Is it time to start paying attention to Luis Arraez’s chase for .400?

Not until August

Is it time to start paying attention to a player who has no power, no speed and almost exclusively hits singles?

No.

Tony Gwynn Smile GIF by San Diego Padres

I mean it’s late June and he got to .400 on the season after a 5 hit game last night(his third 5 hit game of this month)

It’s the latest in the season in a long time that there was still a player with a real shot at hitting .400 on the season.

It would be the first .400 season the vast majority of us have ever witnessed at the MLB level. Odds are against him, and with him playing for a division rival, I kinda hope he doesn’t get there
It's been time.

That one year, when Coke and whiskey were still a benefit to Lenny Dykstra, he was hitting .400 late into the season.

Had to be close to this part of the season. Hangovers are harder to deal with as it gets hotter. He faded. But I’d take that dirt ass over this slap hitter.

They had a doubleheader on June 11th and he dropped below .400 in the second game.

You people posting Tony Gwynn need to stop.

Dude projected to steal more bases in his 39 year old season than Arraez did in his entire career so far.

June 23: .402

John Olerud also made it to August above .400 in 1993, he is often forgotten in general so he's worth a mention here. He still hit .290 from August 3rd to the finish but his average dropped 37 points!

Nah. I think Dykstra made it this far.

Is it time to start paying attention to a player who has no power, no speed and almost exclusively hits singles?

No.
What? If he was on the Yankees you'd have people thinking he was the goat.

...or perhaps...

...This is the result of shifting. From day 1, I was against limiting shifting and let the hitters figure out ways to beat it naturally. I take the "be better" not "change the rules for the shitty ones who can't" stance. Maybe Arraez is one of the few who did figure it out and now that shifting is restricted he's using his "beat the shift" techniques to the tune of a .400 BA?

Steroids were good for the game and made it more fun