Is college football in danger of losing popularity

You never said 'first'.

And I get it. It's 100% because of where I'm from and live.
I can see that. There’s been a couple times where I’m going to an away game in DC or Boston and you get looks to where “why are you even here?” , “there’s a college football game being played here?”

I’m not sure why CFB is different here besides lack great pro sports. I remember moving from Chicago and being like “college football, what is this?”

Such an interesting topic!

Fans from Pro areas don't get College Fans, and fans from College areas don't get Pro Fans!

I'm a true mixture.

I grew up in Alabama and love the Tide.

I graduated from Iowa State, and I love the Cyclones.

I've lived in several "Pro" cities and like Pro teams from each one: I love the Chicago Bears, Cincinnati Reds, FC Cincinnati, Columbus Blue Jackets and Atlanta Hawks!

I also enjoy going to College Games wherever I have lived and have been to plenty of Cal / Stanford (never liked the Bay Area pro teams), Northwestern, Cincinnati Bearcats and Georgia Tech games.

Like the old song goes, "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with!"

wayyyyy too long to read. Does it end the way the Uni-bomber's manifesto did?
Not sure, it's too long to read. It's a copy pasta of fredsdeadfriend and I had to truncate to make it fit within the character limits.

And when it comes to the south, keep in mind there were no pro sports in the south until the 60’s. College ball was all there was, despite a large percentage of the pro athletes being from the south.

So the old timers latched on to a college team and that was passed down.
yup

UNC will always be more popular than the Panthers and Hornets for this reason alone

I have college freshman grandson and his school was in a conference that cancelled the season. He's spent the first semester in the weight room and on the practice field three days a week. When it's 80 degrees in November in NH you really wish that these kids were playing real football. The only good thing is that he gets to keep this year of eligibility and making the Dean;s List will help him hopefully get into another school next year. He got accepted at Kentucky but not until May and he had to commit before before not getting in anywhere. Hopefully it'll all be worth the first year getting high grades and busting his ass in the weight room and working with speed coach. A full scholarship would be great for my budget.