How adventurous are you food-wise?

Fresh ham over spam, any day of the week. When I was a kid, I had to have spam sandwiches as part of my school lunch diet. I haven't touched that shit since I was in school.
My school couldn't afford spam.
I fucking love good kimchi. My buddy's wife is Korean and makes the best. She does it without the fish oil, too. And spicy. Delicious.
The lil lady is a SoKo.

She grew up here, but I think it's in the blood. She loves it like candy.

Her brother just left to go back to tDMZ, he's like that with squid and octopus.

yea i mean i can see its place in an apocalypse or what have ya (like most canned food)

I suppose for you it coudl be considered comfort food since it has emotional ties to your childhood yea? that makes sense
I genuinely love the smell of it while cooking.

But you're dead on. It's a comfort food for me. I don't really care for Strohs, but always have some on hand. Same reason, my Grandpa loved it.

Can't smoke camel non filters though. He was tougher than me. (Got a can of Prince Albert on the shelf too.)

I genuinely love the smell of it while cooking.

But you're dead on. It's a comfort food for me. I don't really care for Strohs, but always have some on hand. Same reason, my Grandpa loved it.

Can't smoke camel non filters though. He was tougher than me. (Got a can of Prince Albert on the shelf too.)
Ha, there was a time smoked camel studs (the whole reason you pack smokes) but i also inhaled cigars etc.... at one time i had my dads 60's tops roller, thing was badass and it was ultra cheap to roll my own.

dont miss smoking though.

14. 15 if truffles are the candy.

4 of them never again.

anchovies - anyone who would put an anchovy in their mouth knowing what it tastes like would eat dog shit.
gizzards - nothing but gristle.
tofu - see anchovies.
blue cheese - the nastiest thing anyone ever made and called it cheese.

for much of my life, i despised blue cheese. it's only been within the last 2 or 3 years that i finally gave it another go, and now, i love it. my favorite being gorgonzola.

That's how madcow got spread and it's recommended you don't eat the brains of anything. I can remember being a kid and "brains and eggs" were kinda thing but you don't see that anywhere anymore.

ahh I see. Well, certainly wouldn't want that. I have an uncle who fishes, and with certain fishes, he'll actually keep/cook up (fried in butter and spices) the fish's brains, he loves it. I don't think he's ever eaten bovine brain

14. 15 if truffles are the candy.

4 of them never again.

anchovies - anyone who would put an anchovy in their mouth knowing what it tastes like would eat dog shit.
gizzards - nothing but gristle.
tofu - see anchovies.
blue cheese - the nastiest thing anyone ever made and called it cheese.
You have zero palate.

Tofo really does not have much of a flavor and pretty much takes on what it has been cooked in.

I was thinking "Venison, Sauerkraut, and spam?"

This is how I survived as a kid.

I bet you've eaten your fair share of braunschweiger, eh? I know you Wisconsinites love that shit :dhd:

i don't mind it, but if i eat some, it's usually at a holiday party or something akin to such a gathering, and i really have no interest in eating it again for at least a couple of months.

23, but some of these didn't seem all that "adventurous" to me.

I admit I'm not a very adventurous sort when it comes to food. I eat what I like, but I DO happen to like things such as octopus, anchovies, and liver, which a lot of other people avoid.

5. Thousands of years of civilization have progressed us to have a variety of fine dinning options. And you dumbasses choose the likes of chitlins and brains? Fucking cavemen.

5. Thousands of years of civilization have progressed us to have a variety of fine dinning options. And you dumbasses choose the likes of chitlins and brains? Fucking cavemen.
what if I am getting the chitlins and brains from a fine dining option?

I bet you've eaten your fair share of braunschweiger, eh? I know you Wisconsinites love that shit :dhd:

i don't mind it, but if i eat some, it's usually at a holiday party or something akin to such a gathering, and i really have no interest in eating it again for at least a couple of months.

Yep. Ate it all the time when I was a kid.

what if I am getting the chitlins and brains from a fine dining option?
Well your first mistake was going to Louisiana then.

Reactions: Me