Insights To Nick Saban Retiring

Collectives will soon, if not already, just turn into investments that pay out in interest and other gains to players. Similar to that of school endowments. That's the only way these are sustainable without perpetual contributions forever.
There is no return. It's pay-for-play. Investors invest because it's their alma mater. There is no value in the Collectives other than collecting money, signing some small deals for some players, and then distributing the money they have collected from the alumni and fans.

Vanessa Lachey Hawaii GIF by CBS

Kirby is the chip off the old block. His talent level on his teams is reaching the Saban level, if not better than Sabans. Kirby is going to see his issues with keeping a team together, much like Saban was seeing in the end. All coaches will see this. You might get a diamond in the rough at some smaller school, but if a kid has a stellar year, his options for big money will be opened up exponentially and he will leave for greener pastures. This is how it will work from now on and big money schools will be able to stay on top simply by having the best paid roster in college ball, meanwhile the have nots will wilt and die, or go down a level.
Oh, I agree. But the big difference is that I am not the one whining about the state of my team. Kirby gets $10 million per year, I don't give a fuck if his job is tougher now. They could pay me a couple million a year and I'll do all the shit work.

Oh, I agree. But the big difference is that I am not the one whining about the state of my team. Kirby gets $10 million per year, I don't give a fuck if his job is tougher now. They could pay me a couple million a year and I'll do all the shit work.
Saban is no longer coaching, didnt you hear? He is an Analyst on TV now. He will be allowed to espouse any viewpoint he chooses, and it not cause harm to any team. And he will be able to do so because he is a former coach with a unique perspective on what is actually happening. Kirby has options though. His NFL stock will be major if he manages another title run this coming season. In the NFL, all they have to worry about is coaching the players that the management and ownership gets for them. When you can get paid more to coach less headaches, this is a no brainer.

lol. Yes I’m sure every player over the last 15 years chose Alabama for the personal development, academic success and graduating.

They were able to sell an NFL career because nothing else was ever expected of them.
If you look at graduation rates, Bama ranked pretty high on football player graduations. They also put a very large amount of players in the NFL. Both can exist at the same time and both be true.

I don’t know how to day this any clearer, I’m not going to be the head coach at Alabama
No one, including Nick, had asked Miss Terry yet. She knew different as Mal Moore soon found out.

Well he fixed the problem.....

1aa6ed91-13c0-4c97-a5eb-3f39a4d16150_text.gif
At a high school level, that would have been an awesome game to watch for the winning side, not so much from the losing side.

First, that won't happen at the HS level. No one is paying HS players that type of money. Second, this will self-regulate ... there is already donor fatigue. Third, the game has never been more popular. Every time something changes people saying it's being ruined. It's not being ruined, it's just changing because it's so popular that there is so much money to be made.
I'm not sure it won't happen in high school.

No one has tried to apply the SCOTUS ruling to high school sports yet but that test is coming as soon as an attorney can figure out how to make money off it.

In Alabama 7A football there are already "incentives" being given out for kids to play at their school and I know this for fact. You'll see a kid play for two years at one school and then his parents all of sudden rent an apartment in another district and enroll their kid.

I know for a fact certain kids that play at our local high school have been approached but its all he said she said stuff.

It's coming but won't be as wide spread and it will be a shit show.

If you look at graduation rates, Bama ranked pretty high on football player graduations. They also put a very large amount of players in the NFL. Both can exist at the same time and both be true.
Yes I’m sure the recreation science major was a rigorous course of study.

No one has tried to apply the SCOTUS ruling to high school sports yet but that test is coming as soon as an attorney can figure out how to make money off it.

In Alabama 7A football there are already "incentives" being given out for kids to play at their school and I know this for fact. You'll see a kid play for two years at one school and then his parents all of sudden rent an apartment in another district and enroll their kid.

I know for a fact certain kids that play at our local high school have been approached but its all he said she said stuff.

There have been accusations of that in parochial schools for years. I have heard of cases in both Illinois and Wisconsin.

Look, it might happen in some states at some level ... I mean Texas HS have 40 million dollar stadiums. But in most areas, high school football doesn't mean shit.

There have always been high school cheaters ... mostly recruiting, paying for parents to move into a district, etc. The problem you have is there won't be the anti-trust aspect because there is no huge commercial value. HS football isn't going to suddenly get multi-billion dollar TV contracts. Coaches are getting paid millions.

You will get the Little Bron and Zeus type situations in basketball, but it will be the exception, not the rules. And because this is all local, the anti-trust aspect just isn't there to keep the schools from enforcing their rules. It's not mutli-state, so you won't have one state legislature passing rules that affect another.

Yes I’m sure the recreation science major was a rigorous course of study.
Stop acting like your players take the same rigorous classes as the main student body. Your players also take shit classes. And, there are some Bama players who do take tougher classes, just not a lot of them. Most of your football players couldn't get into ND unless they could play football. You are no different.

Right. Michigan has never cheated, ever.
outside stallions, when have you heard of them doing anything illegal?? Fab 5 is all i can think of.. and let's not act like they were grabbing the cream of the crop in recruiting..
It's most likely booster fatigue.

Nick's just not 'directly' saying it.

It's booster fatigue for the ones that had no clue on how to set these types of things up in the first place..TCU went guns blazing and it got shit in return after the CFP run
High school players are already getting valuations in the millions. Whether their state allows NIL or not, I am not sure, but a simple google search shows some basketball and football players being valued in the millions already, at the high school level. Yes these kids will find a sucker. As was the case with the Albert Means recruitment back in the early 2000's. His coach sold his value to a group of boosters willing to pony up $200K for an overweight and very lackluster player. He was terminated from his NLI after news broke the boosters paid him, and he eventually signed with Memphis, and became a footnote in a career that never lived up to the hype or promise. He never made an NFL roster except in preseason, where he was let go. He never was worth even that money. This is the point, NIL for these high school kids is going to breed kids that are all about the money, not the game. And this will not self regulate itself. Look at what these kids are getting now. Some in college were being paid more than some of the starters in the NFL.
lol in the millions.. if that were true it would be the very few... the ones Saban used to get for by paying the parents off and getting a kid a new hellcat...
It can't be cheap keeping a roster like Bama's intact.

Like others have said..... Especially now that going rates are on the table.

Basically Saban gets through spring practice and has a pretty good idea who's gonna get playing time. Are they practicing with the one's or two's, or on the scout team?
Then comes the next transfer portal window April 15 - 30th and he's got a bunch of guys that want to shop around. Whether that be for the $$ or the playing time elsewhere.

He could literally be starting over come fall practice.
People will use the portal and NIL as examples of Nicks undoing.. why don't you go check out that famed '21 class... look how many misses there were.. and it's not like the classes since then looked remotely to the classes he was bringing in the 2010's
Michigan returned a lot of veteran players last season.

Saban's problem was that so many players were leaving early for the NFL. His roster was so deep in talent he could just reload year-in and year-out and stay elite.

Enter the transfer portal for players who don't want to sit the bench, and NIL for those that know their worth, and that's a game changer for the GOAT.
Saban's issue like most schools... he couldn't keep hiring homeruns as assistants.. he had Golding then showed him the door.. he hasn't had a good OC since Stark/Lane... Rees sucks

Stop acting like your players take the same rigorous classes as the main student body. Your players also take shit classes. And, there are some Bama players who do take tougher classes, just not a lot of them. Most of your football players couldn't get into ND unless they could play football. You are no different.
It's always hilarious listening to fans of teams like this acting as if it's such an incredible burden for them when Stanford has had a history of pulling in blue-chippers.

So your players dont come back to finish their education once they go to the NFL? I hear about Alabama players doing so all the time, even years after they left. The point of all of this is about "kids" being influenced by money instead of the competition, game, and the sport they love to play. Money is ruining this game, more so now that the NCAA has practically been rendered useless where this is concerned.
I don't care if they go back or not. Unless they are dumbasses with dumbass agents, the pro team they played for are paying for them to go back and finish their degree.