How do you eat your burger?

I can't remember the last time I had an A&W burger. That was always my favorite as a kid. Those rootbeer floats were my jam.

You may not be talking about the same A&W, I believe that the one in Canada is a different chain entirely.

Purist....

No sugar in those though right?

What kind of mayo, mustard and hot sauce do you buy? I just double checked and none of mine have sugar listed and have 0 grams of sugar on the label. The almost untouched ketchup in my fridge says 5 grams per 15 mL though.

edit: sorry, I apologize my mayo does list it way down but shows 0 grams per serving. Mustard and hot sauce don't list in the ingredients at all.

I've been grilling slider sized burgers and putting them on Potato slider buns. The go to lately has been jalapeño pemento cheese with tomato and diced sweet onion.

I've been grilling slider sized burgers and putting them on Potato slider buns. The go to lately has been jalapeño pemento cheese with tomato and diced sweet onion.
tenor.gif

You may not be talking about the same A&W, I believe that the one in Canada is a different chain entirely.
Their logo's are the same.

I don't remember the root beer tasting different.

Now I wish the border wasn't closed even more.

"A&W restaurants in Canada have been part of a separate and unaffiliated chain since 1972."

"In 1972, A&W's Canadian division was sold to Unilever."

I don't know if the root beer tastes any different up here.
My mom was an A&W carhop when my dad met her.

Tipped her a penny. Said there was more where that came from, or some sech.

Prolly '72. She'd have been the right age.

Little old for AG, but not out of line for my dad.

He fuckin loves A&W to this day. When tCanouks let us back in, im gonna get to the bottom of this.

What kind of mayo, mustard and hot sauce do you buy? I just double checked and none of mine have sugar listed and have 0 grams of sugar on the label. The almost untouched ketchup in my fridge says 5 grams per 15 mL though.

edit: sorry, I apologize my mayo does list it way down but shows 0 grams per serving. Mustard and hot sauce don't list in the ingredients at all.
I have all sorts of hot sauce here. It is fairly common to have sugar but certainly not required.

My mom was an A&W carhop when my dad met her.

Tipped her a penny. Said there was more where that came from, or some sech.

Prolly '72. She'd have been the right age.

Little old for AG, but not out of line for my dad.

He fuckin loves A&W to this day. When tCanouks let us back in, im gonna get to the bottom of this.

With a nice memory involved I don't even know if I should ask if the ice cream and all of the options are what he likes about the place :unsure: 😉 I mean, you can still get a root beer float up here but I don't recall there being much else (I haven't been to an A&W in close to a couple of years). It's also not a sit-down kind of place at all up here, it's pure fast food that's in a mall food court or a highway stop. Also, as much as the pictures on a menu aren't really a reflection of reality in any way it looks like you can see the different food on the two websites.

With a nice memory involved I don't even know if I should ask if the ice cream and all of the options are what he likes about the place :unsure: 😉 I mean, you can still get a root beer float up here but I don't recall there being much else (I haven't been to an A&W in close to a couple of years). It's also not a sit-down kind of place at all up here, it's pure fast food that's in a mall food court or a highway stop. Also, as much as the pictures on a menu aren't really a reflection of reality in any way it looks like you can see the different food on the two websites.
Don you have seasonal A&W's still?

Cuz if not, I'd rather have ours, that come with a Long John Silvers.

I have all sorts of hot sauce here. It is fairly common to have sugar but certainly not required.

Oh yeah, I'm sure I have one in there that has sugar in the ingredients, I pulled the one that was next to the mustard cause it was right there 😉 Hell if I'd bought a different mustard it might have been down at the bottom of the ingredients. But I'll also bet that both come in way lower than ketchup does.

I've been a type 1 diabetic since I was 11 so most of my childhood (hell it continues to this day really) was "do these carbs taste good enough to be worth it?" :LOL: I don't "hate" ketchup, it just never got over that bar for me.

Not that I know of and there's nothing on the site. I do see the "seasonal locations" section on the US website though. I told you man, it just ain't the same 😖

Not that I know of and there's nothing on the site. I do see the "seasonal locations" section on the US website though. I told you man, it just ain't the same 😖
I can look things up online.

Not to be an ass, but we have Google in Michigan. I'm looking for first hand knowledge. Thank you.

Long John Silver was great back in the day......can't hardly find one nowadays.

I can look things up online.

Not to be an ass, but we have Google in Michigan. I'm looking for first hand knowledge. Thank you.

I mean also not to be an ass but you did ask me a question. Next time I will just stop at "not that I know of" but I guess that "When tCanouks let us back in, im gonna get to the bottom of this." didn't make me think "this is a guy who is saying that he can already look up all of his answers himself from MI".

Long John Silver was great back in the day......can't hardly find one nowadays.
You can find em within an A&W, if you know where to look.

And if you aren't afraid of bein too close to Flint.

Kyle Kuzma's been there. No way he hasn't.

I mean also not to be an ass but you did ask me a question. Next time I will just stop at "not that I know of" but I guess that "When tCanouks let us back in, im gonna get to the bottom of this." didn't make me think "this is a guy who is saying that he can already look up all of his answers himself from MI".
Idk is often the correct answer.

Are you even a Canadian at this point?

Idk is often the correct answer.

Are you even a Canadian at this point?

I think that the current count of years is about 24 to 18 so Canada is still in the lead (and still pulling away now that I'm north again). Along with the citizenship I think that makes my Canadianism OK but a lot of them do hate me up here and I do dislike a lot of shitty "Canadian" things (I have never liked Swiss Chalet sauce either) 😉

When I was 5, my Mom had a little red pepper plant on the laundry room windowsill.

It looked dead. The peppers were little dry red things. Looked like plastic.

I grabbed one broke it up, carried on with life and then rubbed my face and eyes.

Don't recall a lot of the next few hours. Off to the hospital for some irrigation.

Ouch. You basically pepper sprayed yourself.