TV Series Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

it killed an entire plotline...I did not find that awesome.
It did end a plot line that needed ending… in a ‘good writing’ way as explained above.
we needed to get to the Cersei vs Dragon Bitch plot (how they fucked that up is irrelevant)

who did she kill a few minutes beforehand?
That was subjunctive. “Because she ‘would have’ killed…”

We’re talking about the case where she were to kill the Greens.

It did end a plot line that needed ending… in a ‘good writing’ way as explained above.
we needed to get to the Cersei vs Dragon Bitch plot (how they fucked that up is irrelevant)
it was too abrupt for me...and dumb.

once the writers were past Martin's writing, they fucked up left and right.

I wonder if Martin bought in on Rhaenys on the dragon threatening to kill Alicent and her family...

You must be pulling background from the books because I haven't seen anything in regards to Rhaenys that tells me she would hold back if she had a winnable shot at the throne. Her asking the Queen if she hadn't thought of herself on the throne was done in a way you could tell she had absolutely seen herself there.

Take that person and give her the opportunity to take out half the people with claims and have a justifiable excuse for it plus a war is inevitable that will put the lives of her granddaughters in danger? Don't tell me she doesn't pull that trigger. The fact that her own life was in danger only hours before if she doesn't bend the knee gives her a self-preservation reason and she is not the kind of person that goes down without a fight.

I absolutely reject your analysis with extreme prejudice.
I mean….there was that whole scene with her husband where she tells him all these things are what she wanted once, but not for a long time. That all of that is what HE always wanted.

So….there is at least a bread crumb from the TV show itself.

Why am I calling it out? I don’t know. That one scene isn’t enough for me. It was simply this…..

…..they spent a whole season building two teams, black and green. For the sake of argument let’s say it’s 50-50 amongst viewers. Torching the whole of team green would send off half of your audience.

I’m not making this as a lazy defense….this just highlights the pickle. Why create such a sloppy scene in the first place.

The more I look around the more I see there is one writer who might be the genesis of all the shit ideas there have been this season. Maybe it’s not all on her, maybe it is.

Either way she should not be in the idea room ever again.

Reactions: ill
Wanted dead by whom?
Because she killed people who usurped the crown a few minutes beforehand? You’re reaching.
The Greens.

Did you not watch the episode? It’s rather straight forward.

The Greens.

Did you not watch the episode? It’s rather straight forward.
I think they would prefer her support rather than her dead.

and if they kill her, they anger Rhaenrys and Daemon and the Sea Snake even more...so why would they do that? That's just insult to injury.

What's the consensus on the series? Was it good?

I dropped HBO, but now that the whole season is out, I might pick up HBO Go for a month and binge it.

This chick. This is the one that wrote episode 6 and last weeks. She’s apparently the one with the foot fetish idea (I think) and definitely the force behind the scene we’ve talked about all week.

Whether it’s actual or scapegoating if anyone is looking for a face to hate for that scene this is her.

I dropped HBO, but now that the whole season is out, I might pick up HBO Go for a month and binge it.
Last scene of last weeks episode 9 was extremely questionable, as we’ve all been bitching about here all week.

That said….totally worth watching to me.

I think they would prefer her support rather than her dead.

and if they kill her, they anger Rhaenrys and Daemon and the Sea Snake even more...so why would they do that? That's just insult to injury.
They plan to kill Rhaenyra and Daemon. Not sure why they’d care about their feelings.

They plan to kill Rhaenyra and Daemon. Not sure why they’d care about their feelings.
They merely means Otto to me at this point. Alicent seemed very clear they don’t kill Rhaenyra.

Last scene of last weeks episode 9 was extremely questionable, as we’ve all been bitching about here all week.

That said….totally worth watching to me.
I haven't read any of the posts in this thread except the two responses to my question.

They merely means Otto to me at this point. Alicent seemed very clear they don’t kill Rhaenyra.
Alicent has never really been in control of her own life. And as no longer Queen, good luck to her changing that.

It's not as good as GoT, but its entertaining enough to watch.

Back