Insights To Nick Saban Retiring

Stop acting like your players take the same rigorous classes as the main student body. Your players also take shit classes. And, there are some Bama players who do take tougher classes, just not a lot of them. Most of your football players couldn't get into ND unless they could play football. You are no different.
Um actually they take the same classses as everyone else. Thats the big knock on their recruiting and a big pitch made by other schools to negatively recruit players.

They’re not in athlete only dorms they’re mixed in with the general student body.

Yes they have taken players that wouldn’t ordinarily qualify but then again their acceptance rate is about 12% so I’m not sure what your problem is here. And also they’ve had to turn away athletes that couldn’t qualify even those lower standards for athletes.

Tell me, what are the easy majors that players get to take at ND?

Um actually they take the same classses as everyone else. Thats the big knock on their recruiting and a big pitch made by other schools to negatively recruit players.

They’re not in athlete only dorms they’re mixed in with the general student body.

Yes they have taken players that wouldn’t ordinarily qualify but then again their acceptance rate is about 12% so I’m not sure what your problem is here. And also they’ve had to turn away athletes that couldn’t qualify even those lower standards for athletes.

Is there not a "religious philosophy/studies" like at TCU?

They do have a seminary school there but unless you’re going to be a priest I don’t think that’s an ordinary course of study.

I think they have religion classes as a requirement to graduate but again I think that’s for everybody not designed specifically to keep athletes eligible.

Saban is no longer coaching, didnt you hear? He is an Analyst on TV now. He will be allowed to espouse any viewpoint he chooses, and it not cause harm to any team. And he will be able to do so because he is a former coach with a unique perspective on what is actually happening. Kirby has options though. His NFL stock will be major if he manages another title run this coming season. In the NFL, all they have to worry about is coaching the players that the management and ownership gets for them. When you can get paid more to coach less headaches, this is a no brainer.
lol..sure now that Jimbo is gone

From what I read, they have a cumulative GPA of 3.4 while also having football. I'm sure most of them aren't chemical engineers.

It's booster fatigue for the ones that had no clue on how to set these types of things up in the first place..TCU went guns blazing and it got shit in return after the CFP run
UGA and others are having the same issue. At some point, they aren't going to keep ponying up. You oil guys might be different, but the run of the mill millionaires aren't going to do this year in and year out.
People will use the portal and NIL as examples of Nicks undoing.. why don't you go check out that famed '21 class... look how many misses there were.. and it's not like the classes since then looked remotely to the classes he was bringing in the 2010's

Saban's issue like most schools... he couldn't keep hiring homeruns as assistants.. he had Golding then showed him the door.. he hasn't had a good OC since Stark/Lane... Rees sucks
A lot of truth here ... he wasn't getting the assistants because I think they saw the end coming. And who wants to jump into that? He said it was affecting his recruiting even though the rankings didn't show that. And their evals were truly off. I think those two go hand in hand. Maenwhile, UGA was evaluating really, really well.

One thing Bama people won't admit, but it might just be that Kirby was a really important part of Bama's recruiting. When he left, that left a pretty big hole.

lol..sure now that Jimbo is gone
Jimbo is gone of his own undoing. Hell, that school bought a top tier roster of players and Jimbo still lost 3-4 games with them. He could not coach, that was his biggest issue.

I don't care if they go back or not. Unless they are dumbasses with dumbass agents, the pro team they played for are paying for them to go back and finish their degree.
This is true, The point is, they are returning to finish the degrees they started when they played for the University. No matter who is paying for it, the degree is completed. So they did get an education along the way to playing for the university of their choice.

From what I read, they have a cumulative GPA of 3.4 while also having football. I'm sure most of them aren't chemical engineers.
Without looking it up I’d bet most are business majors.

I am not saying you are UNC with their AA Studies classes, but I went to Vanderbilt and I could have built a major around some really easy classes had I wanted to. I am sure that like VU, Duke, Stanford, your academics are more rigorous. But you have your share of easy classes, and I can assure you the football players will find them.

There is no return. It's pay-for-play. Investors invest because it's their alma mater. There is no value in the Collectives other than collecting money, signing some small deals for some players, and then distributing the money they have collected from the alumni and fans.
I'm not saying there's a return, I'm saying that collectives will soon mimic endowments. IE big donors will give $200 million to some collective (and likely end up being controlled by the school, not a private entity) and that will go into a pool that's invested. Those investments will gain interest and returns, that are used to pay players directly from schools.

Most college freshman and sophomores are federal studies with no declared majors.

outside stallions, when have you heard of them doing anything illegal?? Fab 5 is all i can think of.. and let's not act like they were grabbing the cream of the crop in recruiting..
Heard of, and being caught for are usually two sides of a very different coin. Much like your comment below, you heard of rumors, but no one was snooping around with proof of these allegations. They were simply rumors.
lol in the millions.. if that were true it would be the very few... the ones Saban used to get for by paying the parents off and getting a kid a new hellcat...
Never claimed otherwise, but the fact there are shows that it is happening. Hell a Superbowl QB didnt make millions for taking his team to the Superbowl, yet how many players in college made that much or more for one year playing "amateur" football? These are undeniable facts.
I am not discussing rumors of things you heard from a third hand source who heard it from someones teachers mother that got it from their son, who went to a University on the West Coast. If you want to discuss facts, then comment on how college players got more money playing "amateur" college football than a starting QB did in the NFL, a Professional league that can pay its players.
People will use the portal and NIL as examples of Nicks undoing.. why don't you go check out that famed '21 class... look how many misses there were.. and it's not like the classes since then looked remotely to the classes he was bringing in the 2010's

Saban's issue like most schools... he couldn't keep hiring homeruns as assistants.. he had Golding then showed him the door.. he hasn't had a good OC since Stark/Lane... Rees sucks
And yet, Saban was still bringing in top recruiting classes as of the day he left. Bama still ended up with the number two class, after losing Sayin to Tosu and another top player to FSU. Imagine where they would have been had those two players stayed. His issue was being able to maintain top OC's and DC's. As for Golding, he was a joke, and now he is Ole Miss's problem.

I am not saying you are UNC with their AA Studies classes, but I went to Vanderbilt and I could have built a major around some really easy classes had I wanted to. I am sure that like VU, Duke, Stanford, your academics are more rigorous. But you have your share of easy classes, and I can assure you the football players will find them.
And I’m saying while there may be easier classes in here aren’t “easy” majors and the core classes to obtain a diploma in those majors aren’t easy. For example outside of a few arts and letters majors most everyone must take at least one semester of calculus.

And I’m saying while there may be easier classes in here aren’t “easy” majors and the core classes to obtain a diploma in those majors aren’t easy. For example outside of a few arts and letters majors most everyone must take at least one semester of calculus.
That's the stupidest, most arbitrary requirement I've ever heard.

UGA and others are having the same issue. At some point, they aren't going to keep ponying up. You oil guys might be different, but the run of the mill millionaires aren't going to do this year in and year out.
it's not about throwing the money out there like that.. collectives all around just raise the floor.. Everyone keeps thinking UT is just paying everyone the same deal of a lambo and cash.. but it's not.. lots of corporate sponsorships are paying the players with the bigger names on top of the floor.

not even UT could continue paying just to pay like some others.. Sark and Co are really wise when it comes to identifying the players who are worth going all in for.. the strength of the UT NIL machine isn't who they are getting, it's the retention of players...

One of the great signs is the OL haul they grabbed in '21.. none of those guys have left and it was widely assumed they were going to hit the portal.. now maybe next month it could happen but after 3 years.. it's amazing.

I'm not saying there's a return, I'm saying that collectives will soon mimic endowments. IE big donors will give $200 million to some collective (and likely end up being controlled by the school, not a private entity) and that will go into a pool that's invested. Those investments will gain interest and returns, that are used to pay players directly from schools.
so basically..

1709759919241.png

heard that TCU is breaking away from the christian part like SMU did with the methodist...

That's the stupidest, most arbitrary requirement I've ever heard.
Depends on your major. Pretty much any math or science based major or business major they have to take it. Players for years have dreaded getting by that requirement.

Depends on your major. Pretty much any math or science based major or business major they have to take it. Players for years have dreaded getting by that requirement.
Math and science majors make sense. Business majors? No reason for that.