Im sure this has been asked PS5 or the rare Xbox Series X?

Will add, if the show is your jam, it’s releasing on game pass day one (apparently it did last year too), I just preinstalled it yesterday. So if you’re planning on getting an Xbox anyway that might be a reason to try to find one sooner. Even if the graphics aren’t much better at this point if you’re gonna go that route anyway you’d save the cost of that game.
My plan with The Show has always been to play every single game of the baseball season and carry my dynasty into the following years game because what's awesome about the show is that (or at least it used to be) What you did for your season on MLB The Show 17 carried into MLB The Show 18. I always thought this was a dynasty concept that should've been adopted by NBA and Madden.

The problem here is playing every single game of the MLB season is a grind and if you don't get started on time you fall behind quickly. I just dont know if I'll be able to accomplish it this year and may just postpone my purchase of the console until this Summer and hopefully get it for Madden.

In the meantime, i am thinking I may just by NHL '22 for the PS4.

This is asinine. I have been rather active in looking for the series x and it's impossible to get, unless i want to pay extra membership fees at these big stores that may raise my chances of getting one, but sorry I am not going to become an elite member of Walmart and pay $100 annual fee or something like that just to have maybe better chances of getting a series x.

The damn thing has been out for what? Going on 2 years? Get this figured out.

This is asinine. I have been rather active in looking for the series x and it's impossible to get, unless i want to pay extra membership fees at these big stores that may raise my chances of getting one, but sorry I am not going to become an elite member of Walmart and pay $100 annual fee or something like that just to have maybe better chances of getting a series x.

The damn thing has been out for what? Going on 2 years? Get this figured out.
Just over a year and I've had opportunities to buy them no subscription fee at MSRP but don't need another. The market will be even better soon. Have you tried an instock alerting app or extension?

Just over a year and I've had opportunities to buy them no subscription fee at MSRP but don't need another. The market will be even better soon. Have you tried an instock alerting app or extension?
I check almost daily. Where are you seeing them?

You just order them from Microsoft? On the tracker thing it always says they are sold out. And is it for $499 or the prices you see that are like $850
I've seen them for $499.

Like I've said before, I don't have any interest in getting one until theres a reason to. Right now, it's just a dick measuring contest and better load times.

I've seen them for $499.

Like I've said before, I don't have any interest in getting one until theres a reason to. Right now, it's just a dick measuring contest and better load times.
Huge reason I want to get one is because I want to get MLB The Show and with MLB The Show franchise modes the seasons actually carry over from season to season. So if you run a franchise in The Show 22, play every game of that season, set trades, etc. It carries over into The Show 23. So that is why I am wanting the console now is because I would like to start that real life continued franchise mode.

Huge reason I want to get one is because I want to get MLB The Show and with MLB The Show franchise modes the seasons actually carry over from season to season. So if you run a franchise in The Show 22, play every game of that season, set trades, etc. It carries over into The Show 23. So that is why I am wanting the console now is because I would like to start that real life continued franchise mode.
You can get a series s, then sell it when the x is more available. You’re making this too hard man.

You can get a series s, then sell it when the x is more available. You’re making this too hard man.
I got a ps4 right now that i feel can get me by because i dont think the series s is all that much of an upgrade from the ps4 to pay $300. So i dont want to spend $300 on a new system only to hopefully buy a $500 system in a year.

I just really want to do that continuation of MLB The Show franchise mode.

I got a ps4 right now that i feel can get me by because i dont think the series s is all that much of an upgrade from the ps4 to pay $300. So i dont want to spend $300 on a new system only to hopefully buy a $500 system in a year.

I just really want to do that continuation of MLB The Show franchise mode.
It’s not all that much better, but neither is the series x at this point. They seem to hold their value pretty well, the point was if you’re that desperate to want to be able to continue your the show progress on the next gen, that’s how you can do it, you could even trade it in for a series x when they’re more available if you don’t want to hassle with selling. Think of it like you’re renting it.

Or just roll with your PS4… you’re presenting problems, I got the solutions.

It’s not all that much better, but neither is the series x at this point. They seem to hold their value pretty well, the point was if you’re that desperate to want to be able to continue your the show progress on the next gen, that’s how you can do it, you could even trade it in for a series x when they’re more available if you don’t want to hassle with selling. Think of it like you’re renting it.

Or just roll with your PS4… you’re presenting problems, I got the solutions.
Does it work that way? It's a completely different system.

so you plan on just playing MLB The Show, you dont plan on getting Xbox Live or Game Pass?

I don’t know man. Games are labeled with “x/s” so I don’t see why not. But I’m not an expert on such things.

I don’t know man. Games are labeled with “x/s” so I don’t see why not. But I’m not an expert on such things.
X/S are the same generation. the only difference on the software side is resolution and detail/effect settings but they run of the exact same code that is why there is "X/S" games that would also mean there is no different in the save data since it is the same generation. It is the difference of a One S vs One X fundamentally they are the same software but with much different hardware capabilities and just because you play a One X enhanced game you could still go back and forth between the 2 consoles the difference is graphic fidelity

TLDR yes Series X and Series S are 100% and will always have progress shared these are not cross generational issues.

X/S are the same generation. the only difference on the software side is resolution and detail/effect settings but they run of the exact same code that is why there is "X/S" games that would also mean there is no different in the save data since it is the same generation. It is the difference of a One S vs One X fundamentally they are the same software but with much different hardware capabilities and just because you play a One X enhanced game you could still go back and forth between the 2 consoles the difference is graphic fidelity
But if i save my franchise on the series s and next year have a series x, will my franchise carry over? because wouldnt my saved data all be on the "S"?

But if i save my franchise on the series s and next year have a series x, will my franchise carry over? because wouldnt my saved data all be on the "S"?
Xbox hasnt saved data locally since the One came out (for all intents and purposes, it has a local "cache" of save data but the "master" save data is cloud saved)
everything is saved in the cloud.

If you buy a Series S, it will save progression to your Account not the console. So if you buy a series X it will just be there, you will load up the game the game talks to the servers downloads the save data and away you go, once in a blue moon there is a "sync" issue but usually you click "retry" or somethign to that effect and boom it downloads from the cloud your most recent save.

If you swap consoles often it proves to be the biggest pain (my wife and i sometimes play "alternate accounts" and we share a couple so that is the only time when the save data gets synced from one and then we immediately go and load it up on the other but even that is fixed by a retry click

Interesting! Now I guess I should see if MLB The Show still actually does the continuation for franchise mode. Which IMO is a feature every single sports game should have.