TV Series Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

That has nothing to do with what I said.
You act as though the chase was a fully thought out action with specific goals in mind that he wanted to accomplish. In “reality”, his nephew is just a trigger for him and his bullying tendencies came out. He didn’t have a plan for the chase. He was just pissed and wanted to give his nephew a swirly.

It got out of hand.

You act as though the chase was a fully thought out action with specific goals in mind that he wanted to accomplish. In “reality”, his nephew is just a trigger for him and his bullying tendencies came out. He didn’t have a plan for the chase. He was just pissed and wanted to give his nephew a swirly.

It got out of hand.
Again. That isn’t in contention. I fully agree that that is what happened in that scene.
My POINT was that it stands in stark contrast to two minutes bofore in the hall where he threatened his eye and his life.

Her dad didn’t have a spy ring either. I think it’s the ones who aren’t supposed to lead that do such things. Daemon, Alicent etc.
Her dad was an established ruler, and a “weak, but loved” ruler at that. Rhaenyra was a highly contested heir, with her primary opponent literally sharing the bed with the current king. It is malpractice for her not to keep ears in the palace.

Last edited:
Again. That isn’t in contention. I fully agree that that is what happened in that scene.
My POINT was that it stands in stark contrast to two minutes bofore in the hall where he threatened his eye and his life.
Not at all. He was acting the “hold me back” guy at the bar. He knew that etiquette would not allow his actions to stand in court, so he felt embolden to act on his emotions. But being the young, impetuous hothead that he is, with a long, legit history with his target, the situation got away from him.

He chased Luke because he could (his dragon was easily 10x the size of Luke’s), and he was pissed. What did he expect to happen? He hadn’t thought that far ahead, obviously (once it started to escalate, he tried to pull his dragon back).

Her dad was an established ruler, and a “weak, but loved” ruler at that. Rhaenyra was a highly contested heir, with her primary opponent literally sharing the bed with the current king. It is palpractice for her not to keep ears in the palace.
I see where you’re coming from, but it would be out of character for her.

She isn’t paranoid or power hungry.

Not at all. He was acting the “hold me back” guy at the bar. He knew that etiquette would not allow his actions to stand in court, so he felt embolden to act on his emotions. But being the young, impetuous hothead that he is, with a long, legit history with his target, the situation got away from him.

He chased Luke because he could (his dragon was easily 10x the size of Luke’s), and he was pissed. What did he expect to happen? He hadn’t thought that far ahead, obviously (once it started to escalate, he tried to pull his dragon back).
I just love how he walks around like he’s a master dragon rider. Well, he just learned a lesson.

Hopefully we get to see Aemond and Daemon go in the future. Hopefully with swords. It will be a hell of a fight.

But, if he and Daemon went at it on dragon back right now he would be toast. He just learned he doesn’t know shit about controlling his beast.

Here’s the thing….she keeps telling her boys that the crown finds you. But I don’t think she’s actually fully embraced that yet. She wants to do what her father wished, yes. Other than that she just wants her family and her family to be safe.

And….now that’s over.

Even what happened to Luke is “the crown finding her”

Granted. The fact she let her lady-boy go about his merry way is proof that she has a good bit of her father’s humanity in her. But she also set the pieces on the board to remove him from the picture so she could marry Daemon, showing that she has her uncle-husband’s cunning in her as well.

She should have seen the game for what it was and prepared for it accordingly.

Here’s the thing….she keeps telling her boys that the crown finds you. But I don’t think she’s actually fully embraced that yet. She wants to do what her father wished, yes. Other than that she just wants her family and her family to be safe.

And….now that’s over.

Even what happened to Luke is “the crown finding her”
She also told her father that she didn’t want the crown, and that she essentially needed her daddy to shield her from the mean people…

She also told her father that she didn’t want the crown, and that she essentially needed her daddy to shield her from the mean people…
This comment feels very…..green….to me.

Poll: Did Rhaenyra have anything to do with Laenor’s death?
A. Yes. She was in on it.
B. It was all Daemon’s doing.
C. It was some third party.

Granted. The fact she let her lady-boy go about his merry way is proof that she has a good bit of her father’s humanity in her. But she also set the pieces on the board to remove him from the picture so she could marry Daemon, showing that she has her uncle-husband’s cunning in her as well.

She should have seen the game for what it was and prepared for it accordingly.
That’s the catch. There is no Dance of Dragons unless she is her fathers daughter.

Ned Stark doesn’t lose his head if he is calculated about how cruel and evil his future SiL is.

Quasi-normal people are needed in this universe in order for the selfish to have someone to prey upon.

I’m kinda surprised VizzyT ever grew old. Ned made it an entire season and the King got 9/10 episodes.

Poll: Did Rhaenyra have anything to do with Laenor’s death?
A. Yes. She was in on it.
B. It was all Daemon’s doing.
C. It was some third party.
He isn’t dead.

This comment feels very…..green….to me.
I actually place myself firmly in “team-black” and don’t really see how anyone could see it differently. But I also am all for the conversation and just want to analyze what the show has given us, where ever it may lead.

It got out of hand.

"Bullying tendancies". One eye isn't the bully. He was bullied relentlessly as a kid by his nephews and even his own brother. Mocked even more so in the previous episode with the pig that was brought to the table.

"Bullying tendancies". One eye isn't the bully. He was bullied relentlessly as a kid by his nephews and even his own brother. Mocked even more so in the previous episode with the pig that was brought to the table.
Sounds like every origin story of every adult bully.

He isn’t dead.
I get the names mixed up all over on this show, but I think he is referring to the dude who had his head chopped in half by Daemon. Not the lady-boy prince who was married to Rhaenyra.

He isn’t dead.
Lmao. I ducked that up. Why would the show make him look so different and then just show him for 1.5 seconds?
I thought he was just some boatman ferrying that other dude away to safety, and that that boatman might be some minor henchman later.

Back