TV Series Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

Terrible precedent that Westworld started with this crap.

At the very least they could get another spinoff series going and they just alternate years for having a new season.
Not much incentive to have a lot of content. One show will drive subscriptions. Everything else is noise.

Not much incentive to have a lot of content. One show will drive subscriptions. Everything else is noise.

this keeps people keeping their subscription. Not just subscribing every two years.

HBO used to do it right with nothing but top quality content. Since it went to streaming it has little quality control.

this keeps people keeping their subscription. Not just subscribing every two years.

HBO used to do it right with nothing but top quality content. Since it went to streaming it has little quality control.
The strikes didn’t help. There is literally nothing new on right now. The entire fall tv season never happened this year.

Season 2 trailer has dropped!

I'm fine with the colors.

The only question is when exactly this show will be starting. I've heard it could be early summer so maybe June. That would be best. Maybe earlier though, Maybe later. I haven't rewatched GoT in a couple of years and have yet to rewatch the House of Dragon series. I would like to time it to do a GoT rewatch into a House of Dragons rewatch to roll right into the premiere of the new season. I think by March I should start this rewatch.

I'm fine with the colors.

The only question is when exactly this show will be starting. I've heard it could be early summer so maybe June. That would be best. Maybe earlier though, Maybe later. I haven't rewatched GoT in a couple of years and have yet to rewatch the House of Dragon series. I would like to time it to do a GoT rewatch into a House of Dragons rewatch to roll right into the premiere of the new season. I think by March I should start this rewatch.
I'm sure the powers that be will check with you about the timing to make sure they release season 2 after you've had the chance to do some appropriate binge watching.

Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon is an upcoming prequel series (set over a hundred years before the original Game of Thrones series) that will be based on the story of the Targaryen civil war known as the Dance of the Dragons, as told in George R. R. Martin's side history book Fire & Blood. If you want to discuss stuff from the book that this show hasn't gotten to yet, do so in the book readers thread instead of in this thread.

Fire-Blood-2.jpg
I have not seen this show. Ending of last one pissed me off so bad I quit HBO. I watched scene after scene that was about pitch black. Fucking bullshit and then they come out and say it's not our fault it was so dark. Yeah fuck you. Nothing you did before was this fucked up.

Should I invest time with this? I mean I really want too. But I have many other projects to finish.

BTW, I didn't read the books.

I have not seen this show. Ending of last one pissed me off so bad I quit HBO. I watched scene after scene that was about pitch black. Fucking bullshit and then they come out and say it's not our fault it was so dark. Yeah fuck you. Nothing you did before was this fucked up.

Should I invest time with this? I mean I really want too. But I have many other projects to finish.

So far so good. I believe the source material is fully written already so no issues of going beyond the books. And GRRM is heavily involved.

Last edited:
So far so good. I believe the source material I'd fully written already so no issues of going beyond the books. And GRRM is heavily involved.
Sweet. Need something to fill my night time, after I get home, and everyone's asleep time slot. Lady on SVU was never attractive and now she's fat. But best thing on at 1 AM.

It's ok. Not as good as GOT but decent enough. What its based on isn't really a novel but more a historical timeline type of book so some of the details are sparse and the show suffers because of it in the 1st season. Instead of coming up with some details or plots to flesh out some stuff, they time jump quite a bit in the first season so it feels a little disjointed. The coming season(s) should be better as all the pieces are in place now though

It's ok. Not as good as GOT but decent enough. What its based on isn't really a novel but more a historical timeline type of book so some of the details are sparse and the show suffers because of it in the 1st season. Instead of coming up with some details or plots to flesh out some stuff, they time jump quite a bit in the first season so it feels a little disjointed. The coming season(s) should be better as all the pieces are in place now though
Cool. I don't mind waiting out seasons so can do more binge. I get home at midnight and put in a good hour of bumming on couch before I fall out.

Everything my wife asks me to watch a series, seen it. One day she asked me how I saw thousands of hour of TV without her. 5 days a week and she sound asleep before I get home. At the conclusion of Brwaking Bad she said she would like to watch. I broke the news that I done seen that shit. Before that SOA. Before that...... lol.

Boo! I was hoping for June.

Well that is not that far. I pretty much habe to start my game of Thrones rewatch into house of dragons rewatch immediately

Well that is not that far. I pretty much habe to start my game of Thrones rewatch into house of dragons rewatch immediately
I fully planned on doing a GoT rewatch at some point. I have no ambition to do that anymore.