TV Series Game of Thrones: House of the Dragon

Good first episode. But I needed to watch more than a 90 second recap before this season. I couldn’t remember who the hell anyone was after 2 years

Was really looking forward to this season, but this first episode was really mediocre. Little happened in the ep until the end. We didn't get to see how the Greens initially reacted to Aemond informing them about Lucerys, which is something I think a lot of watchers were looking forward to, instead just moving forward in time past that.

The way Blood and Cheese were presented in the book, they felt like competent and ultra dangerous assassins, whereas in this TV episode, it was more like they were bumbling goons who got lucky. Helaena also rolled over real quick and way too easily compared to the much more brutal way the scene is presented in the book.

Fuck them kids

Standout performances and explosive action.

Hm GIF by MOODMAN

We'll see.

Was really looking forward to this season, but this first episode was really mediocre. Little happened in the ep until the end. We didn't get to see how the Greens initially reacted to Aemond informing them about Lucerys, which is something I think a lot of watchers were looking forward to, instead just moving forward in time past that.

The way Blood and Cheese were presented in the book, they felt like competent and ultra dangerous assassins, whereas in this TV episode, it was more like they were bumbling goons who got lucky. Helaena also rolled over real quick and way too easily compared to the much more brutal way the scene is presented in the book.
You're nit picking. Episode was strong.

Good first episode. But I needed to watch more than a 90 second recap before this season. I couldn’t remember who the hell anyone was after 2 years
Doesn't help that half of them have the same names as Targaryens from the original series too.

Good episode overall though.

That was a real intense ending scene there.

Yep.

You can literally hear the child's head being decapitated.
you think they decapitated him? I think they just stabbed him a lot.

you think they decapitated him? I think they just stabbed him a lot.
They did. It's what they did in the book. Pretty sure the bring it back.

They did. It's what they did in the book. Pretty sure the bring it back.
ahh gotcha

I forget sometimes that this is based off a different book.

I need to reread A Dance with Dragons

ahh gotcha

I forget sometimes that this is based off a different book.

I need to reread A Dance with Dragons
Wrong book.

Fire & Blood is the House of the Dragon book.

Wrong book.

Fire & Blood is the House of the Dragon book.
I am aware...I haven't read that one as it feels to just be a history type book and I really have no interest there...I can just read Wikipedia.

my comment on Dance with Dragons is not related to the current show

I am aware...I haven't read that one as it feels to just be a history type book and I really have no interest there...I can just read Wikipedia.

my comment on Dance with Dragons is not related to the current show

It 100% is just a history type book.

What does that even look like? No storyline? Just facts and figures?
basically.

x is married to y, they have 3 kids...

some detail as to how some things went down, but not told as a story.

most like a textbook

What does that even look like? No storyline? Just facts and figures?
basically.

x is married to y, they have 3 kids...

some detail as to how some things went down, but not told as a story.

most like a textbook

What @ill said.

It's basically a historical timeline going back to Aegon the Conqueror and stretching to the present (I think in that book the "present" is basically Robert's Rebellion).

Some factiods, history of internal struggles within the family tree, etc.

It gives details on war, deaths, etc, but as far as building a show off that material it gives the foundations of the storyline but doesn't give much in the way of character building, motives, etc. If the showrunners are good (and not D&D), then they can make a hell of a show out of it, particularly the Dance of Dragons section which Hot D is based off.

Back