iPhone

Google is killing off Play Music and forcing you to pay to cast to Google's own smart home devices now.

Convince me to go to iPhone. Go.

iPhoneSE-ft.jpg

downloadsdfsdfsdf.jpg

iPhone 11 here. Couldn't justify the cost for higher models. Went all the way up from a 6S Plus, and tbh, wish I had just stuck with what I had. It's not that much better but I'm planning on getting a good cinematic lens for it and will start getting video footage with it.

Just get a GoPro. $49 a year and you get unlimited storage and up to 50% off accessories. The Hero 8 has a lot of really cool features. Thinking it's time to buy a drone.

But if you want to stick with your phone....get one of these and attach the phone to it.

1598715585380.png

Google is killing off Play Music and forcing you to pay to cast to Google's own smart home devices now.

They’ve apparently been killing off play music for years now. Don’t know why that’s play into your choice though, all the same music apps are available on both platforms.

I don’t really care to convince anyone about what phone they should use, and I already told my experience with the whole thing, which is for me, after I struggled to make it 2 years with every higher end android brand I ever had, learning apple doesn’t let carriers load all their bloated shit onto their product or control the updates was enough for me to try it. Then it all held up, was going strong for close to 3 years until I dropped it and it fell perfectly onto a rock to destroy the screen.

Now they’re pissing off Facebook and others by coming out with new privacy features that will fuck with their ad tracking. What’s not to like?

What a bunch of sissies.

I’ll still keepin it gangsta

7996D968-6B17-45C6-A829-1171F99DCA7D.jpeg

They’ve apparently been killing off play music for years now. Don’t know why that’s play into your choice though, all the same music apps are available on both platforms.

I don’t really care to convince anyone about what phone they should use, and I already told my experience with the whole thing, which is for me, after I struggled to make it 2 years with every higher end android brand I ever had, learning apple doesn’t let carriers load all their bloated shit onto their product or control the updates was enough for me to try it. Then it all held up, was going strong for close to 3 years until I dropped it and it fell perfectly onto a rock to destroy the screen.

Now they’re pissing off Facebook and others by coming out with new privacy features that will fuck with their ad tracking. What’s not to like?

It plays in because you cannot cast to smart devices anymore with YTM, without a paid subscription. There's also no offline play without downloading the music itself. Not to mention the UI is complete fucking garbage. GPM is an app I use 8+ hours a day during the week and 2+ hours a week on weekends.

It also suggests that they likely will kill Play Movies, since they offer your uploads on YouTube as well. Though I don't know if you can cast YouTube to your devices or not...but I know you can Play Movies.

I understand the economics behind it, there's far more likely that more people use YouTube to listen to music now, than people who buy music through Google Play Music. I'm not sure how smart the idea is to rob Paying Peter to pay Poor Paul, but I'm looking to jump ship along with a fuckton of other people, judging by the Google Play Music reddit community and other articles.

I have Android, but I have confirmed that both can make phone calls.

You're too stupid to own an iPhone in the first place. Nothing I say now will change your mind.

You're too stupid to own an iPhone in the first place. Nothing I say now will change your mind.

Isn't the appeal of iPhone that it is so user friendly?

Maybe the transition would take some time?

Isn't the appeal of iPhone that it is so user friendly?

Maybe the transition would take some time?

The intuitiveness of iOS would be lost on douche because he thinks about everything wrong. Except for basketball... he is completely right about basketball.

I think you'll be sorry. My ex-wife did the same thing and she regretted it deeply. It's difficult to go from Apple to Droid. You should get the 12. Supposed to be the biggest update since the 6. I really wish I had waited.

Everything that I have read.... Which is mainly hardware related.... Has said not to expect much difference in the 12 this year. A high refresh screen is a big plus but most likely only on the two bigger ones (if even those) and most other flagships have had high refresh screens for a year or two now. I think Apple planned on doing more for this generation awhile back, but 2020 fucked up some of that. We'll see soon.

Didn't they move everything to YouTube music?

I use Spotify on my Google assistant devices.

5s user checking in.

10 plus for me. Time to upgrade, my phone gets used a ton for work so its time for an upgrade with the 12. I love apple products, have the iPhone, iPad Pro, MacBook Pro, iMac and Apple Watch. But apple seriously needs to get rid of the notch, this is like 3 years running. The technology is there for no notch, or at least a smaller one, and under screen fingerprint sensor.

10 plus for me. Time to upgrade, my phone gets used a ton for work so its time for an upgrade with the 12. I love apple products, have the iPhone, iPad Pro, MacBook Pro, iMac and Apple Watch. But apple seriously needs to get rid of the notch, this is like 3 years running. The technology is there for no notch, or at least a smaller one, and under screen fingerprint sensor.

I think it'll be awhile before they give up the notch. There is some new Chinese tech trickling out that will put the front facing camera underneath the display, but that is just now hitting the market. With the way Apple does things I imagine that would be at least 3 or 4 years out for them.... If at all.

They could go pinhole camera with in-display fingerprint sensor like most androids are going, but they've invested a lot of time, money, effort, and marketing just to go back and basically admit that they should have followed the Asian companies lead to begin with. By the time they had that down then most competitors would probably already have the under display cameras rolling out and they would be late to the punch again.

I think it'll be awhile before they give up the notch. There is some new Chinese tech trickling out that will put the front facing camera underneath the display, but that is just now hitting the market. With the way Apple does things I imagine that would be at least 3 or 4 years out for them.... If at all.

They could go pinhole camera with in-display fingerprint sensor like most androids are going, but they've invested a lot of time, money, effort, and marketing just to go back and basically admit that they should have followed the Asian companies lead to begin with. By the time they had that down then most competitors would probably already have the under display cameras rolling out and they would be late to the punch again.
I think you're right. And Apple knows they can get by leaving the notch in place and upgrading other areas like the camera, or the iOS, or whatever the case maybe. And people will continue to buy it.

I think you're right. And Apple knows they can get by leaving the notch in place and upgrading other areas like the camera, or the iOS, or whatever the case maybe. And people will continue to buy it.

the notch affects my usage of the phone in exactly zero ways.

The notch doesn’t bother me at all. All about a finger print sensor though.

The notch doesn’t bother me at all. All about a finger print sensor though.
This year has proven that a fingerprint sensor is very useful with everyone having to wear a mask