Hockey needs more television time

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
Wish ESPN or some major network would air hockey games consistently. I heard NBC Sports is being dropped which I am sure will have a huge impact on the NHL, but pretty ridiculous the NHL doesnt have some other major carrier. Watched a game last night just because there was nothing on and i felt in the mood to watch sports, and each time i watch hockey i am reminded of how much fun and intense it is. Also each time i tell myself im going to try and watch more hockey, but always end up never following through and i think that is because it just doesnt seem to always be on or easily accessible, or covered as much so it's easily forgotten.

alexander ovechkin hockey GIF by NHL

ESPN+, NBC, NBCSN, NHL app gives a free game...

plenty of ways to watch

ESPN+, NBC, NBCSN, NHL app gives a free game...

plenty of ways to watch
If there were plenty of ways to watch the sport on typical mainstream cable networks, this thread wouldn't have been created, because sports watchers would be able to catch plenty of NHL games.

I am not downloading some app to watch a hockey game. My phone battery would drain within 5 minutes.

If there were plenty of ways to watch the sport on typical mainstream cable networks, this thread wouldn't have been created, because sports watchers would be able to catch plenty of NHL games.

I am not downloading some app to watch a hockey game. My phone battery would drain within 5 minutes.
Apps can be downloaded on streaming devices too dawg. It’s not 1999 anymore. I mean the NHL has their big network, NBC for games. Then a bunch of the other streaming options.

Hockey needs to stop trying to broadcast every Chicago and Pittsburgh games
Oh and quit panning away to whatever whenever there's a scrum on the ice........K?....Thanks

tbh, i want to get into hockey but i just don't know enough about the game

i also have this lingering fear that the Hurricanes are going to relocate due to a lack of fan support

it looks like a really fun game. i wish it was more popular in the south

i also have this lingering fear that the Hurricanes are going to relocate due to a lack of fan support

It’s not a great TV sport imo.

But is as good as it gets live. Hardly ever missed a game in college.

Really enjoy OHL games locally. (Saginaw and Flint have affiliates.). Like baseball, minor league hockey is a great deal for the price compared to NHL/MLB.

OP can get every remaining game for $60 from NHL Network fwiw. Assuming he has TV or the internet, which may not be the case.

Really enjoy OHL games locally. (Saginaw and Flint have affiliates.). Like baseball, minor league hockey is a great deal for the price compared to NHL/MLB.
pretty sure the Hurricanes' minor league team is in Charlotte

need to check them out one day

pretty sure the Hurricanes' minor league team is in Charlotte

need to check them out one day
They switched last fall. Chicago is Carolina’s AHL affiliate now. But Charlotte is the Panthers AHL team.

Grand Rapids is Detroit’s top affiliate. And I never go to Griffins games. Which I should do something about once I’m allowed to go to sporting events again.

Hockey needs to stop trying to broadcast every Chicago and Pittsburgh games
Oh and quit panning away to whatever whenever there's a scrum on the ice........K?....Thanks
Rather watch Pittsburgh than San Jose (with one exception lol)

Hockey is awesome and it's not that hard to grasp the rules. After watching a few games, you'd start picking up on it.

Lies. It is awesome in every way that you can get it.

Hockey is awesome and it's not that hard to grasp the rules. After watching a few games, you'd start picking up on it.

Lies. It is awesome in every way that you can get it.
It’s much less awesome on TV than in person.

Even Nebraska-Omaha was awesome to watch live. RIP CCHA.

And Alaska-Fairbanks.

What a crazy conference that was.

Rather watch Pittsburgh than San Jose (with one exception lol)
Seems it still replays over and over in your head. I'd like to see more of the other teams. As long as it's not the Blackhawks