iPhone

lol!

but um, seriously. apple is an overpriced cult. can't get onboard with it. sorry if you made a bad choice.
They aren’t even overpriced relative to other brands anymore. At least their mobile products, and from what I can tell about their cheaper options, their hardware blows most competitors’ cheaper options out of the water. iPads have evolved into some impressive devices that most people can completely replace their computer with, and they too now come in multiple price ranges. They haven’t got the pricing diversified with computers, but I don’t know that they’re necessarily overpriced for what you get.

The only place that overpriced cult claim holds up anymore is with accessories. They’ve got some cool stuff, but it’s definitely all ridiculously priced. You can absolutely not buy it though, there’s plenty of good 3rd party stuff out there for a fraction of the cost.

They aren’t even overpriced relative to other brands anymore. At least their mobile products, and from what I can tell about their cheaper options, their hardware blows most competitors’ cheaper options out of the water. iPads have evolved into some impressive devices that most people can completely replace their computer with, and they too now come in multiple price ranges. They haven’t got the pricing diversified with computers, but I don’t know that they’re necessarily overpriced for what you get.

The only place that overpriced cult claim holds up anymore is with accessories. They’ve got some cool stuff, but it’s definitely all ridiculously priced. You can absolutely not buy it though, there’s plenty of good 3rd party stuff out there for a fraction of the cost.

ok, ok, so maybe my views on apple are antiquated. maybe my opinion is biased. maybe my i'm too "set in my ways" :airquotes:

tell ya what. i'll be due for a new phone either next year, or 2022. when that time comes, i'll give apple a chance.

ok, ok, so maybe my views on apple are antiquated. maybe my opinion is biased. maybe my i'm too "set in my ways" :airquotes:

tell ya what. i'll be due for a new phone either next year, or 2022. when that time comes, i'll give apple a chance.
I was anti-Apple just because I despise the cult worship of Steve Jobs (who was a gigantic piece of shit). What swayed me was using an iPad, then my first iPhone was a 6S Plus and I went from 'droid and wanting to throw the damn phone against a brick wall cause shit never made sense or worked to everything just working and being perfectly intuitive. I can't imagine ever going back now.

I was anti-Apple just because I despise the cult worship of Steve Jobs (who was a gigantic piece of shit). What swayed me was using an iPad, then my first iPhone was a 6S Plus and I went from 'droid and wanting to throw the damn phone against a brick wall cause shit never made sense or worked to everything just working and being perfectly intuitive. I can't imagine ever going back now.

Apple makes fine products.....the problem with a lot of you guise is that you think that they are the only ones making fine products when they are typically behind the 8-ball at every innovative corner when it comes to new features on mobile devices. Apple used to be the leader when it came to that stuff, now they are being fucked in the ass by basically every Asian manufacturer in the East. They are coasting.....and coasting doesn't push technology forward. Apple is still the leader when it comes to their SOC tech, but at what point does that even matter anymore? That technology has gotten good enough over the last 3 or 4 years that even $300 phones are plenty powerful enough to run their operating systems and most people's daily activities fluidly.

Still using an iPhone 5. Had it replaced once when the battery blew open the case.

Apple knows how to keep these things running.

I've had my iPhone 12 Pro Max for a few weeks now and love it. The straight edges are so much better and more comfortable. The phone is fucking huge but a lot more comfortable than my XS I upgraded from

my mom just bought an iPhone 12 Max.

Jesus.

She has no need for a phone like that.

Apple makes fine products.....the problem with a lot of you guise is that you think that they are the only ones making fine products when they are typically behind the 8-ball at every innovative corner when it comes to new features on mobile devices. Apple used to be the leader when it came to that stuff, now they are being fucked in the ass by basically every Asian manufacturer in the East. They are coasting.....and coasting doesn't push technology forward. Apple is still the leader when it comes to their SOC tech, but at what point does that even matter anymore? That technology has gotten good enough over the last 3 or 4 years that even $300 phones are plenty powerful enough to run their operating systems and most people's daily activities fluidly.
The question is will the operating system work with the phone. That's what sets apple apart, exactly what drives clueless rebels insane...the "walled garden". Apple knows that what they put out will work on all of their products, Android puts shit out and hopes the device makers pay attention to it. As for Apple not being cutting edge, that is exactly right. Samsung or some android crap usually has a new feature first, but it doesn't work. Face unlock for example. Samsung had it first and my buddy loved to point out that he had it. Stopped using it after a few days because it was buggy. Apple comes out 6 months later with it and it works perfectly (pre-COVID Mask days that is). Apple doesn't usually do things first, but when they do adopt something it usually works reliably and repeatedly.

lol thanks for responding to my tongue-in-cheek response from over a week ago
Just wait, I'll respond to this one again next week. Two for one.

I’m on an iPhone 8 and it does everything I need and then some. My iPad is going on 5 years old though and I’ve got to replace it soon because the upgrades have made it incredibly slow and it doesn’t hold a charge worth a shit. I’ll wait until after Christmas and then I’ll pick one up on sale.

I’m on an iPhone 8 and it does everything I need and then some. My iPad is going on 5 years old though and I’ve got to replace it soon because the upgrades have made it incredibly slow and it doesn’t hold a charge worth a shit. I’ll wait until after Christmas and then I’ll pick one up on sale.
The newest regular ipad is already pretty cheap. the wifi only version of the 2020 ipad is only $329.

The question is will the operating system work with the phone. That's what sets apple apart, exactly what drives clueless rebels insane...the "walled garden". Apple knows that what they put out will work on all of their products, Android puts shit out and hopes the device makers pay attention to it. As for Apple not being cutting edge, that is exactly right. Samsung or some android crap usually has a new feature first, but it doesn't work. Face unlock for example. Samsung had it first and my buddy loved to point out that he had it. Stopped using it after a few days because it was buggy. Apple comes out 6 months later with it and it works perfectly (pre-COVID Mask days that is). Apple doesn't usually do things first, but when they do adopt something it usually works reliably and repeatedly.

Android isn't the problem though.... It's device manufacturers that have a bloated "skin" over the Android operating system. Google's phones run smooth as butter because it's a stock Android operating system. One plus also makes a near stock Android experience. The facial recognition was a problem because Samsung was using an optical system based on the camera... Apple's uses dot matrix scanners and shit..... Just like my Google one does. Google's is actually more reliable because it has more sensors.

I know there are other things you are worried about from Google and I'm not trying to talk anyone in to trying them or anything.... Just stating that it's not the operating system that's the root problem. It's the damn manufacturer bogging it down with a skin.

I think that instead of giving apple a chance, you should just shut the fuck up.