TV Series Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

Yeah my desire has faded a bit. I'll definitely rewa5ch season 1 of house of dragon though
There is probably a cutoff where I'd do a GoT rewatch, but I'd probably cut it off after 5 or 6. Maybe even 4. I probably defended the show longer than many, but really can't forgive the final season. Bastards just really wanted to move onto Star Wars.

There is probably a cutoff where I'd do a GoT rewatch, but I'd probably cut it off after 5 or 6. Maybe even 4. I probably defended the show longer than many, but really can't forgive the final season. Bastards just really wanted to move onto Star Wars.

Yeah it ended terribly but there was still some really good episodes in those final two seasons. It just also had the worst episodes pf the series as well. Season 6 had probably the two best episodes in the series to close out the season.

So far so good. I believe the source material is fully written already so no issues of going beyond the books. And GRRM is heavily involved.

There was a time I would have responded "it would be nice if GRRM was heavily involved with finishing The Winds of Winter," but at this point, meh.

There was a time I would have responded "it would be nice if GRRM was heavily involved with finishing The Winds of Winter," but at this point, meh.
This has to be one of the worst cases of “writers block” in recorded history.

I haven’t read any of the books. Do you think he has stopped because he has been distracted by his success? Did he write himself into a corner that he can’t get out of? Is there some other explanation?

I haven’t read any of the books. Do you think he has stopped because he has been distracted by his success? Did he write himself into a corner that he can’t get out of? Is there some other explanation?
I'm not sure if it writers block or not, but he is stretching himself extremely thin with all of his projects. He's involved in the production and or creation of like seven shows right now.

My best guess, and of course, it's just a guess, is it is a combination.
I think the success of the show was definitely distracting, but I also think he'd already sort of written himself into a corner in that in the last 2 books that came out, he brought in so many new elements, even if the show had never been made, he would have had a hard time bringing it all together and finishing. With the show, I think it was easy for him to put off working on the next book for a while, and then once show went beyond what he'd written, that was pretty much that.

I also wonder if, since he did give the sketch of where he planned to go and how he planned to finish to the show runners, and seeing how adverse the reaction was to how it ended (and I'm not just talking about how it all seemed very rushed, I'm talking about plot - like, I could be wrong, but I figure Daenerys going full "Burn them all" Targ at the end was GRRM's plan, but seeing so many lose it over that, and not in the same way people lost it over other plot twists), I think he just said, "fuck it."

He'll die before he finishes the books.

He'll die before he finishes the books.

I hope he at least leaves something in his will to have someone he hand picked to finish them with whatever outlines amd drafts he has instead a company like Warner Brothers or Disney just buying the rights and having whatever hand picked DEI flunkey finish it out.

I hope he at least leaves something in his will to have someone he hand picked to finish them with whatever outlines amd drafts he has instead a company like Warner Brothers or Disney just buying the rights and having whatever hand picked DEI flunkey finish it out.
Better not hold your breath on that.

I think I got my itch back to speedrun Gamw of Thrones rewatch.

Season 2 "All Must Choose" Rhaenyra poster:

xz6biy508ipc1.jpg

Season 2 "All Must Choose" Daemon poster:

3g7k65j08ipc1.jpg

Season 2 "All Must Choose" Aegon and Criston poster:

p46dsuez7ipc1.jpg

Season 2 "All Must Choose" Rhaenys and Corlys poster:

p58fqyb18ipc1.jpg

Season 2 "All Must Choose" Aemond poster:

a69z1jpz7ipc1.jpg

Season 2 "All Must Choose" Alicent poster:

p6hk0uwz7ipc1.jpg

Dueling trailers:

Black trailer:

If you'd read the books, you'd understand.

I don't know how he keeps it all straight. There's a thousand rabbit trails that could become an entirely different book series.