Im sure this has been asked PS5 or the rare Xbox Series X?

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,256.00
I'm tired of not being able to find an Xbox Series X and any that I do find the cost is like $800 when I originally thought it was going to be $500. Then I got to wondering, if they are even making games for the Xbox Series X because you can't find a console anywhere. I was determined to go back to Xbox when I heard they were getting MLB The Show. I had a PS4 because I wanted to play the Show, but have always been an Xbox fan.

However, I am wanting to play updated video games and all I got is a PS4 and a 360. It doesn't seem like I am going to be able to get an affordable Series X anytime soon, but I have noticed PS5's are pretty readily available in stores. Is the PS5 better than the Series X? Who here is a PS5 fan as opposed to a Series X fan? I was not a fan of the PS4 and was excited to be going back to the Xbox, especially with what sounds like will be college football returning next Summer.

I'm tired of not being able to find an Xbox Series X and any that I do find the cost is like $800 when I originally thought it was going to be $500. Then I got to wondering, if they are even making games for the Xbox Series X because you can't find a console anywhere. I was determined to go back to Xbox when I heard they were getting MLB The Show. I had a PS4 because I wanted to play the Show, but have always been an Xbox fan.

However, I am wanting to play updated video games and all I got is a PS4 and a 360. It doesn't seem like I am going to be able to get an affordable Series X anytime soon, but I have noticed PS5's are pretty readily available in stores. Is the PS5 better than the Series X? Who here is a PS5 fan as opposed to a Series X fan? I was not a fan of the PS4 and was excited to be going back to the Xbox, especially with what sounds like will be college football returning next Summer.
First, if you have a PS4 id probably wait on getting a PS5 personally. Second, what store have you seen a PS5 in??? no seriously because picking up a PS5 is even more rare. Third, if you put in the same effort you did to write this post you would have been able to get a Series X by now, they have weekly drops if you followed the news on it there are articles in my news feed constantly about drops taking place. Microsoft might even have an All access plan where you pay monthly for the Series X and Game Pass Ultimate (the netflix of gaming thing) i cant remember if you save any money that way or not but it is a way they have moved toward to combat scalpers.

Current Gen (PS5 Series X) are no where near optimized for the raw power they have so that is why i suggest you keep your PS4 for the moment.

Also if you havent been following Microsoft has been scooping up gaming companies left and right (Activision deal made just recently to be completed by end of the year)

First, if you have a PS4 id probably wait on getting a PS5 personally. Second, what store have you seen a PS5 in??? no seriously because picking up a PS5 is even more rare. Third, if you put in the same effort you did to write this post you would have been able to get a Series X by now, they have weekly drops if you followed the news on it there are articles in my news feed constantly about drops taking place. Microsoft might even have an All access plan where you pay monthly for the Series X and Game Pass Ultimate (the netflix of gaming thing) i cant remember if you save any money that way or not but it is a way they have moved toward to combat scalpers.

Current Gen (PS5 Series X) are no where near optimized for the raw power they have so that is why i suggest you keep your PS4 for the moment.

Also if you havent been following Microsoft has been scooping up gaming companies left and right (Activision deal made just recently to be completed by end of the year)

So you’re saying PS5 and Series X are before their time. Does that mean they’ll be here for the next 5-8 years before they get replaced with a new console?

So you’re saying PS5 and Series X are before their time. Does that mean they’ll be here for the next 5-8 years before they get replaced with a new console?
What i am saying is like any new console that is leaps forward in power it takes time for the studios to catch up. While in 2017 the One X was released the Xbox One S was still being manufactured and released which was a refresh but same for the most part as the original Xbox One which was like 1.7 teraflops where One X was 6 teraflops. I want to say it was last year that i had some games that really took advantage of the One X with better graphics (shadows, detail, reflections, lighting etc) Now the One X is 4k capable but the Series S isnt so it isnt as simple as just porting or changing settings even though the Series X is more than capable for 4k this fall going forward will be the first releases where priority development is done for the new generation as devs stop even publishing for previous generation of console. There will likely be a refresh (similar to the One X) here holiday of 23 but it wont replace the Series X it will likely just be more powerful new architectures, more efficient IPC etc i dont see gaming going to 8k for any practical purpose for quite some time regardless of how capable it is. Hell the 2023 could just be an all digital version of the series X for cheaper.

Personally i have 2 Series X they are stable and a lot of titles have been working on taking advantage of their capabilities but we still havent gotten to where the ultra fast storage makes much of a difference outside load times just yet. Game pass ultimate is worth it, tons of titles and whenever a microsoft studio releases a new title it is immediately available (they recently purchased Zenimax/Bethesda, and Activision) they have a deal with EA for basically EA Access or wtf ever EA calls their sub model that is similar to game pass ultimate but it is wrapped up into ultimate right now.

Im the type that loves living on the bleeding edge of technology, that comes with its perks and drawbacks.

If i were you id ether get a Series X (i dont know how immediate you really want it) or just wait and see. Another thing if you are really seeing PS5's for sale you can scalp that and get a series x if that is what you want also

not sure if you PC game but game pass ultimate on Console gives you game pass on your PC too ;)

What i am saying is like any new console that is leaps forward in power it takes time for the studios to catch up. While in 2017 the One X was released the Xbox One S was still being manufactured and released which was a refresh but same for the most part as the original Xbox One which was like 1.7 teraflops where One X was 6 teraflops. I want to say it was last year that i had some games that really took advantage of the One X with better graphics (shadows, detail, reflections, lighting etc) Now the One X is 4k capable but the Series S isnt so it isnt as simple as just porting or changing settings even though the Series X is more than capable for 4k this fall going forward will be the first releases where priority development is done for the new generation as devs stop even publishing for previous generation of console. There will likely be a refresh (similar to the One X) here holiday of 23 but it wont replace the Series X it will likely just be more powerful new architectures, more efficient IPC etc i dont see gaming going to 8k for any practical purpose for quite some time regardless of how capable it is. Hell the 2023 could just be an all digital version of the series X for cheaper.

Personally i have 2 Series X they are stable and a lot of titles have been working on taking advantage of their capabilities but we still havent gotten to where the ultra fast storage makes much of a difference outside load times just yet. Game pass ultimate is worth it, tons of titles and whenever a microsoft studio releases a new title it is immediately available (they recently purchased Zenimax/Bethesda, and Activision) they have a deal with EA for basically EA Access or wtf ever EA calls their sub model that is similar to game pass ultimate but it is wrapped up into ultimate right now.

Im the type that loves living on the bleeding edge of technology, that comes with its perks and drawbacks.

If i were you id ether get a Series X (i dont know how immediate you really want it) or just wait and see. Another thing if you are really seeing PS5's for sale you can scalp that and get a series x if that is what you want also

not sure if you PC game but game pass ultimate on Console gives you game pass on your PC too ;)
I’d much prefer a series X but I don’t want to go to Walmart at 3am to buy it for $700. If I can get it for $500 then maybe, if I can get it for $500 at 9am I’m in.

I want to get one before the MLB season as I’d like to play The Show. I’d most certainly want to get one before next football season as I want to play the new Madden and maybe NHL

I’d much prefer a series X but I don’t want to go to Walmart at 3am to buy it for $700. If I can get it for $500 then maybe, if I can get it for $500 at 9am I’m in.

I want to get one before the MLB season as I’d like to play The Show. I’d most certainly want to get one before next football season as I want to play the new Madden and maybe NHL
walmart wont charge you 700 for it at 3am

so yea when you look on walmart or bestbuy or those websites you have to understand that they are an online marketplace like ebay or amazon and allow 3rd party sellers so when you see those scalper prices that isnt actually walmart selling that is a scalper

Ive had my best luck getting hard to get stuff from best buy. Amazon fucked around on my CPU for a month when in the same time i got it ordered at Best Buy and picked up when getting that was harder than either console same for GPU got it on a stock drop online from Best Buy (FYI they usually drop tuesday/thursday and its usually 9-11 Central time)

i don't play video games enough to chase new systems, hell, i think I bought the PS4 a bit after the fact for the 4k capability for streaming or something. getting my ass kicked playing one of their free games from a few months ago, remnant from the ashes. good times, but so fucking frustrating.

revenge of the nerds GIF

I get wanting new cool things, but you don’t need a series x or PS5 to play any of those games.

If you think it’s worth it for faster loading times or whatever, more power to you. But to my eye, just wait at this point.

I get wanting new cool things, but you don’t need a series x or PS5 to play any of those games.

If you think it’s worth it for faster loading times or whatever, more power to you. But to my eye, just wait at this point.

This is not wrong, the biggest changes will start coming Holiday 22 and moving forward, now that devs dont build for past generation with just minor enhancements for current gen (PS5/Series X)

We have Series X, S, and PS5. The trick was to follow one of those guys on YouTube that listens out for when the stores are going to do a "drop" of consoles and then follow the procedures he lays out on how to get one in your cart.

We did it pre Christmas and scored a PS5. We had a Series X and S in the cart but the app didn't like there being two people using one account to add stuff so we came out with just the Series S, the app deleted the X.

But I don't know if he's monitoring for "drops" now since it is not christmas.

Interesting, I was more into the new consoles for better graphics and smoother gameplay, but it seems the graphics aren't all that better yet.

Interesting, I was more into the new consoles for better graphics and smoother gameplay, but it seems the graphics aren't all that better yet.
Graphics will be better resolution on series x than series s but will be on par with one x til holiday this year. Gameplay is absolutely smoother than all others too

Resellers piss me off. Should be illegal

Will add, if the show is your jam, it’s releasing on game pass day one (apparently it did last year too), I just preinstalled it yesterday. So if you’re planning on getting an Xbox anyway that might be a reason to try to find one sooner. Even if the graphics aren’t much better at this point if you’re gonna go that route anyway you’d save the cost of that game.

Will add, if the show is your jam, it’s releasing on game pass day one (apparently it did last year too), I just preinstalled it yesterday. So if you’re planning on getting an Xbox anyway that might be a reason to try to find one sooner. Even if the graphics aren’t much better at this point if you’re gonna go that route anyway you’d save the cost of that game.
Yea game pass pays for itself if you factor in 3 games a year