If Caitlin Clark matches her points last year, she becomes the record holder in career points in DI Men's & Women's hoops.

Not even if it were mandated. Inferior product loaded with inferior talent.
You're not the target audience my man so your opinion isn't Raju germane

The women's college game has already exploded in numbers of viewers. It remains to be seen if that will translate to the W once Clark leaves but not everything is for everyone so you or I not enjoying something isn't really relevant to it becoming more popular in total

You're gonna have to show me the TV ratings vs men's tennis to buy that.

Here's LPGA vs PGA

"LPGA star Stacy Lewis gave an interview with GOLF.com where she addressed the pay gap between the LPGA and PGA Tours. She explained that she was frustrated with the difference in pay when “we’re doing the same thing and the only difference is the TV numbers and the TV ratings. That’s really it.

Well duh. :rolleyes:
What do the ratings vs mens tennis have to do with what j said? No one is saying the WNBA will be more popular than the NBA

That would be silly

But a sport can explode in popularity compared to what it was drawing without being to reach levels of others sports or leagues

Yeah. They did watch women’s Tennis. Ever hear of Chris Everett, Martina Navratilova, Billy Jean King, Steffi Graf, Gabriela Sabatini, Monica Seles?

You’re clearly an idiot who knows less than nothing about everything.
Tennis is my favorite sport so in quite positive i know what in talking about. Been watching since i was 7

The ratings for women's tennis spiked hugely when the Williams sisters came on the scene

No one said there waant great players before them. Just that not nearly as many people gave a shit. The same is true right now with women's college basketball

There is a list 50 players long who were amazing at CBB

But not nearly as many people cared as who care now . Thats verifiable fact

And that's mostly due to Clark. If not wholly

The women's college game has already exploded in numbers of viewers. It remains to be seen if that will translate to the W once Clark leaves but not everything is for everyone so you or I not enjoying something isn't really relevant to it becoming more popular in total
Still, inferior product. Inferior talent. Exploded in number of viewers who are ok with settling for inferior entertainment.

Women's basketball accolades are fine and dandy until you start comparing the accomplishments of a female college player to those of a male college player.
Her scoring record is a great women's basketball record. Women's.

The play is inferior, but the play of men's college football is inferior to the NFL... FAR inferior, but a lot of ppl prefer college.

The problem is that their target audience already watches mens college Bball.

Last edited:

Clark is an absolute baller, but I think there's some other girls who have media coverage as well who can light it up.

Bueckers, Reese, and Van Lith. I mean I don't really follow, but I've watched those girls highlights. If you can really ball, you can put other girls on a poster, the average womens college basketball player isnt that great. That has entertainment value.

Is that enough to draw a regular male fanbase? I don't know.

UConn fans will follow the wimmens when their men's team is down.

I can't believe UConn is a projected 3 seed.

The whole premise of every womens college basketball season used to be, can anybody beat UConn?

That may be another reason why fewer watched

Tennis is my favorite sport so in quite positive i know what in talking about. Been watching since i was 7

The ratings for women's tennis spiked hugely when the Williams sisters came on the scene

No one said there waant great players before them. Just that not nearly as many people gave a shit. The same is true right now with women's college basketball

There is a list 50 players long who were amazing at CBB

But not nearly as many people cared as who care now . Thats verifiable fact

And that's mostly due to Clark. If not wholly
I never got into golf, and didn't give a shit about it until, Tiger. A stud player will get people to tune in.

Good for her, but people have already stopped caring. In another year or two she’ll be just like Pistol Pete, no one will care until someone comes close.

And as a reward, she gets to go play in a league nobody gives a shit about.
“People have already stopped caring”

Like who?

Woman’s CBB, women’s sports and hell, even women in general continue to benefit from what Clark is doing right now.

I get that you and several others here have been emasculated by Caitlin Clark, but the more you guys post about it, the more stupid you look.

Like who?

Woman’s CBB, women’s sports and hell, even women in general continue to benefit from what Clark is doing right now.

I get that you and several others here have been emasculated by Caitlin Clark, but the more you guys post about it, the more stupid you look.

Women have been benefiting from other women in sports for decades. There's a momentary spike in popularity but the horse is quick to run out of legs.
If you consider how CC would do against men you'll have your answer as to why.

Would CC even start on a D2 men's basketball team?

Women have been benefiting from other women in sports for decades. There's a momentary spike in popularity but the horse is quick to run out of legs.
If you consider how CC would do against men you'll have your answer as to why.

Would CC even start on a D2 men's basketball team?
That’s why woman’s sports is smartly riding the horse right now. Do you realize just how much money she has made for every road school Iowa has played at and every network Iowa has played on? Minneapolis is going to make DOUBLE the money that last years B1G woman’s CBB host city made.

The horse quickly running out of legs isn’t specific to gender, activity or occupation.

..and although CC played Boys AAU BB from 2009-2016 and even won an AAU championship with her team, who is suggesting she would have the same success against men? She’s a female basketball player playing with women.

I’m merely laughing at the “men” on this site who feel the need to make fun of, name call and tear down the accomplishments Clark has achieved in her sport.

It’s something i doubt they would be saying to their daughters, moms, wives or girlfriends.

That’s why woman’s sports is smartly riding the horse right now. Do you realize just how much money she has made for every road school Iowa has played at and every network Iowa has played on? Minneapolis is going to make DOUBLE the money that last years B1G woman’s CBB host city made.

The horse quickly running out of legs isn’t specific to gender, activity or occupation.

..and although CC played Boys AAU BB from 2009-2016 and even won an AAU championship with her team, who is suggesting she would have the same success against men? She’s a female basketball player playing with women.

I’m merely laughing at the “men” on this site who feel the need to make fun of, name call and tear down the accomplishments Clark has achieved in her sport.

It’s something i doubt they would be saying to their daughters, moms, wives or girlfriends.

1) I do. The top 4 of 6 most viewed women's CBB games involved Iowa. I watched the Iowa/Nebraska women's BB game with my GF and her friends at the local dive bar. Not a one of them cares about CC outside of that. I highly doubt they'll be tuning into the WNBA to see her play.

2) Is that why the suspicion that CC is actually a dude?

3) Men don't have to say those things to their daughters, moms, wives, or girlfriends. They already know CC wouldn't be competitive against men.

1) I do. The top 4 of 6 most viewed women's CBB games involved Iowa. I watched the Iowa/Nebraska women's BB game with my GF and her friends at the local dive bar. Not a one of them cares about CC outside of that. I highly doubt they'll be tuning into the WNBA to see her play.

2) Is that why the suspicion that CC is actually a dude?

3) Men don't have to say those things to their daughters, moms, wives, or girlfriends. They already know CC wouldn't be competitive against men.
Okay, have a nice day.

Like who?

No stupider than the flop.....thats gotta be the worst acting job of all-time......and then to need teammates help her off the court......

Ya ok......:rolleyes2:

No stupider than the flop.....thats gotta be the worst acting job of all-time......and then to need teammates help her off the court......

Ya ok......:rolleyes2:
You're trying to hard

12.3 million viewers for Iowa/LSU. Outdrew every Men's E8 game except NC State vs. Duke.