iPhone

This year has proven that a fingerprint sensor is very useful with everyone having to wear a mask
I hate the facial recognition crap. Half the time, mine tells me I need to enter my PIN (six goddamn digits because I use my phone for work and they don't allow us to use the shorter ones) in order for me to use facial recognition. Um. WTH? How does that even make sense?!

I hate the facial recognition crap. Half the time, mine tells me I need to enter my PIN (six goddamn digits because I use my phone for work and they don't allow us to use the shorter ones) in order for me to use facial recognition. Um. WTH? How does that even make sense?!
Yeah I work in healthcare so I wear a mask all day every day and use my phone all the time for work. I'm constantly entering my code, which is also 6 digits

I've got facial recognition on my Pixel that is supposedly a little better than Apple's (not used Apple's personally though) and I'm about ready to go back to a fingerprint sensor too. Fingerprints are just faster and more accurate. Especially the older capacitive ones on the back. Under display sensors have come a long way in the last couple of years too though they say. OnePlus makes a really good/fast/accurate in display sensor. Samsung's is a little slower I think, but still good.

I've got facial recognition on my Pixel that is supposedly a little better than Apple's (not used Apple's personally though) and I'm about ready to go back to a fingerprint sensor too. Fingerprints are just faster and more accurate. Especially the older capacitive ones on the back. Under display sensors have come a long way in the last couple of years too though they say. OnePlus makes a really good/fast/accurate in display sensor. Samsung's is a little slower I think, but still good.
I prefer the fingerprint sensor a million times more. Not only can I open my phone without having to lift it to my face, i don't have to stand there like a dildo, waiting for it to recognize my face. When I'm standing in line to check out, every second counts.

I bought the 11 Pro last year because I got a massive discount. I am not completely sure if I’ll go back to Android or not yet. It doesn’t really matter to me since they all work about 95% the same. The only major difference to me is that Apple’s battery life is a lot better than the Google Pixel XL 2 that I had before it.

Should probably wait for the 12 to drop before I switch? The XS is still a dollar at att...

I have whatever I get for free with a renewal...it's an iPhone whatever.

Yesterday's software update gave me the delightful Apple translate. I've been playing with that all day.

It plays in because you cannot cast to smart devices anymore with YTM, without a paid subscription. There's also no offline play without downloading the music itself. Not to mention the UI is complete fucking garbage. GPM is an app I use 8+ hours a day during the week and 2+ hours a week on weekends.

It also suggests that they likely will kill Play Movies, since they offer your uploads on YouTube as well. Though I don't know if you can cast YouTube to your devices or not...but I know you can Play Movies.

I understand the economics behind it, there's far more likely that more people use YouTube to listen to music now, than people who buy music through Google Play Music. I'm not sure how smart the idea is to rob Paying Peter to pay Poor Paul, but I'm looking to jump ship along with a fuckton of other people, judging by the Google Play Music reddit community and other articles.

Welp, GPM is officially dead on my phone as of last night and my second point there was spot on...but they did something even more stupid than killing Play Movies and forcing to Youtube... they just rebranded Play Movies "Google TV"... I bet dollars to donuts they kill that too and force Youtube's branding/integration down the line...

The switch to Apple begins...

tried iPhone years ago...couldn't do it. I just don't like how they force you to use their apps.

good phone if you just want everything spoon fed to you.

I like my Pixel 4.

My 12 is coming tomorrow. The 5g combined with the $450 Verizon gave me to upgrade my XS motivated me to make the switch. Really looking to see if there are any improvements in crowded spaces (when those come back again). Specifically, next year at the stadium (hopefully) my phone will actually work during games and not functionally stop 3 hours before kickoff through 2 hours after kickoff. The rest really seems incremental off what I have even in my 2 year old XS.

tried iPhone years ago...couldn't do it. I just don't like how they force you to use their apps.

good phone if you just want everything spoon fed to you.

I like my Pixel 4.
They don’t force you to use their apps though... they let google and all the others into their App Store a long time ago... Their apps might be a better experience since they are designed specifically to work within their system, but that’s true for android and google too. I’ve never once felt at all restricted since switching to apple.

And as far as spoon feeding and being forced to use apps go, one of my favorite things, and one of the main reasons I’ll never switch back to android, they don’t allow carriers to install and force their bloated shit on you, and apple has very few apps that can’t be deleted preloaded on their phones (if any anymore).

They don’t force you to use their apps though... they let google and all the others into their App Store a long time ago... Their apps might be a better experience since they are designed specifically to work within their system, but that’s true for android and google too. I’ve never once felt at all restricted since switching to apple.

And as far as spoon feeding and being forced to use apps go, one of my favorite things, and one of the main reasons I’ll never switch back to android, they don’t allow carriers to install and force their bloated shit on you, and apple has very few apps that can’t be deleted preloaded on their phones (if any anymore).
maybe back when I had one, it was different...it was in the iPhone 4 or 5 timeframe.

I just like my Android. I won't go back.

maybe back when I had one, it was different...it was in the iPhone 4 or 5 timeframe.

I just like my Android. I won't go back.
Nothing wrong with that. I just don’t get the “you’re stuck and can’t do as much” arguments. There’s been no special android feature I’ve missed or even thought about. The extra customization and widget stuff is mostly gimmick kind of features, and apple has worked that stuff in more recently too. Unless you really want to break in there to load your own apps or whatever, which most people don’t do or have any need for, it’s just not much of a point anymore.

Work gave me a 5? Sit's beside me incase I need to turn it on to make a long distance phone call.

Fwiw, the Pixel phones he is referencing have less bloatware and non-deletable bullshit than Iphones do......assuming they are bought through the google store. IDK how they are when bought through a carrier. I've owned the Pixel 1, 3, 4, and 2 of the Nexus line of devices before the Pixels.

That's mainly Samsung that throws shit tons of bloatware and a thick "skin" over the android OS that makes everything less smooth. Pixel's run on a stock butter smooth skinless version of Android. I highly recommend Apple people check out the Pixels if they are looking to switch for whatever reason. Pixels aren't perfect by any means but they have a very similar experience to Iphones along with some nifty Google software features.

Android is better. If you disagree then suck my hog