Poll Is Harbaugh Going To Find An NFL Gig?

Does he get a gig in the NFL?

• Yes

Votes: 25 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Potato Salad

Votes: 10 27.8%

• Total voters
Maybe he's not that hot of a ticket, or he wants to interview for all available jobs that offer him an interview. There are currently 5 openings in the NFL, only 1 team seamed to be in a rush, or knew "their guy" this cycle. The 5 seem to be taking their time and interviewing multiple candidates.

Like I said above the 49ers were so sick of his shit that they couldnt wait to fire him after 1 8-8 season after he had won 11+ games and made it at least to the NFC title game the 3 years before that.

I guess Michigan must just be the right atmosphere where his odd ball behavior is accepted.

The NFL is a league of desperation to win. Franchises like the Chargers see that period of winning and think they should pull the trigger because it could happen there too.

No, but if there were multiple teams going after him (Falcons and Chargers) there would be potential urgency to beat the other one out.
I don't think that's necessarily the case. It's the NFL, there isn't 1 guy that everyone needs to trip over their dicks to get. They don't need to worry about grabbing someone to salvage draft classes and rosters, but they do need to make sure their targeted options will fit with the organization, get along with the GM, accept the level of control the organization does or doesn't want to give them. All the things they need to consider seem like potentially the biggest red flags for a Harbaugh type.

I could see Harbaugh being pissed off about the suspensions from Michigan (ala Urban Meyer at Ohio State) and taking off to the NFL but there isn’t a great situation for him to go to. Chicago might be ok. With the number one pick, might be able to trade down and get a few good picks to build for the future. He can stop dealing with recruiting but he would be dealing with huge egos and I don’t see him dealing with egos bigger than his own.

There's a lot of claims that Harbaugh was indeed not happy with having to serve the suspensions.

He's had 1 foot out the door the last 2 offseasons before this though, so maybe that pushes him a bit harder but its not the sole reason.

Maybe he's not that hot of a ticket, or he wants to interview for all available jobs that offer him an interview. There are currently 5 openings in the NFL, only 1 team seamed to be in a rush, or knew "their guy" this cycle. The 5 seem to be taking their time and interviewing multiple candidates.
I thought the Titans and Patriots both had hired their guys so that would be 2.

Falcons are waiting on Detroit to finish out and are going to interview both their OC and DC so I don't think Harbough is in that picture at all except as in a fallback position. The rumor is Ben Johnson is telling teams his ask is 20mm which is absurd.

I thought the Titans and Patriots both had hired their guys so that would be 2.

Falcons are waiting on Detroit to finish out and are going to interview both their OC and DC so I don't think Harbough is in that picture at all except as in a fallback position. The rumor is Ben Johnson is telling teams his ask is 20mm which is absurd.
I forgot about the Titans.

I think everyone is waiting to interview the Lions OC.

My point is I don't think there being no Harbaugh movement at this point necessarily suggests he won't land somewhere. I think he's probably a pretty high candidate for a couple teams, but he's also been around long enough that they are all well aware of his weirdness and quirks, which bumps him down from must have to want, but let's take our time to vet.

I think he will be the Chargers coach.

However I could see him back at Michigan in 3-4 years lol. When the Chargers get tired of his act like the 49ers did and Michigan doesn't do so great the next few years.

There's a lot of claims that Harbaugh was indeed not happy with having to serve the suspensions.

He's had 1 foot out the door the last 2 offseasons before this though, so maybe that pushes him a bit harder but its not the sole reason.
He came there to win championships, he has brought them three straight conference titles and one Natty. He can leave claiming he has finally achieved his goal in Ann Arbor. The only thing missing from his resume is a Super Bowl title. And I’m sure it eats him alive that his brother has one over him and right now he is on the doorstep for another.

He came there to win championships, he has brought them three straight conference titles and one Natty. He can leave claiming he has finally achieved his goal in Ann Arbor. The only thing missing from his resume is a Super Bowl title. And I’m sure it eats him alive that his brother has one over him and right now he is on the doorstep for another.

He woulda left either of the last 2 years if someone woulda offered him a job. He can claim that, but it's not true that he had some goal and then to leave after.

Could you imagine having the proven track record he has? Clearly being one of the best alive who can win anywhere... But you're know to be such a weird little pain in the ass that it keeps you from being able to land any job you want...

Like, maybe just stop being such a weird little dork?

Could you imagine having the proven track record he has? Clearly being one of the best alive who can win anywhere... But you're know to be such a weird little pain in the ass that it keeps you from being able to land any job you want...

Like, maybe just stop being such a weird little dork?

It's exactly why he didn't get a job the last 2 years. EVENTUALLY some NFL franchise was going to get desperate though and hope they can get like that 3 year run he had with the 49ers out of him.

He idolizes Bo, Bo was here for 21 years as a coach. You don't think Harbaugh wants a statue next to him? Dude would be cemented into a lifetime contract if he comes back. He's not going to get that in the NFL, where 1 bad season can cause you to get the boot (Urban).
I don't think he gives a shit about that if I am being honest. 1st real title in 80 years is good enough

I Dont Morgan Freeman GIF

It's exactly why he didn't get a job the last 2 years. EVENTUALLY some NFL franchise was going to get desperate though and hope they can get like that 3 year run he had with the 49ers out of him.
Maybe.

The trend right now is the guys that are doing the best are younger, innovative and relate to players and the recent successful hires seem to be in that direction.

Maybe.

The trend right now is the guys that are doing the best are younger, innovative and relate to players and the recent successful hires seem to be in that direction.

Chargers seem like the perfect landscape for him to get hired

They are a historically mediocre-average franchise and now they are playing red headed step child to the Rams in LA. They are desperate for attention, recognition and success. The Harbaugh hire at least brings the first 2 right away.

Chargers seem like the perfect landscape for him to get hired

They are a historically mediocre-average franchise and now they are playing red headed step child to the Rams in LA. They are desperate for attention, recognition and success. The Harbaugh hire at least brings the first 2 right away.

The contract between Jim Harbaugh and the Los Angeles Chargers is mostly agreed to in principle when it comes to his salary. Other smaller issues are on the agenda as the coach and the team are meeting Tuesday in hopes of formally agreeing to fill the team’s vacant head coach job, NFL sources have told OutKick.

It’s still premature to say a deal is completely done until everything is signed.

But the money part? Agreed.

The contract between Jim Harbaugh and the Los Angeles Chargers is mostly agreed to in principle when it comes to his salary. Other smaller issues are on the agenda as the coach and the team are meeting Tuesday in hopes of formally agreeing to fill the team’s vacant head coach job, NFL sources have told OutKick.

It’s still premature to say a deal is completely done until everything is signed.

But the money part? Agreed.

Still time for Harbaugh to fuck everything up by being himself too much.

The Vikings seemed ready to hire him last year until they talked to him too much.