Hockey needs more television time

It’s not a great TV sport imo.

But is as good as it gets live. Hardly ever missed a game in college.

Really enjoy OHL games locally. (Saginaw and Flint have affiliates.). Like baseball, minor league hockey is a great deal for the price compared to NHL/MLB.

Major Junior Hockey (OHL is not "minor league", they aren't pros, they're kids...even though they...sorta...get paid...) is probably the best form of hockey. It's incredible what the staffs of those teams can do from a gameday ops point of view.

It’s not a great TV sport imo.

But is as good as it gets live. Hardly ever missed a game in college.

Really enjoy OHL games locally. (Saginaw and Flint have affiliates.). Like baseball, minor league hockey is a great deal for the price compared to NHL/MLB.
I think hockey on tv is pretty good, even without fans since the action is so high paced and constant you almost forget there are fans. You add fans to that game play and it's great. I really don't know if there is a pro-sport more intense to watch on TV than a game 7 in hockey. Maybe MLB game 7? But Hockey has that constant energy all game long during their game 7's, because at any moment and any second the entire game can change.

Major Junior Hockey (OHL is not "minor league", they aren't pros, they're kids...even though they...sorta...get paid...) is probably the best form of hockey. It's incredible what the staffs of those teams can do from a gameday ops point of view.
I’m not Canadian, it’s minor league hockey as far as I care. (They stay with families like A-ball players and foreign exchange students.)

Like those kids go to school. Had plenty of Canadian hockey playing neighbors in college, sixth grade educations, maybe.

I think hockey on tv is pretty good, even without fans since the action is so high paced and constant you almost forget there are fans. You add fans to that game play and it's great. I really don't know if there is a pro-sport more intense to watch on TV than a game 7 in hockey. Maybe MLB game 7? But Hockey has that constant energy all game long during their game 7's, because at any moment and any second the entire game can change.
Oh I love the sport. But you should go to a game.

You ever been to any level game live?

I really miss tJoe. And how every entrance and exit smelled like homeless people and urine.
WHL Portland Winterhawks. Even that level is a lot of fun to go and watch. Winterhawks also have a decent following, I've always thought Portland, just like Seattle would be a great market for NHL.

WHL Portland Winterhawks. Even that level is a lot of fun to go and watch. Winterhawks also have a decent following, I've always thought Portland, just like Seattle would be a great market for NHL.
Same level as the OHL here. “Major Junior” hockey like Flavortown said.

Those kids are damn good.

I kicked the hockey habit. Time was I'd never miss a game.

Now, I don't miss them...

Pros only please.

For all sports.

I’m not Canadian, it’s minor league hockey as far as I care. (They stay with families like A-ball players and foreign exchange students.)

Like those kids go to school. Had plenty of Canadian hockey playing neighbors in college, sixth grade educations, maybe.

Yea, I worked for a major junior hockey team back in college. It's a very wild dynamic overall, with how the kids are educated (a number of them took classes at the local community college...), how they are housed, all of that. There was one kid who was from a dirt poor Rez, driving a blinged out Escalade who couldn't count to 10 if you let him use his hands. The product on the ice though was awesome

I only like the fights. I would rather watch dwarves fuck each other than watch hockey.

Seems it still replays over and over in your head. I'd like to see more of the other teams. As long as it's not the Blackhawks
I only think about it when I see you lol.

Mr 30 goals vs a out and out goon.
One of the guys is overrated and overpaid the other is on a team that has made the playoffs every single year in existence and though it's early, they look like they will make it again this year.

Also, don't be ridiculous. You know Reaves is out there to cause mayhem, to get into the teams head just like he did here with Kane. No one thinks of Reaves as a goal or point contender, he isn't meant to be.

One of the guys is overrated and overpaid the other is on a team that has made the playoffs every single year in existence and though it's early, they look like they will make it again this year.

Also, don't be ridiculous. You know Reaves is out there to cause mayhem, to get into the teams head just like he did here with Kane. No one thinks of Reaves as a goal or point contender, he isn't meant to be.
He's just one crud of many the Knight employ
Kane isn't overhyped or over payed. He's been the Sharks leading goal scorer since he got here

He's just one crud of many the Knight employ
Kane isn't overhyped or over payed. He's been the Sharks leading goal scorer since he got here
That's sad. Aer you trying to get me to pity you?

They switched last fall. Chicago is Carolina’s AHL affiliate now. But Charlotte is the Panthers AHL team.

Grand Rapids is Detroit’s top affiliate. And I never go to Griffins games. Which I should do something about once I’m allowed to go to sporting events again.
That's one thing I've found with no sports is wanting to go to the local lower level shit. Closest minor league we've got is Wheeling and Erie which aren't bad drives. I just wish I wasn't living out of state when McDavid was in Erie because that would've been must-see.

The Pirates AA team in Altoona is another, especially since they'll probably have some top prospects.