His ended up being a disappointing character for me too.
There were a lot of disappointments with the show.

I need to go reread the books so I can remember who is still alive in that world

Tonight's the night!

My guesses going in are that either the black side makes an attack by the end of this episode taking out a major player or they are on the receiving end of an attack by the green side that takes out a major player. I'm thinking one of the kids on one of the sides dies.

Good episode although there were two things in it that I thought were questionable. I'll post about that tomorrow though.

Good episode although there were two things in it that I thought were questionable. I'll post about that tomorrow though.
It was good, but it wasn't long enough. Should have been more.

Did she send her kids to die on purpose? To maybe, what, say she didn’t start the war?

Cuz that’s the only thing that makes a little sense? Cuz sending your young ass inexperienced sons on dragon back by themselves out into the wind when you know there are murderous experienced dragonbacked warriors out there (who hate them btw) trying to consolidate power is so fucking stupid, it makes this show a laughing stock.

This is Marvel / Star Wars level… just putting shit on the screen hoping the audience just straight lets it pass

Back