TV Series Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

I can’t wait, between this and the Lord of the rings show that is coming on Amazon.

Late summer and fall are gonna be great to just sit out on the screen porch and vege out on fantasy tv.

I have lower expectations for the Lord of the Rings show. Amazon has yet to hit on a TV show in my opinion.

I'm sure this show will be fine, I'll watch it, and I'll probably enjoy it - but I'm so annoyed with GRRM still not having completed the next installment of ASOIaF, I can't bring myself to care that much about anything set in that world.

The Rings of Power on the other hand ...

I may be in for a big disappointment, I don't know, but I am beyond looking forward to that one.

I'd imagine it will very quickly become HBO's highest watched show. Or at least come close to Euphoria as the highest watched show.
It’ll be gone quick. Save this post.

New promo with the premiere only days away.

I am excited to see Matt Smith in something good. He absolutely NAILED Dr Who, but has only gotten crap work since.

Game of Thrones
Mad Men
Sopranos
The Leftovers
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
The Wire
Lost
True Blood
Boardwalk Empire
Deadwood
Euphoria
The Crown
Ozark
Twin Peaks
Euphoria? Seriously? Worst trash I ever laid eyes on.

Most of the other stuff you mention is VERY good. But to call anything not at the level of GoT, Wire or Lost as not worthy is unfair. Amazon has probably produced the best shows since the streamers took over.

I thought Lost was stupid af like two years before I stopped watching.

You know a show is good when that happens.

I have lower expectations for the Lord of the Rings show. Amazon has yet to hit on a TV show in my opinion.
Terminal List
Jack Ryan
Hannah
The Boys
The Expanse
Nazi Hunters

All of the above are good shows that if you haven't checked out you should.

Terminal List
Jack Ryan
Hannah
The Boys
The Expanse
Nazi Hunters

All of the above are good shows that if you haven't checked out you should.

I really don't like cheap mindless action shows.

Reviews are all hitting positive.

1660969737958.png

1660969746268.png

Game of Thrones
Mad Men
Sopranos
The Leftovers
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
The Wire
Lost
True Blood
Boardwalk Empire
Deadwood
Euphoria
The Crown
Ozark
Twin Peaks

It's interesting looking at this later. Not in any particular order other than when they came to thought and I could certainly add more and re-order them. But based on what I put the networks/services that have put out shows (not counting comedies because that's a whole other game) that meet my standards are:

HBO: 8 shows from that list
AMC: 3 shows from that list
ABC: 2 shows from that list
Netflix: 2 shows from that list

Times Square 3D billboard:

"Noble Houses" promo: