Gas Prices in you Area/Gas Buddy

$2.55 now.

The Reserves at Cushing rose 2.5% last week to 28.77 million barrels, so maybe prices start to fall......maybe

Gas has been rising again up here. I'm not sure why. We are back now at $3.03.

It all has to do with inventory levels.
This weekly report can get you ready for any up or down pricing that will be coming.

Increased demand + oil prices slightly going up over the last few weeks. Oil prices dropped pretty quick at the end of January to $77 and are back up to around $82. But also, the nation saw collectively a pretty warm few weeks (especially northern states) which caused an increased demand in gasoline as more people got out and drove.

And in March, refineries start producing the summer blend of gasoline, which should also cause a bit of an increase.

2.83 - 2.89 locally
Didn't go to the Reservation last so I don't know the price there. I am heading there this afternoon so I'll find out. Most times they are 5-10 cents cheaper.

Feather Fuel at the Reservation was a little cheaper, 2.80. The little town just south of there, the price were a little to a lot higher. Tobacco Mart was 2.89 and the Phillips 66 a quarter mile from TM was 2.99. It's one of those dumpy convenience stores that sells Ph. 66 gas. Heading to Lake Charles tuesday for a mri, so I'll see what's going on there.

Feather Fuel at the Reservation was a little cheaper, 2.80.
I wonder if it's cheaper on the Resrvation because of certain taxes they don't have to pay, or if they sell it close to cost, maybe at cost to Tribal members ??

$2.83 this morning. Been about the same for weeks around here.

I wonder if it's cheaper on the Resrvation because of certain taxes they don't have to pay, or if they sell it close to cost, maybe at cost to Tribal members ??

Tribes don't pay federal taxes (or get reimbursed), so they can sell gas about 15 cents cheaper.

Probably certain taxes. Cigarettes are far cheaper there. Top brands still aren't cheap, but can be a dollar or two less per pack than other places. The brand I use is $36.00 per carton after taxes. Some sales taxes aren't charged even on tobacco.

Probably certain taxes. Cigarettes are far cheaper there. Top brands still aren't cheap, but can be a dollar or two less per pack than other places. The brand I use is $36.00 per carton after taxes. Some sales taxes aren't charged even on tobacco.

Back when my wife used to smoke we'd go to Ho-Chunk by Wisconsin Dells and they have a huge smoke shop and cartons of cigs were like 15 dollars cheaper.

In LC today. Murphys at the WMT in the west side of the city, 2.77. .........................Krogers 2.79
..........................Murphys at the WMT in the east side of the city, 2.69.
Same city, same sales tax, same Murphys. Both are in high # retail places and high traffic volume. :headscratch:

In LC today. Murphys at the WMT in the west side of the city, 2.77. .........................Krogers 2.79
..........................Murphys at the WMT in the east side of the city, 2.69.
Same city, same sales tax, same Murphys. Both are in high # retail places and high traffic volume. :headscratch:
The east side just hasn't had to buy the higher priced gas yet..

or, the west side hasn't bought the cheaper gas yet.

I think it's moving up though

Here, native americans are not subject to State taxes so they can sell gas much cheaper. They keep their prices about .10 to .20 cents less than the rest of us pay and that gets enough white people to travel there. The reservation is too far away for me to make that drive just for gas.

Gas is $3.09 here.

Headed up to the old place this weekend. On the south side of Alexandria, the circle K was 2.79/2.69 w/EZ Pay.
going out the norht east of Pineville, the circle K was 2.57/2.47 w/EZ Pay. The walmart gas station in front of wmt Neighborhood market was 2.57.
Still 2.80 to 2.89 around here.