TV Series Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

Wasn’t what I was saying with that gif, but I get it. Free use and such.

I know...your gif was as good as any I could think of at the time so I put it to work too. I'm surprised at the success this show is getting. That success isn't just translated here, it's everywhere. So good on you guys. I watch it because others in the family like it like everyone here.

I will say again though...the last two episodes gives some hope. But they better up their game.

sup @Big Al Rogorson Dissenting opinions are not allowed in this thread? I welcome your explaining why it's all that and a bag of chips. Just keep in mind that for the season 1 final of GOT, I got to see a naked Daenarys walk out of a fire with three baby dragons while I still had not recovered from Ned Starks head being lopped off.

This show doesn't hold a candle. So explain why i should love this series like you? Give me reason. A one eyed kid killing another child isn't keeping up in my opinion. A child king sharpening kids teeth isn't all that either. But will give credit, the deformed baby being pushed out like a cow struggling with stillbirth was special.

Last edited:
I know...your gif was as good as any I could think of at the time so I put it to work too. I'm surprised at the success this show is getting. That success isn't just translated here, it's everywhere. So good on you guys. I watch it because others in the family like it like everyone here.

I will say again though...the last two episodes gives some hope. But they better up their game.

sup @Big Al Rogorson Dissenting opinions are not allowed in this thread? I welcome your explaining why it's all that and a bag of chips. Just keep in mind that for the season 1 final of GOT, I got to see a naked Daenarys walk out of a fire with three baby dragons while I still had not recovered from Ned Starks head being lopped off.

This show doesn't hold a candle. So explain why i should love this series like you? Give me reason. A one eyed kid killing another child isn't keeping up in my opinion. A child king sharpening kids teeth isn't all that either. But will give credit, the deformed baby being pushed out like a cow struggling with stillbirth was special.
Story telling. Great story telling.

Are you saying that not much happened in season one of House of Dragon compared to season one of Game of Thrones?

Are you saying that not much happened in season one of House of Dragon compared to season one of Game of Thrones?

I havent heard back from the last question I answered that you asked me. You like gotcha moments. But can't handle the pressure.

Last edited:
Oh and yeah....Season 1 of GOT was 20 times better than this soap opera. The first four seasons were epic in creating characters that result in spin offs. This show better up their game.

I havent heard back from the last question I answered that you asked me. You like gotcha moments. But can't handle the pressure.

I have no idea what you're referring to?

And how was my question to you a gotcha moment?

Will be interesting to see if Corlys & Rhaenys have a vendetta against Vhagar early on in season 2, given how Vhagar closed out their daughter & "grandson."

Kinda sad there's no House of the Dragon tonight.

What temperature does Vhagar like her food cooked?

Lukewarm!

:drum:

Oh and yeah....Season 1 of GOT was 20 times better than this soap opera. The first four seasons were epic in creating characters that result in spin offs. This show better up their game.

S1 GoT was a whole lot of nothing if you were looking for action. All the way until the penultimate episode when they got Ned, then followed up in the finale with Robb being crowned King in the North and Dany hatching her eggs. Until then, it was just story telling, political maneuvering, and character building. Basically the same thing we got in HOT D.

The tables are now fully set and war will break out in Season 2...unfortunately, we have to wait so long for S2 that we will all probably have to rewatch the first season to refresh ourselves.

S1 GoT was a whole lot of nothing if you were looking for action. All the way until the penultimate episode when they got Ned, then followed up in the finale with Robb being crowned King in the North and Dany hatching her eggs. Until then, it was just story telling, political maneuvering, and character building. Basically the same thing we got in HOT D.

The tables are now fully set and war will break out in Season 2...unfortunately, we have to wait so long for S2 that we will all probably have to rewatch the first season to refresh ourselves.
This is exactly how I remember it too. It’s that totally gonzo ending to season 1 of GoT that blew people away.

Well, that and incestuous siblings pushing a kid out of a window and paralyzing him right off the bat.

They talked about the scene of the hunt for HotD on a pod that week it aired and how this hunt was elaborate and huge set pieces. Conversely when Robert Baratheon went on a hunt it was him and two other guys and the boar attack happened off screen.

That is to say….they did not have such a budget for S1 of GoT. But we watched. We watched because they were doing shit that hasn’t been done a show before with characters. We remember that.

Now, now a kid and his baby dragon get chomped mid air and we yawn. Because we’ve been shocked before it doesn’t shock the same again.

All that to say though….both season 1s were political manuverings leading to bigger things.

We will see this here too, probably in 2024 or something.

This is exactly how I remember it too. It’s that totally gonzo ending to season 1 of GoT that blew people away.

Well, that and incestuous siblings pushing a kid out of a window and paralyzing him right off the bat.

They talked about the scene of the hunt for HotD on a pod that week it aired and how this hunt was elaborate and huge set pieces. Conversely when Robert Baratheon went on a hunt it was him and two other guys and the boar attack happened off screen.

That is to say….they did not have such a budget for S1 of GoT. But we watched. We watched because they were doing shit that hasn’t been done a show before with characters. We remember that.

Now, now a kid and his baby dragon get chomped mid air and we yawn. Because we’ve been shocked before it doesn’t shock the same again.

All that to say though….both season 1s were political manuverings leading to bigger things.

We will see this here too, probably in 2024 or something.
I certainly didn't yawn at that. I was on the edge of my seat watching that battle. I thought it was well done.

I certainly didn't yawn at that. I was on the edge of my seat watching that battle. I thought it was well done.
Ok, I was being hyperbolic (I also had a hint it was coming since I googled around too much this season).

My point is this was not the same thing as Ned getting his head lopped off.

Ok, I was being hyperbolic (I also had a hint it was coming since I googled around too much this season).

I think we have come to expect that from GoT and GRRM at this point...no characters are safe. Usually it's the next to last episode of the season when it happens (Ned's head, The red Wedding, etc)

I think we have come to expect that from GoT and GRRM at this point...no characters are safe. Usually it's the next to last episode of the season when it happens (Ned's head, The red Wedding, etc)
I wondered if the big shocker was coming episode 9 with this show too. Not….really.

So maybe that will be different with this show.

But, what I just did there, compared this show to GoT since it’s all the same universe….I think that’s a big piece of anyone that feels this isn’t up to the level the GoT was.

I don’t agree with this, I just recognize it.

I wondered if the big shocker was coming episode 9 with this show too. Not….really.

So maybe that will be different with this show.

But, what I just did there, compared this show to GoT since it’s all the same universe….I think that’s a big piece of anyone that feels this isn’t up to the level the GoT was.

I don’t agree with this, I just recognize it.
the thing about this story line is that it is being pulled from a book that is more a historical document than a story being told, so the showrunners get a little more freedom on how to interpret and how to put it out there.

in GoT they followed the story in the book and went with the drama built in it.

in HotD they can sort of do more what they want

Conversely when Robert Baratheon went on a hunt it was him and two other guys and the boar attack happened off screen.
Robert had 3 companions on his infamous hunt that were shown on screen: Renly, Barristan, & Lancel.
100% agree.

I really think people were shocked by that for a few reasons, the first obviously being that most people had not read the books so didn't know it was going to happen. But aside from that:

- we had been conditioned to watch shows that had serious plot armor for the main characters. That did not exist much in the early GoT seasons.
- Ned was the good guy, and we had been conditioned to expect the good guy to somehow prevail
- Sean Bean was the only famous actor in the first season, so people expected him to be the main protagonist. Who kills off the most known brand and main protagonist in season 1?? Well, GoT does.

Made it shocking and mind blowing to a lot of first time viewers.