Poll Is Harbaugh Going To Find An NFL Gig?

Does he get a gig in the NFL?

• Yes

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 10,500.00
I gave the crybabies unlimited choices.

I ask because it seems a deal would be done if he was "the guy" a team wanted.

It would appear he's close with the Chargers, but he was close with the Vikings last year before autistically blowing the final interview.

My guess --

Harbaugh knows he can come back to Michigan at any point. He's still under contract until like 2025. So there's no rush with Michigan, even as they try and ink a new deal (he knows what Michigan is going to pay him).

I suspect he's trying to get the NFL to pay him way more ($16+ million per year). And I suspect, though no one ever knows with Harbaugh, that he is using some baseline number like that to decide things and maybe some NFL teams are waffling about paying that much when there's some pretty big open names in the coaching world right now. Like, would you pay Harbaugh $16 million vs. hiring Vrable at $9 million?

So, with that said, I think if an NFL team pays harbaugh a ridiculous amount of money he's going to leave (I'd say at least $14-$16 mil). And if they don't, he'll probably choose to sign the Michigan contract. I think if Michigan is at $11 and NFL teams are in that ballpark, he's not jumping for an equal contract.

My guess --

Harbaugh knows he can come back to Michigan at any point. He's still under contract until like 2025. So there's no rush with Michigan, even as they try and ink a new deal (he knows what Michigan is going to pay him).

I suspect he's trying to get the NFL to pay him way more ($16+ million per year). And I suspect, though no one ever knows with Harbaugh, that he is using some baseline number like that to decide things and maybe some NFL teams are waffling about paying that much when there's some pretty big open names in the coaching world right now. Like, would you pay Harbaugh $16 million vs. hiring Vrable at $9 million?

So, with that said, I think if an NFL team pays harbaugh a ridiculous amount of money he's going to leave (I'd say at least $14-$16 mil). And if they don't, he'll probably choose to sign the Michigan contract. I think if Michigan is at $11 and NFL teams are in that ballpark, he's not jumping for an equal contract.
This, plus I always figured he'd want some roster control.

I gave the crybabies unlimited choices.
I like this poll … no bullshit (saved for the comments) and a simple Potato Salad.

I do not think Harbaugh is going anywhere, but should he sign with an NFL Team. Sharrone Moore is an acceptable replacement. Any College Football Team is bigger than their coach or any player. GO BLUE.

He's just waiting for someone to offer him and he will immediately jump on it

He woulda been gone already the last 2 years but no offer came, no matter what Michigan fans want to claim. He's been begging to get back into the NFL for 3 offseason's now.

I'm guessing this year is probably the year. 2 teams bringing him back for a 2nd interview. Chargers seem desperate so I think they make the move.

Then Harbaugh will run his course there after like 4 years when he pulls the same shit he did in San Francisco, nobody liked him there and by all accounts he was a nightmare to deal with. He went to 3 straight NFC title games (1 super bowl) and they couldn't wait to fire him after 1 8-8 season. Lol.

My guess --

Why would he come back to Michigan? It took 9 years to take them to their ceiling and it only goes down from here. Losing most of his players + all this turmoil with the cheating scandal, possible suspension...etc. It is about money but it mostly about saving himself from a long headache. It is easy to leave while on top.

He's just waiting for someone to offer him and he will immediately jump on it

He woulda been gone already the last 2 years but no offer came, no matter what Michigan fans want to claim. He's been begging to get back into the NFL for 3 offseason's now.

I'm guessing this year is probably the year. 2 teams bringing him back for a 2nd interview. Chargers seem desperate so I think they make the move.

Then Harbaugh will run his course there after like 4 years when he pulls the same shit he did in San Francisco, nobody liked him there and by all accounts he was a nightmare to deal with. He went to 3 straight NFC title games (1 super bowl) and they couldn't wait to fire him after 1 8-8 season. Lol.
The Chargers are a desperate franchise. Staley failed them. They need a fresh start. They can't waste Herbert's years

Why would he come back to Michigan? It took 9 years to take them to their ceiling and it only goes down from here. Losing most of his players + all this turmoil with the cheating scandal, possible suspension...etc. It is about money but it mostly about saving himself from a long headache. It is easy to leave while on top.
He idolizes Bo, Bo was here for 21 years as a coach. You don't think Harbaugh wants a statue next to him? Dude would be cemented into a lifetime contract if he comes back. He's not going to get that in the NFL, where 1 bad season can cause you to get the boot (Urban).

I ask because it seems a deal would be done if he was "the guy" a team wanted.
Not really, NFL franchises don't need to fill their vacancies with the same haste as college programs, they aren't even allowed to pursue coaches affiliated with teams still playing. They take their time with interviews and wait until they can consider everyone they want to consider. It's not the same "this is our guy, back up the Brinks truck and get him" mentality as college.

Not really, NFL franchises don't need to fill their vacancies with the same haste as college programs, they aren't even allowed to pursue coaches affiliated with teams still playing. They take their time with interviews and wait until they can consider everyone they want to consider. It's not the same "this is our guy, back up the Brinks truck and get him" mentality as college.
If he was a hot ticket then he would have multiple offers and someone would pounce.

The longer it goes the more it seems he is a backup candidate.

I like this poll … no bullshit (saved for the comments) and a simple Potato Salad.

I do not think Harbaugh is going anywhere, but should he sign with an NFL Team. Sharrone Moore is an acceptable replacement. Any College Football Team is bigger than their coach or any player. GO BLUE.
I’m offended you called my comments BS.

No, but if there were multiple teams going after him (Falcons and Chargers) there would be potential urgency to beat the other one out.

My guess --

^This. The guy thinks he's primed to be one of the greatest NFL coaches of all time and wants a payday. He'll wait as long as he has to find some sucker owner willing to pay him.

If he was a hot ticket then he would have multiple offers and someone would pounce.

The longer it goes the more it seems he is a backup candidate.
Maybe he's not that hot of a ticket, or he wants to interview for all available jobs that offer him an interview. There are currently 5 openings in the NFL, only 1 team seamed to be in a rush, or knew "their guy" this cycle. The 5 seem to be taking their time and interviewing multiple candidates.

I could see Harbaugh being pissed off about the suspensions from Michigan (ala Urban Meyer at Ohio State) and taking off to the NFL but there isn’t a great situation for him to go to. Chicago might be ok. With the number one pick, might be able to trade down and get a few good picks to build for the future. He can stop dealing with recruiting but he would be dealing with huge egos and I don’t see him dealing with egos bigger than his own.